hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Worst song I ever heard played at Easter Road

Requiem for a Dream - Clint Mansell

I remember during Pat Fenlon's reign Requiem for a Dream got played before matches. This was just around the time that Noreagaaa and Achnar's conspiracy theory documentary The Arrivals was going viral on the internet to the sound of Clint Mansell's music. I do actually enjoy listening to Clint Mansell's music, but I did not think it was appropriate for a football atmosphere. I was also surprised to hear the song get played at Easter Road considering its association with The Arrivals.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember when Franck Sauzee was captain, and perhaps manager too, they played La Marseillaise before the games. I remember as a 9 year old being slightly confused when the announcer said "that was the French national anthem in honour of the captain" but it would have been the first time I ever heard that song.
    Then again, I was not as confused then as I was when I moved to Brisbane and the Brisbane Lions AFL song started up to exactly the same tune.
    This?

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieFitbaTeam View Post
    Roy Orbison. I think it was, "You Got It"

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    Interesting topic. Whenever I hear Texas ‘I don’t want a lover’ it reminds me of going to ER in my early days with my old man.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edina Street View Post
    I read in a Hibs book that a player ran around the Tynecastle pitch during the 7-0 singing jingle bells. Can't remember which player it was.
    Alex Mickey Edwards Hearts players complained to JP Gordon asking him to book him

Hibs spent most of the game trying to set up a goal for him

Aways on my mind

Just remembered another late 1980's song that used to get pumped out of the Easter Road tannoy. It was probably blaring out during the Hibs v Celtic tear gas game as the stadium filled up to almost crushing point due to the board's ridiculous decision to make the game pay at the gate.

Black Betty by Ram Jam. Got played a few times in the late 70's I recall it's rocky riffs echoing round a near empty Easter Road before some of our less attractive fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Black Betty by Ram Jam. Got played a few times in the late 70's I recall it's rocky riffs echoing round a near empty Easter Road before some of our less attractive fixtures

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Changing the subject slightly but who remembers Tynecastle in the 60s when the pre match entertainment was Scottish country dance music over the tannoy and the Salvation Army band?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Changing the subject slightly but who remembers Tynecastle in the 60s when the pre match entertainment was Scottish country dance music over the tannoy and the Salvation Army band?
    No doubt "My Heart's Desire" was one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    For some reason I ended up at Tynecastle for a game back in the late 70s ..... I'm pretty sure it was a 2nd division game against Kilmarnock and if I recall correctly Jim Jefferies broke his leg in that game. Anyway we were in the ground about 10 minutes before kick off and for near enough all of it the tannoy played some sort of Italian mandolin music .... even back then I thought it was bizarre, not to mention slightly depressing, no wonder Jambos are such a miserable lot