hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: McKirdy

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's pish and in denial. He'd be better off down in League 2 where he can pretend he's better than he is. If he wants to make it at our level he needs to realise a summer spent in the gym and a better attitude might be the building blocks of something rather than sulking like a bairn.
    Agree

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    I stuck up for him but he's at it again, the social media stuff is no good although I can understand why he's frustrated tbh. He's our player yet hoppe comes on before him.
    Hoppe has shown he can find the back of the net.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I think he hit someone with a very wayward shot in the warm up. He didn’t really acknowledge it or check they were ok, and took dogs abuse from one guy in particular, then went in a bit of a huff about it. Then he made a half arsed attempt to sign a couple of autographs but made a hasty retreat. I couldn’t hear what was being said from where I was but no one looked great.

Seems like a guy that isn’t happy at the club and doesn’t know how to build a rapport with the support. We’ve also got more than our fair share of dickheads that are quick to criticise. He looks like an emotional lad that’s lost his confidence. It’s probably best for everyone if he moves on and gets a fresh start somewhere else.

I think that post is just a joke - not really something to get annoyed about.

But he’s hopeless at this level and that’s not going to change. Night and day with Hoppe by the way who has actually contributed goal involvements and has a vastly better CV

Not fussed about his socials. He’s a man child and nowhere near the level mentally or physically to play for Hibs.

I’m not sure he has the emotional intelligence to make it at Hibs.

If the manager thinks he's not good enough for us to come on in a scenario like yesterday when the game is stretched and we need fresh legs and a bit of an outlet, then it's pointless him being here. Offers us nothing.

@hibs.net private member
    Stupid post from McKirdy to one side. From what I’ve seen of them, I think McKirdy does look more creative on the ball than Hoppe but not been that impressed by either of them really. Doubt either will be at the club next season.

When warming up he decided to try and hit the empty main goals with two strikes, Needless to say they didn't hit the target and sailed into the kids section. After the first he got abuse from a couple of parents. He then did it again and that angered more parents. He then took that in a bad way and didn't see any need to apologise and was pretty arrogant about it as if to say they should expect the balls coming over. That riled more of the fans. Rocky and josh Campbell came over to apologise. There is a practise goal with. Ig nets for a reason, be was bang out of order, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't in the next match day squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I’m not sure he has the emotional intelligence to make it at Hibs.
    Brilliant

Said if all along and got slated, never good enough for us and his attitude stinks. Get rid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's shown **** all on the park and seems to be one of these self appointed 'characters' of it.

He had a decent 20 minutes v Dundee Utd (by the standards he has shown in other games anyway) and it was like he was the second coming for some. He's a journeyman who has had one good season. We shouldn't be wasting another minute with him at the expense of 2 of our own youngsters.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theScientist View Post
    When warming up he decided to try and hit the empty main goals with two strikes, Needless to say they didn't hit the target and sailed into the kids section. After the first he got abuse from a couple of parents. He then did it again and that angered more parents. He then took that in a bad way and didn't see any need to apologise and was pretty arrogant about it as if to say they should expect the balls coming over. That riled more of the fans. Rocky and josh Campbell came over to apologise. There is a practise goal with. Ig nets for a reason, be was bang out of order, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't in the next match day squad.
    So he is not allowed to practice shooting in the warm up. Responsibility on parents to keep eye out for this you would have thought also.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    It says a bit about McKirdy that he couldnt even hit the empty net (twice) in the warmup.

A panic signing, hopefully we wont see that kind of thing happen under the new DoF.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He’ll surely not be here next season. His attitude seems rotten and he doesn’t have any ability to back it up. The hitting shots over the bar thing is being blown well out of proportion from what I saw though, abuse he got for clipping a shot over the bar in a warm up was crazy. Sit behind a goal you might get hit with the ball 🤷🏻

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    So he is not allowed to practice shooting in the warm up. Responsibility on parents to keep eye out for this you would have thought also.
    Practise net there for a reason Jim, before the game you are not watching every ball. Wouldn't say the problem was the ball coming over, it was the absolute lack of responsibility in a wave to say sorry. Absolutely need to practise, but also need to do it into the correct net, but if there is a wayward shot, acknowledge it, give a little check and move on. Not really that difficult is it? That's what the guys were more annoyed about. I was a few rows back from where it hit and both balls came in at a rate, so I'd have been looking for the same decency from any player to be fair. They know its the family section.

He desperately wants to play and is frustrated about it. Would hardly say his attitude stinks. He just isn't very good so doesn't play really.

Hibs have wasted a year of his career by making a bad signing. It's rubbish and frustrating for all parties.

Best for everyone concerned if he left in the summer.
    Last edited by Since452; 07-05-2023 at 07:43 AM.

Josh O’Connor and laidlaw must be raging with the manager picking that over giving them valued minutes.

Get rid, brings absolutely nothing to the team, nothing!

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    This is how I see it

McKirdy is lashing out because he wants to play he knows it hasn't worked out well and it's hurting him. The boy doesn't want to be classed as a bad signing or a failure and being on the bench only adds to that frustration because you can't turn things round if you aren't on the pitch. One positive from this is we have a player screaming to be on the pitch for us and a player that wants to succeed with us.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Yup. A huge waste of money and the kind of signing (along with Melkersen) that we can't be repeating under the new set up.

He needs to GTF. He's not 18, he's 26 years old and should know much, much better. Bale won 5 Champions Leagues. This boy has had 1 decent season at Swindon.

agreed, but Melkersen has done SIGNIFICANTLY more for Hibs than McKirdy, so I wouldn’t be particularly inclined to put them in the same category.

Rocky and JC feeling the need to apologise and McKirdy not seemingly giving a duck shows you all the character you need to know

I think he's definitely been unwise in his social media use. Like he's ignoring the undoubted club policy on such things as his language is not "professional" and his ability to go "all leigh Griffiths" in his interactions with dafties online.

Also think his weird Lampard and Chelsea obsession is rubbing a number of folks up the wrong way. It looks disrespectful at times to the people it winds up. He doesn't understand that, for most Scottish football supporters, their own team is the priority and any interest in an English club is not on the same level. We see other players who have come from big English clubs to us and they don't persist in posting all the time about that club. The professional manner of Will Fish, for example.

He also doesn't realise some Hibs fans will hate his beloved Chelsea and so will probably find it really irritating- they're looking for Hibs content.

All that said though, I think some of our hard of thinking fans have decided baiting him is a game. At Perth, there was an incident near us where some guy thought he was a bit of a wag in shouting abuse at him to try and get a rise. He was showing off to his wee group of adults and kids. It was really cringey and I couldn't wait for McKirdy to be out of his earshot because it was a confrontation waiting to happen. Thankfully McKirdy ignored him but you could see he wasn't comfortable. I mean, when we need to get points, win games and push to the end as THE priority, why do some folk think winding up or provoking a player is beneficial to anyone?

I do think he's unfortunately struggled to adapt. His personality is like a early incarnation of Leigh meets Jason. However, it's not all on him.

No idea about this alleged incident yesterday but we've more important things to focus on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    I think he's definitely been unwise in his social media use. Like he's ignoring the undoubted club policy on such things as his language is not "professional" and his ability to go "all leigh Griffiths" in his interactions with dafties online.

Also think his weird Lampard and Chelsea obsession is rubbing a number of folks up the wrong way. It looks disrespectful at times to the people it winds up. He doesn't understand that, for most Scottish football supporters, their own team is the priority and any interest in an English club is not on the same level. We see other players who have come from big English clubs to us and they don't persist in posting all the time about that club. The professional manner of Will Fish, for example.

He also doesn't realise some Hibs fans will hate his beloved Chelsea and so will probably find it really irritating- they're looking for Hibs content.

All that said though, I think some of our hard of thinking fans have decided baiting him is a game. At Perth, there was an incident near us where some guy thought he was a bit of a wag in shouting abuse at him to try and get a rise. He was showing off to his wee group of adults and kids. It was really cringey and I couldn't wait for McKirdy to be out of his earshot because it was a confrontation waiting to happen. Thankfully McKirdy ignored him but you could see he wasn't comfortable. I mean, when we need to get points, win games and push to the end as THE priority, why do some folk think winding up or provoking a player is beneficial to anyone?

I do think he's unfortunately struggled to adapt. His personality is like a early incarnation of Leigh meets Jason. However, it's not all on him.

No idea about this alleged incident yesterday but we've more important things to focus on right now.
    Absolutely there's no defending abusing him for fun, but for me it relates back to a core part of our recruitment policy that we get the right characters in the club. He's not an 18 year old lad and as such that level of immaturity should be nowhere near our club at his age!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theScientist View Post
    Practise net there for a reason Jim, before the game you are not watching every ball. Wouldn't say the problem was the ball coming over, it was the absolute lack of responsibility in a wave to say sorry. Absolutely need to practise, but also need to do it into the correct net, but if there is a wayward shot, acknowledge it, give a little check and move on. Not really that difficult is it? That's what the guys were more annoyed about. I was a few rows back from where it hit and both balls came in at a rate, so I'd have been looking for the same decency from any player to be fair. They know its the family section.
    Seems perfectly fair response wasn't in the ground when it happened agree most players would put hand up to apologise especially if kids are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    Absolutely there's no defending abusing him for fun, but for me it relates back to a core part of our recruitment policy that we get the right characters in the club. He's not an 18 year old lad and as such that level of immaturity should be nowhere near our club at his age!
    There's definitely due diligence needed about recruitment but I wonder if they thought they'd sort that side of him out. All ifs, buts and maybes. I'm not condoning some of his actions but I really think he can be dealt with after the season is done. I suspect he'll ask back down south and his comfort zone...

Take whatever you can get for him and send him straight back down the league 2, if he was a good player you can put up with the “maverick” behaviour but he’s pish and his attitude stinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Yup. A huge waste of money and the kind of signing (along with Melkersen) that we can't be repeating under the new set up.

He needs to GTF. He's not 18, he's 26 years old and should know much, much better. Bale won 5 Champions Leagues. This boy has had 1 decent season at Swindon.
    Very unfair to class Melkersen remotely near McKirdy. Melkersen is very young and has shown glimpses he has got it - he’s absolutely someone who we need to continue nurturing and take it slowly with.

McKirdy on the other hand is exceptionally average despite coming up here with a big reputation and thoughts on himself. Like many from the English lower leagues (and top league as well), he has hugely underestimated the quality of the teams up here. I’d be delighted for all parties if he turned it around for us, but I can’t see it.

I'm not a fan of Melkersen at all but McKirdy is a veteran compared to him. There is still some hope for Melkersen. McKirdy can't back up his petulant behaviour with anything close to a performance despite having had more than enough chances.
    Last edited by Since452; 07-05-2023 at 09:57 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think there is a good player there, but think hes abit of a confidence player and needs a few goals to get going.

All his change of haircuts all seem to be his way getting himself up for the games and being the maverick but ot just hasnt happened for him so far.

I do think Josh O,connor and Ethan Laidlaw shouldve had more chances tho. Especially instead of Bojang