hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't have watched many Hearts teams if you thought that was the worst ever. You are just desperate not to give any praise so you can pile on the next time. No one with any awareness would suggest we are a good team however yesterday and a number of other games this season has shown we can be good and get better. You are right we do need to get DOF and recruitment sorted however I was happy for the manager and players the way we won on Saturday as we all as a club needed it.
    I've been a season ticket holder continuously for the best part of 40 years now, I've seen plenty of Hearts teams and that one was easily one of the worst.

Let me assure you that if I feel any need to "pile on the next time" I will crack on and do it regardless of whether or not I have given praise in this thread.

I thoroughly enjoyed the day and it was a real lift, but all the underlying and structural issues with our squad remain and my eyes are firmly set on the next transfer window. Given how close that window is - and that fact that other teams are already well into assessing and approaching their targets for that window - I am more than a little concerned that in the ongoing absence of a DoF the people overseeing our recruitment in the summer will very likely be the same people who ****ed it up so spectacularly in previous windows.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    You do seem to have been on a massive downer on Hibs for ages.

Big mistakes have been made on the football side during the Gordon family’s tenure so far, no doubt about that, but we can’t undo the past, only learn from it.

The picture isn’t all bleak.

You are correct, I have. That's because we have hugely and damagingly underperformed for ages. Learning from the past is what I am desperate for them to do. If we had eg not screwed up against struggling Dundee United we could now be sitting just 4 points behind third placed Aberdeen and that £5million worth European place.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    You are correct, I have. That's because we have hugely and damagingly underperformed for ages. Learning from the past is what I am desperate for them to do. If we had eg not screwed up against struggling Dundee United we could now be sitting just 4 points behind third placed Aberdeen and that £5million worth European place.
    Interestingly, in the ‘one of the worst hearts teams I’ve ever seen’ conversation, up in Dundee weekend before last was the worst Utd sides I’d ever seen,bar none, they were hopeless. Which made losing to them even harder to bear. But maybe the ‘fan of team a thinks that team b is the worst version of team b in team bs history’ paradigm is fatally flawed anyway and shouldn’t be used to judge team a? Principally because we don’t watch team b often enough to judge effectively?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

I enjoy your sense of humour on here more than I enjoy the furious rants (justified as they may be!) so here’s hoping the team has turned a corner!

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Can I remind folk of Gary Locke's 2012-2013 team for a recent memory of a worse Hearts team?
    Given what had happened at Hampden GL & Co followed it with a season of utter pish, partly of course because of belated punishment for being cheating bassas.
    I could also go back to the late seventies/early eighties to find Hearts teams who were consistently way worse than the current lot
    but I've often seen far worse since then.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The two worst Hearts teams in recent memory are the two that were relegated. They beat us home and away both seasons. The current Hearts team is a good one undergoing some poor form; let's not sell ourselves short.

When was the last time both teams were out of form going into the derby and we won? When was the last time we ended a four game losing streak against Hearts? I can't think of either.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    The two worst Hearts teams in recent memory are the two that were relegated. They beat us home and away both seasons. The current Hearts team is a good one undergoing some poor form; let's not sell ourselves short.

When was the last time both teams were out of form going into the derby and we won? When was the last time we ended a four game losing streak against Hearts? I can't think of either.

That was probably a poorer performance than I’ve watched poorer hearts teams put in - the two relegated sides probably put in better performances than that one - but there’s not a chance in hell this is one of the worst hearts teams I’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    Can I remind folk of Gary Locke's 2012-2013 team for a recent memory of a worse Hearts team?
    Given what had happened at Hampden GL & Co followed it with a season of utter pish, partly of course because of belated punishment for being cheating bassas.
    I could also go back to the late seventies/early eighties to find Hearts teams who were consistently way worse than the current lot
    but I've often seen far worse since then.
    Might be wrong but I think without the points deduction Locke's team would have finished above us that season.

The late 70s yo-yo era was their lowest ebb I'd say.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Might be wrong but I think without the points deduction Locke's team would have finished above us that season.

The late 70s yo-yo era was their lowest ebb I'd say.
    Hearts never got a deduction in 12/13. He took over towards the end of that season and they finished 10th, 7 points behind us in 7th.

In 13/14 they finished on 23 points after a 15 point deduction. We picked up 35 so they picked up 3 more points than us over the season. Locke was then binned/replaced by Neilson after that season.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

Whereas I'm wondering when the last time was that they were on a six game losing run. They were utter merde on Saturday.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Whereas I'm wondering when the last time was that they were on a six game losing run. They were utter merde on Saturday.
    2008. The six game losing run was part of a 9 game winless run which was ended by, you guessed it, a 1-0 win against Hibs.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post

That was probably a poorer performance than I’ve watched poorer hearts teams put in - the two relegated sides probably put in better performances than that one - but there’s not a chance in hell this is one of the worst hearts teams I’ve seen.
    Agree look at the money spent on them particularly on wages and the number of internationalists in their squad.