hibs.net Messageboard

Hibs.net Sponsors the Hibernian Girls Academy

The admin team at hibs.net are delighted to announce that we have made a donation of £16500 to the Hibernian Girls Academy and are the new principal sponsor of the Academy for 2023/24.

The donation will cover the costs of new playing kit for all the Academy teams, both regional and national performance, and for the 1st time will see all the girls playing in a uniform kit under a single sponsor. In addition the girls will get new training wear and our donation will also help with other ongoing costs.

Some of you may remember we sponsored the girls under 16 teams a few years back and it was always something we were keen to revisit. After meeting with Paul and Ayla from the Girls Academy and Community Foundation and the Girls Academy Manager we were struck by the challenged they described and their drive and enthusiasm to drive the Girls Academy forward. We saw the difference this donation would make and it was and easy to decision to proceed with it.

We would like to thank Paul and Ayla for being so opening and engaging with us. The really painted a picture of the difference this money would make. As always we would also like to extend our thanks to private members and finally to all the users of the site. It's your continued engagement and usage of the site that allows us to continue to make these donations to help our club.

More here:

https://twitter.com/HibsinCommunity/...53601971138562

2. Log in to remove the advert

PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Hope the girls go from strength to strength
    45 AND RISING

That's fantastic, thank you very much,my daughter plays for the under 14s,and is desperate for new training gear as she is growing so quickly,she will be delighted,though the proclaimers sponsored them last year which was quite a coup.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Don't take this the wrong way but... is that figure a typo or have you really donated £16,500 to the Girls Academy?

hibs.net must be in good financial health.

Quote Originally Posted by Groathillgrump View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't take this the wrong way but... is that figure a typo or have you really donated £16,500 to the Girls Academy?

hibs.net must be in good financial health.
    £16500 is the correct figure

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftpeg View Post
    That's fantastic, thank you very much,my daughter plays for the under 14s,and is desperate for new training gear as she is growing so quickly,she will be delighted,though the proclaimers sponsored them last year which was quite a coup.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Brilliant, hope she likes the kit

Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Coaching Staff
    Super

Women’s football is growing on a world level and will be on centre stage in July when the World Cup is played in Australia and Enzed.
    Last edited by Forza Fred; 17-03-2023 at 08:55 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Well done guys- my daughter plays for one of the teams and this support / backing from you is brilliant.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Great stuff!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by et_hibby View Post
    Well done guys- my daughter plays for one of the teams and this support / backing from you is brilliant.
    Delighted to get feedback like this. We were very impressed with the academy. The girls and coaches will hopefully feel much more part of the club in a universal kit.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post

brilliant to see this, fab that the forum are able to give this support and to a well deserving cause

didnt realise the girls don’t play in the same strips/style as the men’s (and possibly women’s) sides, the style of the jersey is different, although still Joma