hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because the youngsters who are the future of the sport are playing in meaningful competitors against senior players who are probably more Street wise.

I’d imagine it won’t just be the top 4, it will be any of the clubs that can field B teams. If Hibs don’t get into it, I think we will fall behind the clubs that do it.

Hearts are already ahead of us financially. If their youth sides also begin to stretch ahead then we may be in trouble.

We need to have the best youth system to compete going forward and the B team gives us that.

The B teams shouldn’t be allowed higher than say League 1 so you don’t have Celtic and rangers B team in the championship as their resources would probably allow them to get this high.

It might be a physical challenge, but technically? Look at the teams in the Lowland League now. Universities and Part-time teams - no disrespect intended but Celtic and Rangers are currently top of the Lowland league, so is that a challenge for them or a runabout?

Spain is an example of where the b-team system might be working, but the b-teams are playing in the second and third divisions. Are there any part-time teams in the Spanish third tier? I mean we had a part time team running it damn close to getting promoted last season. Just reading the press release and it says teams won't be allowed promotion above league 1, so they're stuck in league 1, playing against mostly part time outfits - Falkirk and Dunfermline are a bit of n anomaly this season.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Exactly. Who are our youths players playing against at the moment? Other youngsters.

This way, they play in meaningful competitions against more senior players.

Yes some clubs may loose out on some places, but it’s to the benefit kr scottish football as a whole and the sport in Scotland.

Just because it’s been implemented by the ugly sisters, everyone jumps on the bandwagon because it’s them.

Spain have B teams in the lower leagues and cup competitions and over the last 10 years their national team haven’t done too badly.

If I was a youngster at Hibs, I’d def be buzzing to be playing in proper leagues and the cups
    Good post. It’s to the benefit of the full time professional clubs and all the talented youngsters they have in their academies. I’d expect eventually the B clubs will be able to get up to league 1 level eventually once this has been established.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    It might be a physical challenge, but technically? Look at the teams in the Lowland League now. Universities and Part-time teams - no disrespect intended but Celtic and Rangers are currently top of the Lowland league, so is that a challenge for them or a runabout?

Spain is an example of where the b-team system might be working, but the b-teams are playing in the second and third divisions. Are there any part-time teams in the Spanish third tier? I mean we had a part time team running it damn close to getting promoted last season. Just reading the press release and it says teams won't be allowed promotion above league 1, so they're stuck in league 1, playing against mostly part time outfits - Falkirk and Dunfermline are a bit of n anomaly this season.

Their is still good footballers in these lower leagues and they are better than what people think.
    Do you believe the young lads would have it easy against Bonnyrigg Rose as an example? They would find it a difficult game against good experienced players.
    The fitness of the full time players should show but they definitely wouldn't find it easy

Exactly. Who are our youths players playing against at the moment? Other youngsters.

This way, they play in meaningful competitions against more senior players.

Yes some clubs may loose out on some places, but it’s to the benefit kr scottish football as a whole and the sport in Scotland.

Just because it’s been implemented by the ugly sisters, everyone jumps on the bandwagon because it’s them.

Spain have B teams in the lower leagues and cup competitions and over the last 10 years their national team haven’t done too badly.

If I was a youngster at Hibs, I’d def be buzzing to be playing in proper leagues and the cups
    Correlation doesn't equal causation.

Barcelona B was founded in 1970, Real Madrid's since 1930. Yet until the last 15 years Spain were perennial underachievers at international level

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Simple idea;

Change too flight to a league of 18, play eachother twice. This means the bigger clubs are able to give their young players more first team minutes against the “diddy” teams that get into the top league.

At the same time. Re-introduce the u21’s/reserve league to be played on Tuesday evenings.

Because the youngsters who are the future of the sport are playing in meaningful competitors against senior players who are probably more Street wise.

I’d imagine it won’t just be the top 4, it will be any of the clubs that can field B teams. If Hibs don’t get into it, I think we will fall behind the clubs that do it.

Hearts are already ahead of us financially. If their youth sides also begin to stretch ahead then we may be in trouble.

We need to have the best youth system to compete going forward and the B team gives us that.

The B teams shouldn’t be allowed higher than say League 1 so you don’t have Celtic and rangers B team in the championship as their resources would probably allow them to get this high.
    They get that by going on loan, plus they get to play alongside senior players too.

And what happens to the UEFA Youth League slot for league winners?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    They get that by going on loan, plus they get to play alongside senior players too.

And what happens to the UEFA Youth League slot for league winners?
    Yes go on loan and hardly get game time perhaps. Start off in under 18s , if good move to BTeam, if very good go on loan in Championship then it’s our 1st team. I can understand folks like the lower leagues and like to see low local teams do well. That’s great but there really needs to be a huge jump and fan base to get into SPFL and a full time professional set up. I’d have 3 x 16 with B teams in 3rd tier , eventually allowing 4 only into 2nd tier
    Last edited by chippy; 13-03-2023 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Yes go on loan and hardly get game time perhaps. Start off in under 18s , if good move to BTeam, if very good go on loan in Championship then it’s our 1st team. I can understand folks like the lower leagues and like to see low local teams do well. That’s great but there really needs to be a huge jump and fan base to get into SPFL and a full time professional set up. I’d have 3 x 16 with B teams in 3rd tier , eventually allowing 4 only into 2nd tier
    The fan base for Hibs B, those who actually go, will be very small. 266 the last time they played a senior outfit in the Challenge Cup.

If players are good enough they will be able to go on loan to lower leagues and get game time, there's 22 or 23 full time professional teams in Scotland. But a player can go on loan to an Edinburgh, a Dumbarton, and still be full time. Because they'll be training with us too.

The evidence for the establishing B teams in the pyramids is currently either speculatory or subjective. Whereas those who have been good enough to make it went through well-established routes, as I said earlier Ryan Porteous doesn't rate the B team argument.

These routes don't s*** on the other teams in the leagues, the ones who have earned their place through merit, and the ones lower down who have a history and community behind them and aspire to be a part of it.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King conrad View Post
    Their is still good footballers in these lower leagues and they are better than what people think.
    Do you believe the young lads would have it easy against Bonnyrigg Rose as an example? They would find it a difficult game against good experienced players.
    The fitness of the full time players should show but they definitely wouldn't find it easy

Good players at that level, competitive and hearts of lions, no question there. Difficult physically yes, is it going to improve them in a technical sense? I don't see how playing against opposition who technically we should be running rings round is going to help them improve.

Again, I'll concede that they will be playing seasoned players and that will give them an experience physically. But they should be a lot fitter and a lot better.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@officialslfl
    https://twitter.com/OfficialSLFL/sta...FmrAjS-Eg&s=19

We can confirm that members have voted in favour of including B teams for season 2023/24.

This vote comes following the Pyramid Review undertaken by the Scottish FA this season

No wonder people dont watch Scottish football.
    SFA bullying the little guys to do the bidding of certain clubs

Coaching Staff
    Only comment I’d make is that Rangers and Celtic aren’t supporting this proposal for the benefit of Scottish football as a whole.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    So basically allow the bigger teams the opportunity to monetise more when they poach any potential talent from the smaller teams, consolidating their already significant advantage and help guarantee the status quo? Sweet!

Love that boy's tweet that if B teams want to be part of it, they should be made to join at the bottom of the pyramid and work their way up. Fully agree with that.

@hibs.net private member
    From a purely Hibs point of view this might be a good way to develop players. It is also a risk allowing the four named teams to take part leaving us out, perhaps permanently. However, for Scottish football it is idiotic. If it is separate then make it separate and don't have an avenue of promotion from it. You could finish 5th and get put into the main leagues which makes it two leagues in the space of one. I can't understand why we don't just have a reserve league limited by age/nationality with 2 or 3 players allowed to be overage to get first team players back to fitness or kept match sharp. Invite all teams to take part across all the leagues and decide on a structure when you see the numbers.

https://twitter.com/BlackburnUnited/...856911360?s=19

And has the league sponsor not the Douglas park guy?

If we’re going to do B Teams then why trap them in a semi pro league? Is it anything like the standard required? Are Rangers and Celtic using them for talented youngsters or just keeping squad players fit?

If it’s going to be a thing, then any team that wants them should be allowed them and they should be allowed to work their way up the leagues like they do in say Spain.

Or alternatively, bring back a reserve league?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Whats so wrong with a reserve team/league?
    Why did it get scrapped initially? Afaik because many clubs just had their youngsters in the reserves

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    From a purely Hibs point of view this might be a good way to develop players. It is also a risk allowing the four named teams to take part leaving us out, perhaps permanently. However, for Scottish football it is idiotic. If it is separate then make it separate and don't have an avenue of promotion from it. You could finish 5th and get put into the main leagues which makes it two leagues in the space of one. I can't understand why we don't just have a reserve league limited by age/nationality with 2 or 3 players allowed to be overage to get first team players back to fitness or kept match sharp. Invite all teams to take part across all the leagues and decide on a structure when you see the numbers.
    Frankly I think this is simply the beginning of this project. Hibs will be stupid not to join. Over time the B teams will be allowed into League 2 , then league 1. It might stop there but I can also foresee League expansion alongside this and the pyramid kicked into touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Only comment I’d make is that Rangers and Celtic aren’t supporting this proposal for the benefit of Scottish football as a whole.
    The whole concept of B teams in Scottish Football is just to make sure there'll always be a Celtic and Rangers playing here if the time ever comes that they'll be accepted into another league, the SFA will lift the ban on them being promoted and there'll be a version of them in our top flight as well as the original versions in a new League.

Said that in a very matter of fact way there, obviously it's just my opinion but I've believed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post
    The whole concept of B teams in Scottish Football is just to make sure there'll always be a Celtic and Rangers playing here if the time ever comes that they'll be accepted into another league, the SFA will lift the ban on them being promoted and there'll be a version of them in our top flight as well as the original versions in a new League.

Said that in a very matter of fact way there, obviously it's just my opinion but I've believed this.
    Spot on. They’ve got their feet on the ladder so in time they’ll be allowed to be promoted up the divisions. This was the plan Rod Petrie outlined at a fans forum a few years ago. Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post

Would that scenario be allowed? I'm pretty certain that wouldn't be permitted under Uefa rules.

Is this organisation fit to run the league when they threaten to plop a brand new league between the lowland league and league 2 with four B teams in it.
    What is actually going on?