hibs.net Messageboard

Premiership red card's higher than previous 7 season's

Personally I thought shinnies was a red card as well as one the killie player got against us though some of you didn't think they were ,do you in that case think VARS decision's on this matter are getting out of hand ?.
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...luence-4111810

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally I thought shinnies was a red card as well as one the killie player got against us though some of you didn't think they were ,do you in that case think VARS decision's on this matter are getting out of hand ?.
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...luence-4111810
    I think VAR is generally getting the reds correct by the letter of the law. It's the laws that need changed.

However, how many times did Morelos stamp on Porteous etc? VAR would've seen him sent off on each occasion.

I have no problem with players who deserve cards receiving them - and in theory (!!!!!) VAR should help with this.

As an aside, I thought Beaton was quick to show his first card on Saturday and it led to a situation where there were quite a lot of cards in a derby that was relatively tame. The yellow cards were really quite inconsistent and I thought he got a fair few wrong. It's one of the areas where the ref still has full control to influence the game and tbqh I don't think I'd be changing that, as games would last all day if every single yellow card went to VAR.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I have no problem with players who deserve cards receiving them - and in theory (!!!!!) VAR should help with this.

As an aside, I thought Beaton was quick to show his first card on Saturday and it led to a situation where there were quite a lot of cards in a derby that was relatively tame. The yellow cards were really quite inconsistent and I thought he got a fair few wrong. It's one of the areas where the ref still has full control to influence the game and tbqh I don't think I'd be changing that, as games would last all day if every single yellow card went to VAR.
    There is no way in Hell that Beaton would referee a Glasgow derby the same way as he refereed the game on Saturday. They have different rules for that game

VAR picking up reds that would have been previously missed… shocked

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    I think VAR is generally getting the reds correct by the letter of the law. It's the laws that need changed.

However, how many times did Morelos stamp on Porteous etc? VAR would've seen him sent off on each occasion.
    I'd agree , most of the red card decisions have been correct going by the letter of the law .How the referee and official's missed Morelos's stamp on Porto I will never know! You'd like to think that if VAR had been around Morelos would have been sent off though there's a wee bit of me that thinks it would have depend on who was watching VAR and refereeing the game also .

I wonder has this ridiculous handball rule had a hand in ( pardon the pun ) many of the red cards this season too . As the other poster said Beaton was very quick flashing the yellow cards in the derby. CJs tackle while it was clumsy and late , imo a warning would have been enough seeing as it was his first one . Then you have two very similar incidents when Shankland fouls Marshall , Newell fouls Shankland in which Newell's booked and walking a tightrope for the rest of the game yet Shankland isn't! Find in game's the inconsistency in giving out yellow cards has probably lead to a high red card this season also ( Youan's at parkhead )