hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: McKirdy

I don't understand why he is getting chosen over some of the younger lads like what others have said. Whats in his contract? Hopefully for all parties he moves on in summer.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He has talent but his attitude appears to be Lillian Gish maybe step up and needs time but he won’t get it here can see him back at Swindon

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He desperately wants to play and is frustrated about it. Would hardly say his attitude stinks. He just isn't very good so doesn't play really.

Hibs have wasted a year of his career by making a bad signing. It's rubbish and frustrating for all parties.
    Hibs haven’t wasted anything of McKirdys, we’ve given him a chance at a higher level with more money in his pocket and probably a flat in the city centre to boot, Mckirdy has came here bold as brass and it’s not worked how he thought it would, does it look as if he’s saw ways to try and improve his game and knuckled down? Doesn’t to me, doesn’t even give the impression he understand the role he’s supposed to be playing when he comes on it’s just aimless running about, he’s wasted the chance we’ve given him and unfortunately we’ll probably have to cut our loses and ship him back down the road, we’re certainly not to blame for his loss of a year

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    I truly believe he’s no all there. It’s like the lights are on (but flickering going off the weird as **** nature of his instagram posts) but the family who lived there have moved out and left the cat locked in the house pissing and ****ting everywhere. ****in bizarre behaviour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely love the detail you’ve put into this description

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Tell you what, he might not be good enough for us, who knows really. But he's taking some amount of abuse from Hibs fans on Instagram. Really not sure what the need is or what they hope to achieve.

Bet 3/4 of them wouldn't say a word to his face.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Tell you what, he might not be good enough for us, who knows really. But he's taking some amount of abuse from Hibs fans on Instagram. Really not sure what the need is or what they hope to achieve.

Maybe if he spent less time calling fans who criticise his conduct ‘nonces’ he might earn some sympathy. As it is, the guy frankly has it coming.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Maybe if he spent less time calling fans who criticise his conduct ‘nonces’ he might earn some sympathy. As it is, the guy frankly has it coming.
    He didn't?! 😂

I'm willing to bet most of them would, I certainly would.

He didn't?! 😂
    He did yesterday

Attitude stinks. His social media stuff is just petulant and pathetic. I understand he’s frustrated and probably feels he deserves more of a chance but when he has been on he’s done very little to impress.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Hibs. Scotland. Golf. Bevvy. Juggling. Jigsaws. Concrete. Rain. Mckirdy.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Hibs. Scotland. Golf. Bevvy. Juggling. Jigsaws. Concrete. Rain. Mckirdy.
    And that’s being generous

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    And that’s being generous
    I was going to add "Farts" and "Vomiting" but it's a Sunday.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    I think he hit someone with a very wayward shot in the warm up. He didn’t really acknowledge it or check they were ok, and took dogs abuse from one guy in particular, then went in a bit of a huff about it. Then he made a half arsed attempt to sign a couple of autographs but made a hasty retreat. I couldn’t hear what was being said from where I was but no one looked great.

Seems like a guy that isn’t happy at the club and doesn’t know how to build a rapport with the support. We’ve also got more than our fair share of dickheads that are quick to criticise. He looks like an emotional lad that’s lost his confidence. It’s probably best for everyone if he moves on and gets a fresh start somewhere else.
    It's a sad state of affairs, when the coach has to make you go back and apologise to the supporters.

Wanted the boy to do well at hibs, but his heid is up his erse!
    Best to move him on,at the end of season.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    He has a bit of ability but not at the level we need him to be at.
    Personality wise lets face it hes a bit left field lets say. Bit of an odd ball.

He didn't?! 😂
    He absolutely did, then deleted his comment this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    He has a bit of ability but not at the level we need him to be at.
    Personality wise lets face it hes a bit left field lets say. Bit of an odd ball.
    I was quite hearted to see Brian McDermott say character is everything to him in a player (I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist of it). That should see us avoid another McKirdy. You can carry a player who is a bit 'out there' if he is producing the goods but if he isn't then they are just a liability.

I remember when he signed people found it hilarious he turned up at some awards event down south in a tracksuit and bucket hat despite the fact the dress code was black tie. I was told to lighten up when I said that had alarm bells ringing for me but it's indicative of how he views his job. I get not everyone likes dress codes but if they are in place then they should be followed, not doing so just shows a lack of respect for the event and the club you are there representing.

The incident with the shot at goal yesterday, if it happened as is being described, isn't great either. We all know you might get hit by a ball at the football. When it happens in the warm up though it's common practice for the player to acknowledge it and usually if a child is involved they go over and check everything is ok. To ignore it then smash another ball at the same goal a few seconds later is just another lack of respect.

Of course he is frustrated he isn't playing but really that's a time to knuckle down and force yourself into a position where you can't be ignored. As it is the only reason anyone notices McKirdy is because of his daft haircuts, sleeves pulled over his hands and his social media content. His on field endeavours have been instantly forgettable and if his solution is acting up like a toddler then I come back to the point about McDermott and character. It's not the actions of someone who is the right character for a club looking to better itself and continuously improve.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    He’s a pathetic little weirdo who was and will never be good enough to play for a club like ours. The sooner he’s gone, the better. The definition of a wage thief.
    Usually you'd get pelters on here for calling a Hibs player that.

Think you'll be safe this time!

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Usually you'd get pelters on here for calling a Hibs player that.

Think you'll be safe this time!
    And rightfully so to be fair, I don’t think I’ve ever used the phrase before. I just think it’s apt in this case.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I was quite hearted to see Brian McDermott say character is everything to him in a player (I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist of it). That should see us avoid another McKirdy. You can carry a player who is a bit 'out there' if he is producing the goods but if he isn't then they are just a liability.

I remember when he signed people found it hilarious he turned up at some awards event down south in a tracksuit and bucket hat despite the fact the dress code was black tie. I was told to lighten up when I said that had alarm bells ringing for me but it's indicative of how he views his job. I get not everyone likes dress codes but if they are in place then they should be followed, not doing so just shows a lack of respect for the event and the club you are there representing.

The incident with the shot at goal yesterday, if it happened as is being described, isn't great either. We all know you might get hit by a ball at the football. When it happens in the warm up though it's common practice for the player to acknowledge it and usually if a child is involved they go over and check everything is ok. To ignore it then smash another ball at the same goal a few seconds later is just another lack of respect.

Of course he is frustrated he isn't playing but really that's a time to knuckle down and force yourself into a position where you can't be ignored. As it is the only reason anyone notices McKirdy is because of his daft haircuts, sleeves pulled over his hands and his social media content. His on field endeavours have been instantly forgettable and if his solution is acting up like a toddler then I come back to the point about McDermott and character. It's not the actions of someone who is the right character for a club looking to better itself and continuously improve.
    I agree. That character point made me full so much more positive about his appointment than might otherwise have been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I agree. That character point made me full so much more positive about his appointment than might otherwise have been the case.
    Like the rest of us Ive got no idea if BM will be a success at Hibs or not but Im very hopeful. For sure though he is a football man and a proverbial student of the game. A very good appointment IMO.

The thing that stands out in his post is that he likes golf. He must like it because it affords him the opportunity to wear daft clothes. He surely can’t play it with his evident lack of strength, coordination and composure.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    The thing that stands out in his post is that he likes golf. He must like it because it affords him the opportunity to wear daft clothes. He surely can’t play it with his evident lack of strength, coordination and composure.
    He has a handicap of 20 at Portobello crazy golf.

If they dress like a prick and act like a prick they’re probably a prick.

He’s ****ing up his chance of playing for undoubtedly the biggest club he’s going to play for. He can **** off back to Swindon and be some average league two teams cult hero in front of 7k fans.

Coaching Staff
    Social media, the bane of football managers, players and clubs in general.

In his defence - he did come across to apologise, but was getting absolute pelters when he did so. Rocky and Campbell then pulled him away and calmed the situation down before mckirdy came over and apologised again.

I thought his tweet was mildly amusing. Not clever but nothing I’d get too worked up over.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    He’s a bit like an early Jamie Tart in Ted Lasso, but with a wilder dress sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    He’s a bit like an early Jamie Tart in Ted Lasso, but with a wilder dress sense.
    Jamie Tart scored goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    He has a handicap of 20 at Portobello crazy golf.
    Flappy Gilmore