hibs.net Messageboard

Hibs tactics at parkhead

Compared to the first meeting were we tried to have a go and defensively give them to much space i thought Hibs got the tactics spot on and while they had the vast majority of possession and shots which you'd expect them to have I felt we had done well keeping them at 0-0 for 52 minutes . Between the sending off and their penalty that I thought was soft there was a real improvement in tactic's compared to the first game though this is also down to having better players now too I suppose. I seen this article in the daily record and the photos show a big difference in our approach compared to the first game. Not a great article btw as none of the big decisions are mentioned .
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...s-lee-29496044

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Compared to the first meeting were we tried to have a go and defensively give them to much space i thought Hibs got the tactics spot on and while they had the vast majority of possession and shots which you'd expect them to have I felt we had done well keeping them at 0-0 for 52 minutes . Between the sending off and their penalty that I thought was soft there was a real improvement in tactic's compared to the first game though this is also down to having better players now too I suppose. I seen this article in the daily record and the photos show a big difference in our approach compared to the first game. Not a great article btw as none of the big decisions are mentioned .
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...s-lee-29496044
    Agree that is the way to play in Glasgow imo. Keep it tight fans get edgy and we have a goal threat. The game was set up perfectly at 1 nil to us for someone like Youan to be a real threat in the break unfortunately he wasn't on the pitch.

It's a hard watch playing like that but it's also necessary, even at home against both clubs we started we'll but we inevitably got picked off, that 6-1 at Parkhead earlier in the season was a horror show, the amount of space we afforded Hatate, Bernabei and Haksabanovic on the left was absurd, I can live with playing that way against both teams for 70 minutes if it gives us a fighting chance of taking something from these games, as long as we continue to be the more progressive side in other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post
    It's a hard watch playing like that but it's also necessary, even at home against both clubs we started we'll but we inevitably got picked off, that 6-1 at Parkhead earlier in the season was a horror show, the amount of space we afforded Hatate, Bernabei and Haksabanovic on the left was absurd, I can live with playing that way against both teams for 70 minutes if it gives us a fighting chance of taking something from these games, as long as we continue to be the more progressive side in other games.
    To be fair, the sending off skewed things a bit and never let us get up the park. We had a few decent bits of play prior to that when we did get the ball. Thought our shape was good and no doubt that’s the way we need play against the two of them going forward. I know you don’t get any prizes for it but we managed to last 90 minutes (by the time you account for the ridiculous amount of stoppage time first half) before we went behind having played over an hour of that with 10 men. Showed a bit resilience that I wasn’t sure we had.

Got our tactics spot on and almost worked. Who knows what would have happened with 11 men. You don't get points for "having a go" againt teams who's budget dwars ours. Got to be sensible and work out how to do it. We see countless teams doing it to us at Easter Road.

Its the way to go away from home against both Uglies. In all honestly such is the gulf now trying to be expansive against the quality of player they have is really just playing into their hands.

After a few 0 - 0 games at their places we can look forward to accusations of teams killing the game .... But after 37 years of their league domination and teams winning in Glasgow being as rare as hens teeth all the other clubs, not just Hibs, can justifiably make the case that it is not our job to turn up in Glasgow and provide entertaining games, especially when that 'entertainment' more often than not involves having anything between 3 and 6 goals put past your keeper.

I'm pretty sure any Hibs fans watching us get a 0 - 0 or 1 - 1 at Celtic park or Ibrox after nicking a goal with our only shot of the game would walk away from the game feeling vastly entertained

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree that is the way to play in Glasgow imo. Keep it tight fans get edgy and we have a goal threat. The game was set up perfectly at 1 nil to us for someone like Youan to be a real threat in the break unfortunately he wasn't on the pitch.
    Even though we got beat I was happy with the tactics and the performance of our team . Definitely the way to play in Glasgow , think LJ learnt from our first game and got our tactics spot on if it hadn't been for a terrible decision to send Youan off it might have been a interesting game .

We played a really high defensive line, you got a good view of that in the first half stuck in that corner. It worked so well that you never heard a cheep from the best fans in the world until their penalty. So a lot better from Johnson, allied to a great spirit and desire from the team.

More of the same in future please, the only thing we can’t legislate for in Weegieville is the ****ty decisions.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Our best recent performance at Celtic Park was in 2017/18, when we drew 2-2 with Rodgers treble winning team, and should have won. We were brave that day, took the game to them and our football was excellent. We were also the better team later that season when we lost 1-0 there

we had a much better team then than we do now and I agree that Saturday’s tactics were probably right. but it shouldn’t always be that way. You play the cards you’re dealt

The number of celtc fans I've seen moaning about the way we played tells me we did something right.

Also, how entitled must you be to think that teams should come out and play the way you want them to?!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser View Post
    The number of celtc fans I've seen moaning about the way we played tells me we did something right.

Also, how entitled must you be to think that teams should come out and play the way you want them to?!
    Very entitled, also very smelly and smug as well.

We played like Morocco at the world cup and had them sweating. There's zero point in playing Celtic at their own game.

They’re f’ing cretins tbh.

I’ve been getting grief off a few of them that we lay down to Rangers but gave them a tough game with 10 men.

The lengths that pair go to to try and make out that there is some sort of conspiracy against them is ridiculous.

The nonsense generated by VAR hasn’t helped matters.

its unbelievable isn’t it?! A man down for over 80 mins (inc stoppage time) and they expect us to go toe to toe and play like the Harlem globetrotters…

most of them are only saying that stuff about our tactics as a knee-jerk defensive reaction to us daring to question the ref and the red card. If we kept silent it would probably be the usual patronising pat on the head from them.

Their mask slips quickly. full of pish most of them

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I’ve been getting grief off a few of them that we lay down to Rangers but gave them a tough game with 10 men.

The lengths that pair go to to try and make out that there is some sort of conspiracy against them is ridiculous.

they’re not normal. Either set of supporters.

decade upon decade of venomous hatred and competing against only themselves for ever more hollow honours, combined with the pain, fear and obsessive jealousy when the other one happens to win something has destroyed their minds.

im not convinced any of them have the power of rational thought anymore. The pack mentality has taken over completely.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Lay down to Rangers jeezo it was 10 1 to Celtic in the previous two games.

Did Celtic fans complain when they beat Barcelona with two counter attack goals and 16% possession? No. Still go on about it to this day. They have a cheek. Utter morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    its unbelievable isn’t it?! A man down for over 80 mins (inc stoppage time) and they expect us to go toe to toe and play like the Harlem globetrotters…

most of them are only saying that stuff about our tactics as a knee-jerk defensive reaction to us daring to question the ref and the red card. If we kept silent it would probably be the usual patronising pat on the head from them.

Their mask slips quickly. full of pish most of them
    Saw the Harlem Globetrotters outdoors at Murrayfield. When they toured they brought their own team of patsies with them. Wish we had their results-only lost once and it was fixed beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Our best recent performance at Celtic Park was in 2017/18, when we drew 2-2 with Rodgers treble winning team, and should have won. We were brave that day, took the game to them and our football was excellent. We were also the better team later that season when we lost 1-0 there

we had a much better team then than we do now and I agree that Saturday’s tactics were probably right. but it shouldn’t always be that way. You play the cards you’re dealt
    Sadly being brave at parkhead now isn't the way to go now , we tried that in our first visit there and took a doing, our tactics were spot on this time untill the harsh sending off lost us our main counter attacking threat and probably forced us to set in abit deeper too .

This current Celtic team are imo far better than Rodgers treble winning team or O'Neil's team too and I wouldn't be against us playing like this at ER against them too . We frustrated the Celtic team and there fans for 52 minutes with ten men until they got a soft penalty and if the Celtic fans are still unhappy with the way we played ' GREAT ' means we are doing something right imo .

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Saw the Harlem Globetrotters outdoors at Murrayfield. When they toured they brought their own team of patsies with them. Wish we had their results-only lost once and it was fixed beforehand
    Saw Barcelona at Murrayfield

They didn’t need to bring their own patsies 😀

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Saw Barcelona at Murrayfield

They didn’t need to bring their own patsies
    I’m maybe missing something but what do you mean by patsies? No chance the Barcelona team or the Harlem globetrotter’s were sniffing ching at Murrayfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk