hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sign fish.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve just gone back over the This is How it Feels threads that jonnyboy puts together. With the exception of the Dundee Utd game, where he admittedly had a difficult time from Fletcher (a striker I’ve always admired for years since he was a young laddie with us), he was getting plaudits from almost everyone for all the other games, Hearts in the cup when he got injured, Mortherwell ‘an excellent performance’ ‘solid throughout’, Ross County too. There was even a thread on him after the Celtic game praising him specifically, ‘totally exempt from any wider criticism’ and lots of player of the season chat from multiple posters. In fact the only person in that two page thread to say you weren’t convinced by him was you.
    As I said. I know my opinion is unpopular.

Nonetheless, I’m quite happy with the improvement in us defensively without him. As I’ve said, I just don’t get the player of the season chat. We lost a lot of goals in those games you mention and I just don’t think any centre half can be totally exempt from that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Aerials won per 90:
    Hanlon 4.6 (72%)
    Fish 3.8 (73%)
    Porto 3.2 (62%)
    Rocky 2.8 (70%)

Interceptions per 90:
    Fish 1.7
    Rocky 1.5
    Porto 1.0
    Hanlon 0.8

Clearances per 90:
    Fish 6.7
    Hanlon 4.7
    Porto 3.7
    Rocky 3.2

Shots blocked per 90:
    Fish 0.9
    Rocky 0.7
    Porto 0.5
    Hanlon 0.5

Fouls conceded per 90:
    Fish 0.3
    Porto 0.7
    Hanlon 1.0
    Rocky 1.2
    Fish Saturday from now on😳😎

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    As I said. I know my opinion is unpopular.

Nonetheless, I’m quite happy with the improvement in us defensively without him. As I’ve said, I just don’t get the player of the season chat.
    Yeah you’ve said. And you keep saying it. It’s interesting looking through old threads and seeing how consistent certain people are in their opinions of a player.

Just because the majority disagree with you doesn’t make you wrong of course.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 19-02-2023 at 09:14 AM.

I reckon any defensive improvement is about what is happening just in front of them rather than one CB vs another.

Just watching the games, Rocky has looked our most impressive Cb this season. I can never get my head around how our poorer results come when he’s in the team and the whole defensive unit looks weaker.

When Rocky’s been available we’ve spent more time experimenting with things like 3 at the back and Porto in midfield.

I’m sure Rocky would do just fine paired with a fit Hanlon, behind Jeggo and another competent deep midfielder. And, dare I say it, against the weaker opposition Fish has come up against so far. We’re yet to see him excel against Celtic, Rangers or Hearts.

Quite a few variables at play.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    Fish Saturday from now on😳😎
    Have we got any Friday fixtures coming up? Has Fish had a finger injury recently? I know we’ve had a very laudable ‘Fish Nets’ line on here recently but the possibilities are endless really

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I reckon any defensive improvement is about what is happening just in front of them rather than one CB vs another.

Just watching the games, Rocky has looked our most impressive Cb this season. I can never get my head around how our poorer results come when he’s in the team and the whole defensive unit looks weaker.

When Rocky’s been available we’ve spent more time experimenting with things like 3 at the back and Porto in midfield.

I’m sure Rocky would do just fine paired with a fit Hanlon, behind Jeggo and another competent deep midfielder. And, dare I say it, against the weaker opposition Fish has come up against so far. We’re yet to see him excel against Celtic, Rangers or Hearts.

Quite a few variables at play.
    Jeggo coming in, Campbell being allowed to stretch his legs, Porto’s departure, CJ being outed as an undercover CDM, Johnson getting to grips with the demands of the league… lots of variables affecting how we defend as a team.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The bit about Rocky being dominant before his injury is where I totally disagree.

The game he got injured we lost 3. Before that it was 2, 2, 3, 4,3. You don’t lose goals at that rate with a centre half dominating. The only clean sheet in that period was against Livingston’s ten men. The stats posted above, re Fish, are those of someone who is dominating.

Now I’m not pinning all our defensive issues on Rocky, none of them have been consistently good this season. But it’s no coincidence to me that we’ve been better minus him this season (we’ve only lost 7 goals in the 12 league games he’s not appeared in).

I know it seems to be an unpopular view but I just totally disagree that he’s a very good player and I feel we are more settled defensively without him.
    Good points and hard to disagree given our recent record. Difference could well be Fish/Hanlon have Jeggo in front of them. Rocky has definitely improved but I wouldn’t say he’s been any better than what we’ve seen of Fish in his spell in the team. Can’t say Porteous has been missed either.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Yeah you’ve said. And you keep saying it. It’s interesting looking through old threads and seeing how consistent certain people are in their opinions of a player.

Just because the majority of you disagree with you doesn’t make you wrong of course.
    I’ve never seen much in Rocky to significantly change my opinion on him so my posting probably reflects that. I’ll concede he improved on last season, not to the extent suggested elsewhere for me though. Personally I’ll just call what I see (or at least I think I do). Campbell would be the obvious example. I wouldn’t have had him as part of the squad going on to this season, never mind being one of our main players as he is now, but he’s changed my opinion massively now. If I watched Rocky and saw that same level of improvement I’d like to think I’d say so as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Good points and hard to disagree given our recent record. Difference could well be Fish/Hanlon have Jeggo in front of them. Rocky has definitely improved but I wouldn’t say he’s been any better than what we’ve seen of Fish in his spell in the team. Can’t say Porteous has been missed either.
    Agree on the last point with Porteous, based on the way he was playing. I always felt he was much better than that form but it’s undeniable we’ve been better without him. Big test coming up in the next three games to see how much improvement there really has been.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Rocky is a good one on one defender but Fish appears to read the game very well and it’s no coincidence he keeps popping up in the right areas to get a header or block in. Possibly the difference of being trained at elite youth level and not.

Jeggo clearly makes a difference as well but it’s how much more comfortable with crosses coming into the box we look than previously that gives me more confidence just now.

As pointed out though it’ll be interesting to see if this carries into the games against the OF and Livi.

I don’t think we have any chance of signing Fish permanently at the moment but there wouldn’t be any harm in asking the question if he can come on loan again for another season.

Our only chance of extending loans for Fish, CJ and others is to qualify for Europe IMHO, they will all benefit from that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by James70 View Post
    Our only chance of extending loans for Fish, CJ and others is to qualify for Europe IMHO, they will all benefit from that experience.
    Burnley almost certain to be back in the Premier League next year so CJ not going back there to play when he couldn’t get a game in The Championship. Probably a case of whether they are happy to loan him back up here or want him playing in The Championship down there. Agree European football gives us a better chance.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Met him in Grand Cru last night and told him he needs to stay. I think he will be back to United…haha

Thought that said single fish, must be lunch time

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Anyone proposed a song for him yet?

To the tun of go west.

Will fish
    He's our centre half
    Will fish
    He ****ing hates the hearts
    Will fish
    He loves to score a goal
    Will fish
    Hear the Hibees roar

Continue initiate.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Anyone proposed a song for him yet?

To the tun of go west.

Will fish
    He's our centre half
    Will fish
    He ****ing hates the hearts
    Will fish
    He loves to score a goal
    Will fish
    Hear the Hibees roar

Continue initiate.
    Will Fish's on fryer, your defence are carping themselves.

He's certainly impressed the last while , looks a very good centre half imo , would love to see him at Hibs next year , wonder if there's a possibility of it happening?.
    https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/t...nsfer-26431184

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    He's certainly impressed the last while , looks a very good centre half imo , would love to see him at Hibs next year , wonder if there's a possibility of it happening?.
    https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/t...nsfer-26431184

No chance im afraid to say. He will be on minimum 12-15 grand a week at Man Utd. After doing well here he will end up at a championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    No chance im afraid to say. He will be on minimum 12-15 grand a week at Man Utd. After doing well here he will end up at a championship team.
    I honestly don't know what will fish is getting a week at man Utd though would be surprised if it was as much as that for a youth player , didn't Dundee Utd not get Levitt from man U ? , maybe Man U will want to trim there squad. Will fish was at Stockport and recalled so might be a possibility he wouldn't be a target for championship clubs , purely guesswork on my part there .
    https://www.unitedinfocus.com/news/h...rmanent-basis/

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar

Sign fish.

He will be on at least £5k per week at United

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fishy story I think 😆 .£ 190,OOO a week Maguire's on 😂😂😂.
    https://www.footballfancast.com/manc...remier-league/