hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Aberdeen appeal Shinnie red card

Is Ryan Porteous still the only player ever to be handed an additional ban for a “frivolous” appeal, despite the fact we had no game coming up immediately. Aberdeen appealing Shinnie’s looks like an attempt to have him available for their game the The Rangers.

2. Log in to remove the advert

It will be heard and rejected by Friday
    Remember the committee conveniently met when we appealed think it was Hunter’s sending off on Christmas week so he was unavailable for the derby

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It will be heard and rejected by Friday
    Remember the committee conveniently met when we appealed think it was Hunter’s sending off on Christmas week so he was unavailable for the derby
    Definitely they’ll sit but will they issue an additional ban, or was that a punishment exclusive to public enemy RP do you think?

4 game ban for shinnie. 2 for the red card, 1 for it being his 2nd of the season and another for there being no chance of successful appeal.

Absolutely laughable. **** the SFA/SPFL

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    4 game ban for shinnie. 2 for the red card, 1 for it being his 2nd of the season and another for there being no chance of successful appeal.

Is a bit of a joke. He clearly gets to the ball first and catches the guy's shin after. They must think he's deliberately left one on the boy, which I think he's capable of, but in this instance I'm not convinced he did. How's he supposed to kick the ball without any follow through?

Might suit us if we make top 6.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Is a bit of a joke. He clearly gets to the ball first and catches the guy's shin after. They must think he's deliberately left one on the boy, which I think he's capable of, but in this instance I'm not convinced he did. How's he supposed to kick the ball without any follow through?

we need Aberdeen to keep picking up points to stop them getting third so shinnie would be a big miss for them.

In what way is it laughable? It’s about as clear a red as you can get these days. There’s been at least 3 reds so far in the league for similar tackles that probably weren’t as bad so nice to see the SFA remember about this rule that magically existed when we appealed the Porto one last season.

Like it or not it’s not 1980 and that challenge would be a red in any game in the world

The contact being deliberate is not relevant. It was a daft appeal on their part

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

It’s not really. He gets the ball but he definitely followed through to get the player. Put it this way it would be fair enough if it was a 50/50 ball but he clearly had more chance of winning it probably more 70/30 and rather than being robust it absolutely dangerous/ reckless and endangering the opponent. Jail for me. Cant believe they had the brass neck to appeal it.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    In what way is it laughable? It’s about as clear a red as you can get these days. There’s been at least 3 reds so far in the league for similar tackles that probably weren’t as bad so nice to see the SFA remember about this rule that magically existed when we appealed the Porto one last season.

Like it or not it’s not 1980 and that challenge would be a red in any game in the world

😂😂😂😂 okay then.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    It’s not really. He gets the ball but he definitely followed through to get the player. Put it this way it would be fair enough if it was a 50/50 ball but he clearly had more chance of winning it probably more 70/30 and rather than being robust it absolutely dangerous/ reckless and endangering the opponent. Jail for me. Cant believe they had the brass neck to appeal it.
    He definitely didn’t follow through to get the player. He went to win the ball and yes his momentum takes him into the player. He in no way went to do him

He definitely didn’t follow through to get the player. He went to win the ball and yes his momentum takes him into the player. He in no way went to do him
    Thought he knew exactly what he was doing. Getting the ball when your studs end up that high up someone’s shin is an irrelevance these days.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Thought he knew exactly what he was doing. Getting the ball when your studs end up that high up someone’s shin is an irrelevance these days.
    That is absolutely nonsense and you can see that from his own reaction. The replays show he didn’t deliberately go in to injure the player. It’s a hard tackle I agree but this idea he wanted to do the boy is just lies.

Anyway people’s loyalties maybe getting in the way here so we’ll agree to disagree.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    But do him he did. He knew what he was doing. As I said he could have won the ball easily without the challenge he did make.

Good news for us in the run in (if we make top six). He's a huge player for them.

It’s 100% debatable whether it was a red or not, so to get an extra game ban for it being ‘frivolous’ is nonsense imo.

Also why is it a straight 2 match ban for the red?

That said, hopefully one of the games he misses is against us if we achieve top 6.

Very important player for them.
    Last edited by Unseen work; 18-04-2023 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    The contact being deliberate is not relevant. It was a daft appeal on their part
    I thought it had to be excessive force (which I don't think that was) to be a straight red or has that rule changed too?

That is absolutely nonsense and you can see that from his own reaction. The replays show he didn’t deliberately go in to injure the player. It’s a hard tackle I agree but this idea he wanted to do the boy is just lies.

Anyway people’s loyalties maybe getting in the way here so we’ll agree to disagree.
    The point you seem to be ignoring is that it makes no difference that he played the ball first. You can’t make a tackle like that now. That’s nothing to do with loyalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    It’s 100% debatable whether it was a red or not, so to get an extra game ban for it being ‘frivolous’ is nonsense imo.

Also why is it a straight 2 match ban for the red?

That said, hopefully one of the games he misses is against us if we achieve top 6.

Very important player for them.
    How is it a different type of challenge for instance to the Holt one in our game at home to Livi earlier in the season? If anything it’s worse. Holt got a red and the appeal failed. There was absolutely no chance of them winning the appeal on this and Aberdeen should’ve known that.

I thought it had to be excessive force (which I don't think that was) to be a straight red or has that rule changed too?
    Rule is as follows for serious foul play.

“A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play”

You could probably argue it was more reckless than serious foul play which is defined as “Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned” but I don’t think it was as I think he knew what he was doing. He was always favourite to win the ball and didn’t need to go in the way he did for me.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Shinnie got the ball, but he also deliberately took the guys shin.

Hes a thug, and got away with it for years (this is his first straight red, iirc !!)

Correct red, and laughable appeal - there was no other outcome than the additional ban.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    How is it a different type of challenge for instance to the Holt one in our game at home to Livi earlier in the season? If anything it’s worse. Holt got a red and the appeal failed. There was absolutely no chance of them winning the appeal on this and Aberdeen should’ve known that.
    Don’t get me wrong I never thought it would be overturned, but alot of people seem to disagree about it.

An match extra ban for appealing it seems harsh to me, even if I am delighted about it 🤣

I’m fair enjoying the seethe from the Stand Free brigade

Shame we aren’t a few points closer to put up a fight for 3rd

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    we need Aberdeen to keep picking up points to stop them getting third so shinnie would be a big miss for them.
    Eh? We need them to drop points for us to have a chance of catching them in 3rd.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I’m fair enjoying the seethe from the Stand Free brigade

Shame we aren’t a few points closer to put up a fight for 3rd
    A win for us on Saturday and defeat for them and it’s 4 in it, game on.

Testimonial Due
    https://www.afc.co.uk/2023/04/18/abe...ppeal-outcome/

Their statement is glorious, proper heids gone

Next match is Rangers so there was no chance it would be rescinded.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Shinnie got the ball, but he also deliberately took the guys shin.

Hes a thug, and got away with it for years (this is his first straight red, iirc !!)

Correct red, and laughable appeal - there was no other outcome than the additional ban.
    He has deliberately made sneaky dirty fouls for years and has known exactly what he was doing. Utterly amazing he got his first red card a couple of weeks ago as he’s got away with murder for years. Going by other red card decisions this year, it’s a red and it may just make other refs think about the way he fouls his way through games.

Shinnies got away with murder for years so glad it’s finally caught up with him. Get it up him and Aberdeen. It weakens them so only a good thing for us!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Shinnies got away with murder for years so glad it’s finally caught up with him. Get it up him and Aberdeen. It weakens them so only a good thing for us!
    Apparently his red card against St Johnstone a few weeks back was his first of the career which is incredible given the number of fouls he gives away and the constant abuse the gives refs