hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New ownership

Absolute nonsense

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't Leipzig and Salszburg have a work around for this? Sure we could get one also if they're buying a team that will possibly be in the champs league.

Crazy talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i just want us to consistently beat the Motherwell/Dundee UTD/Ross co/Livingstons of this league :(

please

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    Absolute nonsense

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
    To be fair, talk of the city group being interested hasn’t come out of nowhere. LJ was quoted as saying we were in talks with them about a partnership.

I think that’s all it is though, talk of buying us and competing for league titles is a result of people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 1,875.

I do think something could be brewing in the background but I also think LJ is a slaver and it could just be a couple of loan players.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i just want us to consistently beat the Motherwell/Dundee UTD/Ross co/Livingstons of this league :(

please
    We had that in a certain Mr Ross but it wasn’t enough.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    I remember saying at the time that these were the good times, but folk wanted more and wouldnt listen.

What about that right wing brexit fanboy Jim Ratcliffe ..... He is in the running for Man United, but he already has controle of Nice FC I think it is, he has sponsored a formula 1 team and owns a cycling team, formerly team SKY or something. Rumoured to have bid for Chelsea in the past.

If he doesn't get Man United perhaps a shot at ending the Ugly Sisters domination of Scottish football might appeal to him ..... the guy is absolutely minted and seems to like his toys.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 09-04-2023 at 09:45 PM.

Jack Ross made me bored going to ER. The cup final against St Johnstone was absolutely the most cowardly, safe and inept performance I have seen from a hibs side.

No part of me misses the Jack Ross years. For those that do they can console themselves with the 5 glorious years of JDH he left us with.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    A bit about the clubs they currently have shares in https://www.sportingnews.com/uk/socc...q7nzqs7sazxdcx
    Thanks for sharing that. I'm all onboard for getting involved in this.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

A bit about the clubs they currently have shares in https://www.sportingnews.com/uk/socc...q7nzqs7sazxdcx
    Didn’t know NYCFC were affiliated with the Y*nkees? Does this mean that CFG have a stake of some sort in the evil empire as well then?

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    What about that right wing brexit fanboy Jim Ratcliffe ..... He is in the running for Man United, but he already has controle of Nice FC I think it is, he has sponsored a formula 1 team and owns a cycling team, formerly team SKY or something. Rumoured to have bid for Chelsea in the past.

If he doesn't get Man United perhaps a shot at ending the Ugly Sisters domination of Scottish football might appeal to him ..... the guy is absolutely minted and seems to like his toys.
    Holidayed in Edinburgh once as a child, had an Irish Wolfhound, lobby of his mansion is painted apple green. Hates Rangers but as of yet doesnt know why. Minted he'll do.

He's a manchester guy with links to united growing up. He's not arsed about hibs in a tin pot league. Why would he be? He's not buying united anyway.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I like beer but I still won’t drink Carling. He’s never interested in Hibs, because the overall product of Scottish football is ****.

There’s only a few reasons to buy a club in Scotland, certainly one outside the Old Firm;

• You’re a fan, total emotional investment
    • You own bigger clubs in bigger leagues, having smaller ones you own to send players to is the in thing
    • You’re convinced there’s some way for the value of the club to greatly increase
    • Some sort of Mad Vlad money laundering exercise or just generally out of their depth

The first is the ideal, but very unlikely, given the likely lack of that sort of person.

The second is becoming common, but do the big EPL sides really want to send their quality prospects to Scotland? Certainly to us? Seems to me in that scenario it’d be more like our usual loan experience; the guys they know won’t make it at their level, but if they do well could be sold on to a Championship club etc.

The third one was Ron and, with all respect, I think he was wrong. There’s not some pot of money to be made or likely way to greatly ramp up the money coming into the game as a whole. Sure, if the coefficient holds up (a big if) we could maybe get semi regular European money, but it’s likely small beans for a rich guy / business. Likely needs to be a long term bet on some sort of unified European / British league coming about. So not likely.

Last one, well, Scotland has seen Vlad and others who were just out of their depth and ran clubs into the skids…

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    There’s only a few reasons to buy a club in Scotland, certainly one outside the Old Firm;

• You own bigger clubs in bigger leagues, having smaller ones you own to send players to is the in thing
    • You’re convinced there’s some way for the value of the club to greatly increase
    • Some sort of Mad Vlad money laundering exercise or just generally out of their depth

The first is the ideal, but very unlikely, given the likely lack of that sort of person.

The second is becoming common, but do the big EPL sides really want to send their quality prospects to Scotland? Certainly to us? Seems to me in that scenario it’d be more like our usual loan experience; the guys they know won’t make it at their level, but if they do well could be sold on to a Championship club etc.

The third one was Ron and, with all respect, I think he was wrong. There’s not some pot of money to be made or likely way to greatly ramp up the money coming into the game as a whole. Sure, if the coefficient holds up (a big if) we could maybe get semi regular European money, but it’s likely small beans for a rich guy / business. Likely needs to be a long term bet on some sort of unified European / British league coming about. So not likely.

Last one, well, Scotland has seen Vlad and others who were just out of their depth and ran clubs into the skids…
    You forgot vanity. Imagine being the billionaire that ended the monopoly the old firm have had on Scottish football for 40 years. Billionaires are vain and borderline sociopathic (you need to be to make that amount of money, it’s impossible without exploiting others but that’s a matter for the holy ground) so honestly I can see one giving it a go one day

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Jack Ross win % as Hibs manager:

v Motherwell = 38%
    v Ross County = 43%
    v Dun Utd = 63%
    v Livingston = 43%

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    You forgot vanity. Imagine being the billionaire that ended the monopoly the old firm have had on Scottish football for 40 years. Billionaires are vain and borderline sociopathic (you need to be to make that amount of money, it’s impossible without exploiting others but that’s a matter for the holy ground) so honestly I can see one giving it a go one day

Without at least a local connection I doubt anyone would care, certainly outside of Scotland.

Without at least a local connection I doubt anyone would care, certainly outside of Scotland.
    I mean maybe but the OF is a fixture watched worldwide and it’s well documented the stranglehold they have on our game. Would be a good bragging point on their yachts whilst whipping their servants

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    You'll never understand people having moral standards and understanding football isn't really as important as human rights?

I personally will never ever understand anyone who values a football team winning more than they do human rights. Real shame I'm in a minority.
    I’m not a fan of these city group / red bull setups but this just sounds a bit self righteous to me

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

only for some

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

please
    We did that with Jack Ross and the general consensus was that wasn’t exciting enough as someone has mentioned.

Honestly, I have not the foggiest what our strategy is going forward. We need football people in the positions that concern the footballing departments going forward, whoever that may be.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    If we become a sportswashing vehicle I'm off to support Dunfermline. Sorry.
    yup. Partick for me if that happens, until Hibs become fan owned. I'd honestly rather support a Hibs who know who they are and run by people who genuinely care about the club than a Hibs buying their way into competing with the OF whilst helping some horrible ersewipe look good.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    We did that with Jack Ross and the general consensus was that wasn’t exciting enough as someone has mentioned.
    No we didn’t, that’s revisionist nonsense. St Johnstone are also noticeable by their absence on the list of teams we supposedly beat consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Jack Ross win % as Hibs manager:

v Motherwell = 38%
    v Ross County = 43%
    v Dun Utd = 63%
    v Livingston = 43%

It’s not necessarily the win % against teams but also how much we lose.

Johnson’s team would be far higher if they had the ability to get a draw at times. Instead it’s a run of defeats which kills confidence of players and fans.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Crazy talk.

Not really. Someone else posted the link about multi club ownership rules not being as harsh, if its an easy work around can't see why it's an issue

Wow. I had no idea they were involved with so many clubs. I know it isn't breaking any rules, but owning/ having shares in that many clubs doesn't feel right somehow.

Left by mutual consent!

There's always the chance in the future of Scottish clubs being in the English system. With the crackdown on devolution from our overlords they'd love to further erode Scottish identity by doing this. A lot of our fans would gullibly love it as well. If you're a smart business man Edinburgh would be a great location for a Premier League club and potentially however unlikely it is could take your initial 10million investment and give you a return that would make a Tory donor blush.

Left by mutual consent!
    The money laundering angle I dont get. There's already some seriously dodgy people involved in Scottish football. Dermot Desmond has some iffy people he calls friends in Ireland. The Rangers directors box regularly features Stevie Malcolm, Bonzo Daniels and a whole heap of paramilitary loonies. Livingston are absolutely stinking and have been for years. One thing I'd say about STF and Rod was that they kept the more dodgy people away from the club.

Laundering money seems to be the new normal. Brexit is losing the UK billions, judging by the leaks surrounding government intervention in the Newcastle Utd deal due to the potential Saudi Investment in the wider economy then it looks like football is going to become the new cocaine. Cocaine was used for cashflow replacement in the trades and high street businesses post 08 due to the credit freeze with the government turning a bind eye.

Sometimes as ****ty as it is if you can't beat them then join them.

Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    Not really. Someone else posted the link about multi club ownership rules not being as harsh, if its an easy work around can't see why it's an issue
    My point was that nobody really would care about not getting in champions league so long as we won the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    The money laundering angle I dont get. There's already some seriously dodgy people involved in Scottish football. Dermot Desmond has some iffy people he calls friends in Ireland. The Rangers directors box regularly features Stevie Malcolm, Bonzo Daniels and a whole heap of paramilitary loonies. Livingston are absolutely stinking and have been for years. One thing I'd say about STF and Rod was that they kept the more dodgy people away from the club.

Laundering money seems to be the new normal. Brexit is losing the UK billions, judging by the leaks surrounding government intervention in the Newcastle Utd deal due to the potential Saudi Investment in the wider economy then it looks like football is going to become the new cocaine. Cocaine was used for cashflow replacement in the trades and high street businesses post 08 due to the credit freeze with the government turning a bind eye.

Sometimes as ****ty as it is if you can't beat them then join them.
    One of the more bonkers posts I’ve read on here for a while