hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Loads of examples of fouls by them where he played advantage but doesn’t go back to book them. Of course when Cabraja made a foul he’s right back to get him booked.

Worst I’ve seen in a while
    Hanlon getting booked and Starfelt not, for similar things, was the most obvious example of applying different rules to different teams. Ridiculous.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    We may have to look at doing away with penalties. Maybe replace them with free kicks.

Doesn’t rid our game of cheating completely, but takes the easiest option for referees out the equation.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    Can't even appeal it, as it was a yellow

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
    This is the best course of action and would benefit our goal difference was too

Just speaking to a die hard Celtc Fan and he said that was one of the worst refereeing displays he's ever seen.

He was sitting in the stand behind the goals and said that everybody around him was dumbfounded with the 2nd penalty award, and thought the red card was idiotic

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Just speaking to a die hard Celtc Fan and he said that was one of the worst refereeing displays he's ever seen.

He was sitting in the stand behind the goals and said that everybody around him was dumbfounded with the 2nd penalty award, and thought the red card was idiotic
    It was definitely a penalty. So stupid and naive from one of our most experienced players.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Easy to say when you have just trousered 3 points.

Classic Celtic fan, imo.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    It was definitely a penalty. So stupid and naive from one of our most experienced players.
    Not for me. Very little in it then dive.

not a chance, their player hauls hanlon’s arm then throws himself to the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Does no-one else think, as I do, that their 2nd goal should have been disallowed for a yank on Campbell by Oh which allows Oh to get goalside of Campbell. More in that that the penalty they did get. Or is yanking on the pitch allowed these days - if you are a yanker of a ref who favours the OF?
    Also, aclear hand ball leading up to their 3rd.

I thought there was a clear pull at campbells jersey, you can see the collar being stretched backwards in the footage

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    not a chance, their player hauls hanlon’s arm then throws himself to the ground
    Not for me. Hanlon gets caught the wrong side and makes an arse of it. Just as much of a pen as ours was.

The red card, however…

I was referring to the penalty that was awarded then overturned by VAR.

I was referring to the penalty that was awarded then overturned by VAR.
    Apologies sir, in which case I agree

Not for me. Hanlon gets caught the wrong side and makes an arse of it. Just as much of a pen as ours was.

The red card, however…

Hanlon is between the ball and Carter-vickers, so not wrong side. C-V then pins hanlons arm between his own and his body, pulling hanlon, then with no law of physics applied to him, throws himself to the ground, giving a biased ref the opportunity he wanted to hand Celtic a penalty

watch the footage from behind the goal, it’s obvious it’s a total dive. Even the sportscene clowns think it’s a shocker

Apologies sir, in which case I agree

No problem,mate

TBH, I wasn't sure if I got them mixed up (first and second)

Hanlon is between the ball and Carter-vickers, so not wrong side. C-V then pins hanlons arm between his own and his body, pulling hanlon, then with no law of physics applied to him, throws himself to the ground, giving a biased ref the opportunity he wanted to hand Celtic a penalty

watch the footage from behind the goal, it’s obvious it’s a total dive. Even the sportscene clowns think it’s a shocker
    Thought it was poor defending from Hanlon and gave the ref the opportunity he was waiting for and Carter-Vickers the chance to buy it. He ends up more or less doing a complete 360 turn, isn’t looking at the ball and is behind Carter-Vickers. Was similar to to Porteous winning one against Scales earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Thought it was poor defending from Hanlon and gave the ref the opportunity he was waiting for and Carter-Vickers the chance to buy it. He ends up more or less doing a complete 360 turn, isn’t looking at the ball and is behind Carter-Vickers. Was similar to to Porteous winning one against Scales earlier in the season.
    don’t disagree about the ref and Carter-vickers, and whilst I think he could have done better, I do think it’s harsh to criticise hanlon too much when it’s cheating that’s been the key factor in them getting the penalty

Will Carter-Vickers get sued for plagiarism?
    Ryan Porteous surely patented that get close, grab, struggle, fall down penalty move.
    We woz done!
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 19-03-2023 at 04:45 PM.

'S' Form
    The SFA and SPFL need to be held to account as not only is the current referee standard damaging the current game it is driving people away from the game. My other half came the St Johnstone game in October (she is more interested in Egg chasing) and she was appalled not only at the standard of the refs but their attitude and behaviour towards the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentalbarnett View Post
    The SFA and SPFL need to be held to account as not only is the current referee standard damaging the current game it is driving people away from the game. My other half came the St Johnstone game in October (she is more interested in Egg chasing) and she was appalled not only at the standard of the refs but their attitude and behaviour towards the players.
    The clubs have the power to do that but won't. We can only guess why it's that way.