hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Fixture changes

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Fixture changes

I see a couple of the last games pre split have been moved for TV
    Is it not just me, that the last pre split and last game after the split should be played at the same time?

https://spfl.co.uk/news/live-on-sky-sports-49086

2. Log in to remove the advert

Yes. That potentially gives Aberdeen an advantage and Hearts a disadvantage if they're battling for a place in the top 6 at the split.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see a couple of the last games pre split have been moved for TV
    Is it not just me, that the last pre split and last game after the split should be played at the same time?

https://spfl.co.uk/news/live-on-sky-sports-49086
    It’s a strange one as Hearts now only have one home fixture they can televise and they’re due to play us, Aberdeen and Celtic at home after the split. Ross county is a bit of a nothing fixture so seems a strange one to show at the expense of one of the other three.

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    It’s a strange one as Hearts now only have one home fixture they can televise and they’re due to play us, Aberdeen and Celtic at home after the split. Ross county is a bit of a nothing fixture so seems a strange one to show at the expense of one of the other three.
    Sky must be delighted they bumped the New Year derby there and can now show a run of the mill game against RC instead. They really are a shocking broadcaster.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Sky must be delighted they bumped the New Year derby there and can now show a run of the mill game against RC instead. They really are a shocking broadcaster.
    Yeah I agree.

It’s like they only want the Scottish rights to stop anybody else getting them who might actually try to promote our game.

There’s not masses of high profile games in Scotland so the ones we do have we should be shouting from the roof tops about.

Probably suits them more to drive down the interest in Scottish football so people follow English football more.

Tin foil hat at the ready.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Yeah I agree.

It’s like they only want the Scottish rights to stop anybody else getting them who might actually try to promote our game.

There’s not masses of high profile games in Scotland so the ones we do have we should be shouting from the roof tops about.

Probably suits them more to drive down the interest in Scottish football so people follow English football more.

Tin foil hat at the ready.
    Couldn't agree more absolutely pathetic. One of their execs openly boasted he wanted to ruin Scottish football after the setanta collapse. Looks like his work is being continued.

Is this not Hearts final game if only 4 per team. Rangers two Celtic one and this one.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Is this not Hearts final game if only 4 per team. Rangers two Celtic one and this one.
    Their game against the Huns on 1st February wasn't on Sky. Sky didn't show any games that midweek.

Bonkers decision to put their game with Ross County on TV.

They've got us, Aberdeen and Celtic post split, you'd imagine Sky would want at least one Edinburgh Derby from Tynecastle as part of their four game broadcasts from there, throw in that we could be fighting with them for 3rd place or at least battling for 4th then you'd assume that game would be a no-brainer.

Then you have Aberdeen going there, another club who could be fighting for 3rd or 4th, that's another fixture you'd assume would be a no-brainer for Sky to show.

Then you have the Celtic game, that could be the match they clinch the title, that's usually a game that is a lock in Sky's scheduled, they always show those title clinching games.

So I'm not really sure what the logic is with choosing the Ross County on matchday 33.

Someone was saying yesterday on Twitter it's like Sky might know something we don't already, like if the top six stays the same as it is then Hearts would likely go to Celtic Park for a 3rd time, even if that's the case, it would make even more sense if us and Aberdeen were their two last remaining broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post
    Bonkers decision to put their game with Ross County on TV.

They've got us, Aberdeen and Celtic post split, you'd imagine Sky would want at least one Edinburgh Derby from Tynecastle as part of their four game broadcasts from there, throw in that we could be fighting with them for 3rd place or at least battling for 4th then you'd assume that game would be a no-brainer.

Then you have Aberdeen going there, another club who could be fighting for 3rd or 4th, that's another fixture you'd assume would be a no-brainer for Sky to show.

Then you have the Celtic game, that could be the match they clinch the title, that's usually a game that is a lock in Sky's scheduled, they always show those title clinching games.

So I'm not really sure what the logic is with choosing the Ross County on matchday 33.

Someone was saying yesterday on Twitter it's like Sky might know something we don't already, like if the top six stays the same as it is then Hearts would likely go to Celtic Park for a 3rd time, even if that's the case, it would make even more sense if us and Aberdeen were their two last remaining broadcasts.
    The Sun saying this morning we may get Rangers at ER for a 3rd time?

Couldn't agree more absolutely pathetic. One of their execs openly boasted he wanted to ruin Scottish football after the setanta collapse. Looks like his work is being continued.
    It wasn't after the Setanta collapse, it was in 2001 when Roger Mitchell managed to screw up the £22.5m a year deal that was on the table when he went into negotiations bluffing about SPL TV.

I think at the time £22.5m a season was a 16th of the EPL deal at the time, if we got a 16th of the EPL TV deal today we'd be looking at just over £106m per year.

Would make sense to send them here on the final day of the season and send Hearts to Celtic Park.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Ugh, that's the last extra home game I could possibly want.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    if it was to annoy the Rangers fans then all for it.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member
    Week before Scottish Cup final, Sevco resting players if they make the final, us needing 3 points to secure European nights..... maybe not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    Their game against the Huns on 1st February wasn't on Sky. Sky didn't show any games that midweek.
    Ok forgot about that cheers

Would much prefer Aberdeen at home again assuming we get into top 6 of course

Would much prefer Aberdeen at home again assuming we get into top 6 of course
    I agree, but would be unfair on Aberdeen

I agree, but would be unfair on Aberdeen
    I could live with it.