hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Goalkeeper

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think it means totally untried but rather someone working their way through the loan cycle at a big club.

I'd point to someone like Nathan Baxter at Hull on loan from Chelsea. He's done the Southern League to National league to Scottish Premiership (Ross County) to League One and then to Championship.

By the time he arrived at County he had played over 100 games albeit at a fairly low level. If we can get someone on that kind of journey then it arguably makes more sense than shelling out a lot of money on someone who may be little more than a block to promoting one of our own in a years time.
    I’ve been quite enjoying being a sad ******* and working my way through transfermarkt looking at keepers who may fit the bill. Few possibilities so far listed below:-

Arthur Okonkwo- mentioned him earlier but don’t care, saying his name again. Had a howler against us in pre-season but had a couple of good loan spells since then, just recently won the Austrian cup with Sturm Graz.

Nicky Hogarth- Scottish under 21 international, impressed on loan at Falkirk in the first half of the season apparently, don’t know if that’s true or not, read it on Twitter so I assume so. Just left Nottingham Forest today.

Nathan Bishop- Young Man Utd goalie, done well out on loan, never going to play first team at Man Utd. Fish having a good loan with us may work in our favour.

Got a bit bored looking after that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Marshall started to go off a bit after he was put into the back of the net at Ross County.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Fair point, it's open to interpretation for sure.
    Which part of what Shelley has said are you interpreting as "Marciano has reached out to Hibs"?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    See Remi Matthew’s is leaving St Johnstone to go back to his parent club, Crystal Palace.

I’ve never really noticed him but St Johnstone fans on Twitter appear to love him. No chance of him playing for Crystal Palace and would be a cheap, experienced option, without being too old.

Anybody know if he’s any good or likely to be one we would be interested in?

Marsh was very comfortable yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    See Remi Matthew’s is leaving St Johnstone to go back to his parent club, Crystal Palace.

I’ve never really noticed him but St Johnstone fans on Twitter appear to love him. No chance of him playing for Crystal Palace and would be a cheap, experienced option, without being too old.

Anybody know if he’s any good or likely to be one we would be interested in?
    LJ had him at Sunderland but I think Matthews made quite a few mistakes during that time so unsure how keen he’d be to bring him here

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Marsh was very comfortable yesterday.
    Besides one save he pushed right to Abada, he was fine yesterday. Don't think even a motm performance vs Hearts would change my mind tho, he's too far gone

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    Besides one save he pushed right to Abada, he was fine yesterday. Don't think even a motm performance vs Hearts would change my mind tho, he's too far gone
    Without sounding overly negative I’d also argue he didn’t have anything to do that I wouldn’t expect a competent keeper to manage.

Had no chance with the goals and had a couple of decent saves but saves you’d be disappointed if he didn’t make. You can’t ask for much more than that from him but it wasn’t a performance to make you change opinion on him.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Which part of what Shelley has said are you interpreting as "Marciano has reached out to Hibs"?
    Really?

She said "we never heard from Hibs"

That could mean Marciano enquired and never heard back. Or it could just mean they never got a call from Hibs. Either are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Really?

She said "we never heard from Hibs"

That could mean Marciano enquired and never heard back. Or it could just mean they never got a call from Hibs. Either are possible.
    So why did you say "Marciano has reached out to Hibs" if he maybe did or he maybe didn't?

So why did you say "Marciano has reached out to Hibs" if he maybe did or he maybe didn't?
    Was that not a direct quote from the tweet? I'm assuming it's from the tweet as the boy who messaged her tweeted something along those lines and assumed it was from there.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Because thats what the tweet said as Cameron pointed out. Then I said fair enough it could be interpreted either way

No need to get so excited pal ��
    Last edited by LaMotta; 25-05-2023 at 07:33 PM.

Thought he was slow down to the ball for their goal again today.

Not sure he's saved a shot on target by a hearts player when he's been our keeper.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Not sure he's saved a shot on target by a hearts player when he's been our keeper.
    Definitely made some saves in the first derby at ER to keep us in the game after HT.

I thought he was a bit slow going down today as well, but maybe unsighted until late.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

I thought he should have saved it, but wondered if I was being harsh. Not exactly a howler, but another saveable effort that’s ended up in our net.

@hibs.net private member
    The better goalies in our league don’t let that one in imo.

Not a howler but should do better.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    I thought he should have saved it, but wondered if I was being harsh. Not exactly a howler, but another saveable effort that’s ended up in our net.
    I would blame Youan far more than Marshall for their goal. His positioning was appalling. I think Marsh was unsighted and it came through Lewis' legs and possibly Newells too. He has been at fault for a few but not sure I would blame him much for that one

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I would blame Youan far more than Marshall for their goal. His positioning was appalling. I think Marsh was unsighted and it came through Lewis' legs and possibly Newells too. He has been at fault for a few but not sure I would blame him much for that one
    Youann switched off, definitely.

Personally didn't think newell needed to put the balm out for a throw in, in the first place. Had easy passes on.

Marshall must have seen him hit it though and there was only one place it was going. Not an outright howler, but should've done better.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I would only blame the keeper outright if the rest of the players were blameless. The Hearts boy was first to the second ball and that gave him the opportunity.

I'm as big a critic of Marshall as anyone but I'm not blaming him for that.

A well struck shot with a decent amount of power behind it. Low and came through bodies meaning he both saw it late and couldn't react to it until it had cleared that crowd. Very harsh to point the finger at him for that one.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Coaching Staff

A well struck shot with a decent amount of power behind it. Low and came through bodies meaning he both saw it late and couldn't react to it until it had cleared that crowd. Very harsh to point the finger at him for that one.
    Well said

It wasn't a shocker, but a good keeper saves that

I'm not convinced it had that much power on it and although it went through players, I think it was at least 6 yards if not, 8 yards out before he could see it.

Where else was it going when he hit it?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Don't think he had a chance of it.

No fault for the goal yesterday IMO. I was right behind it and it came through a lot of bodies, he’d have seen it really late and it was a pretty clean strike.

Youan the one to blame for sleeping and letting Oda on to the second ball.