hibs.net Messageboard

Six things we learned from derby victory

Some interesting stuff on the derby . There is however a 7th . Hertz were s***e .
    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...m-hearts-win-1

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    One thing we’ve learned from that article… Johnson isn’t the only employee at the club that has the awful habit of using the players’ nicknames.

Think that was all a bit cringe worthy. We won 1-0 FFS

Personally I’d rather the club didn’t produce articles singing our own praises.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Agreed. It’s one step away from releasing the game on dvd ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough Svengali's Avatar
    1. Hearts are *****
    2. Hearts are *****
    3. Hearts are *****
    4. Hearts are *****
    5. Hearts are *****
    6. Hearts are *****

And oh…. Hearts are *****

Reads like a fan wrote that. Open bus parade next

"Saturday’s magnificent win over Hearts will be a game that lives long in the Hibs fans’ memories"

Why not milk it because it’s been a long time coming. I’m still on a high. Roll on next Saturday.

We learned that Hearts aren't actually as good as some people thought they were.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Reads like a fan wrote that. Open bus parade next

"Saturday’s magnificent win over Hearts will be a game that lives long in the Hibs fans’ memories"
    Exactly. Way OTT and quite pathetic. We should be beating those useless ***** every time we play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre Hibee View Post
    Why not milk it because it’s been a long time coming. I’m still on a high. Roll on next Saturday.
    Exactly . If it had been the other way round they'd be milking it for all its worth . I thought there was a few interesting points in it like the change in our play being more direct. We did play alot of long balls in behind them which seemed to work well probably cause there defensive players were slower maybe?

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    We should always be expecting to beat that lot at ER at the very least. Celebrate it absolutely but we shouldn't make out its a momentus achievement. Let's not give the manky Gorgie mob too much credit...

Don't see much wrong with the article at all, certainly not OTT or pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    We should always be expecting to beat that lot at ER at the very least. Celebrate it absolutely but we shouldn't make out its a momentus achievement. Let's not give the manky Gorgie mob too much credit...
    That's what the article is doing celebrating our win over them and pointing out a change in tactic's and how well some of our players had done , don't know how it's making it out to be a momentous achievement btw and what credit do you think they deserve for getting out played btw ?. While we only won 1-0 both manager , players and pundits said we should have scored more , we bossed that game . No harm enjoying and discussing it .

First Team Regular
    I find that a bit embarrassing to be honest. Hibs players being up for the derby and playing to the best of their abilities should be (but hasn’t been) the bare minimum acceptable.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    That's what the article is doing celebrating our win over them and pointing out a change in tactic's and how well some of our players had done , don't know how it's making it out to be a momentous achievement btw and what credit do you think they deserve for getting out played btw ?. While we only won 1-0 both manager , players and pundits said we should have scored more , we bossed that game . No harm enjoying and discussing it .
    Live long in the memory is hyperbole. Every derby win is special but it shouldn't be made as an against all odds victory. We absolutely should be beating that lot every season and every game at ER. We expect that, that's all. And no harm at all, we all loved it!
    Last edited by Baader; 17-04-2023 at 11:35 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Nothing at all wrong with the article.

Folk have been screaming for Hibs to adopt the same attitude to the derbies as hearts and this is part of that.

It's a massive game therefore it's a massive win and it's only right that we should be basking in it.

Or we could treat it as just another 3 points and not bother about adopting the right attitude to derbies after all.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

In general, I’m not the biggest fan of the recent direction of the club’s ‘brand’ voice, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that article. In fact, I quite like it. Diversifies the range of the club’s written content and hypes our players up a bit - something they deserve after the win. As for the sections about the fans and SOL, damn right the club should spotlight these moments. It’s what makes Hibs so special.

Whilst the website is primarily there to be used by fans, it’s worth keeping in mind that potential commercial partners, players and agents, journalists, and tourists will all be browsing it too. Pieces like this frame the club in a positive light and add some context for those who might not be so familiar.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Articles formatted like this are relatively common nowadays. Football365 does them (and has done for seasons now) after any big EPL game - usually a top 6 clash, or between two teams in the relegation mix. They usually do around 15 or 16 talking points or lessons though, and are written from a non-partisan perspective (notwithstanding the journalist's views on a specific player coming through at times).

When I first saw Hibs doing them I was happy enough. The F365 ones tend to make for a good read, I wouldn't expect the club ones not to be positive and on-message though. As has been said, for HFC these are promotional pieces fronting as journalism and actually that's absolutely fine, given it's on the official website.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    Agreed. It’s one step away from releasing the game on dvd ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When it comes out on dvd , please let me no pal , I do enjoy a goal against the jambos .

https://youtu.be/vvrBiPlfjZU

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

That was my initial thought

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with the article at all, can't say I'm shocked to read some "fans" on here moaning though

Read to the end - incredible tweet there about SoL and Arthur's Seat.

@hibs.net private member
    Can't see anything wrong with that. The heat map shows how high we pressed and how much time our defensive midfielders spent in Hearts half. The early cross and ball over the top were very evident at the game too and worked really well pining Hearts back and getting the crowd up. I can't see what is wrong with a Hibs website singing the praises of the team and support and given the length of time since we had a win at home against them it is worthy of celebrating. Hopefully, the wins become more frequent and normalised but that is not the case with this one

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Number seven, our fans often moan that we aren’t up for derbies like Hearts are and that we don’t show the same passion and commitment on the pitch as they do. When we highlight how we have put this right, they still moan.

how on earth did cadden's crossing make it in to that?