hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

English Premiership Tickets

Anybody here have much experience or joy getting tickets for a Premiership game down south, ideally Newcastle, Man City, Man Utd or Liverpool?

Hoping to get to a game late April/May time but proving to be a ball ache getting tickets.

Anyone with memberships or contacts at these clubs, any help would be much appreciated as it’s for my boys birthday present.

Cheers

2. Log in to remove the advert

Newcastle used to be fairly easy but not now.

I let my membership lapse at the end of last season and apparently new applications aren't currently being accepted.

There is an active Scottish Mags supporters club who have a group on Facebook. There's often requests and offers of tickets in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I let my membership lapse at the end of last season and apparently new applications aren't currently being accepted.

There is an active Scottish Mags supporters club who have a group on Facebook. There's often requests and offers of tickets in there.
    Is there? Cheers.

Just need to find someone with Facebook now 😂

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Anybody here have much experience or joy getting tickets for a Premiership game down south, ideally Newcastle, Man City, Man Utd or Liverpool?

Hoping to get to a game late April/May time but proving to be a ball ache getting tickets.

Anyone with memberships or contacts at these clubs, any help would be much appreciated as it’s for my boys birthday present.

Cheers
    auld reekie reds for liverpool.

Man City should be no problem!!

@hibs.net private member
    I took my son to a Man U game a few seasons ago (happily they lost) but we both had sign up to an annual supporters package before we could buy tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I enquired about their membership recently and they advised its about a 5 year waiting list for adults, the kids is still open, or was a month or so ago.

Cheers
    I’m going down to Old Trafford this weekend. We usually go down 2 or 3 times a season. You need a membership to get tickets. Tickets are released about a week after the fixtures are announced pre season so you have to get on early, it’s a bit like the ticket scramble for a derby at Tynecastle.

They do release some tickets throughout the season a few weeks before each match, these are usually spare seats in the hospitality areas without the hospitality, I’ve had these a few times. When these seats are announced you still need to have a membership to buy them. I’m sure I saw a message a while ago saying all memberships were now sold out for this season.

When I first started going it was cup games I was able to get easier that Prem. Midweek games are also easier but that may not be any good for you.

Man City pretty easy for games involving medium to smaller sized opposition. Can be bought as part of general sale often

Man city you have to become a "cityzen" which is about £30. Gets you on their database, you get a welcome pack and money off tickets. I've tried to get tickets for the Leicester game in April and only single seats left. You might get lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Man city you have to become a "cityzen" which is about £30. Gets you on their database, you get a welcome pack and money off tickets. I've tried to get tickets for the Leicester game in April and only single seats left. You might get lucky
    Yeah, they were my first choice as I saw you could get tickets for them. It was the weekend of the Leeds game ideally we are wanting but I think that’s their equivalent of a cat A game so you need buying history from them to get tickets for it. I spoke to the ticket office at City today and he said we had no chance for the rest of the season unless we get lucky with returns which he said is unlikely from April onwards.

Don’t want to buy a membership on the off chance we might just get lucky

If you’ve got Sky, and had it for a while, sign on to you Sky VIP. Lots of comps and ballots including plenty English fixtures.

Far from a guarantee but worth entering. I’ve won show tickets shortly after entering stuff for first time, and my mate has got various things from it too.

@hibs.net private member

Cheers
    Man U has an Edinburgh Supporters Branch......Edinburgh Reds. The chairman is a guy called Peter Wood.

The branch membership is £15 per annum and a lot of branch members have season tickets which they don't always use especially midweek games.

See the website for details at edinburghreds.co.uk

The bus picks up and drops off at Hillend ski slope. I've been a few times and its really well organised

Went to Crystal Palace v Man City a few years ago. Had to join the Palace members club which I think was for "remote members". After that you could buy tickets easily.

Really enjoyable game at an old stadium basedright in the middle of a housing estate. Palace won 2-1 which made for a great atmosphere.

some seem to just be impossible to get tickets for.

As above, We got man City tickets easily.

We used a website called Fanpass to get tickets for Arsenal on the last day of the season. I was a bit stressed and worried about it, but it worked fine

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    I've got a membership at Spurs so can get tickets for them - had to buy memberships for me and my son before we could get any match tickets.
    Would highly recommend a visit to the Spurs stadium
    Last edited by Benny Brazil; 03-02-2023 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    I've got a membership at Spurs so can get tickets for them - had to buy memberships for me and my son before we could get any match tickets.
    I agree spurs ground is excellent.

One of the best I have ever been to. Transport links poor though.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post

Yes nightmare to get away from after the game, queued for ages at the train station last time I was there in October for the Champions League game

Testimonial Due
    I've used FB many times to get away tickets for Spurs , not managed to get the new stadium , fingers crossed soon COYS

Probably the biggest mismatch in terms of quality of stadium Vs quality of team.

The stadium is incredible.......

Left by mutual consent!
    Was there for the Fury fight recently and fitted in a stadium tour. Probably the best stadium I've been to. No wonder they are the biggest club in North London.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHFC View Post
    Was there for the Fury fight recently and fitted in a stadium tour. Probably the best stadium I've been to. No wonder they are the biggest club in North London.
    Arsenal stadium is excellent too to be fair.
    Cougars!!!

Best stadium in England is Villa Park, proper football ground. New spurs ground is state of the art don’t get me wrong but it’s like an NFL ground, not for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

I've heard a tour round the trophy room is the best in the UK tae

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    I've heard a tour round the trophy room is the best in the UK tae
    Certainly the quickest

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post

Just get off the Tube at Seven Sisters on the Victoria line from Kings Cross.

Almost impossible to get tickets for Arsenal. Need to be a silver member and there is a waiting list to become one.

Lewis Stevenson has more trophies than Spurs this century.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Just get off the Tube at Seven Sisters on the Victoria line from Kings Cross.

Almost impossible to get tickets for Arsenal. Need to be a silver member and there is a waiting list to become one.
    Glad I searched on here and found this. I was about to sign up for the Red membership to try and get tickets for their opening day match against Forest.

We are in London on the opening weekend and our options are: Arsenal vs Forest, Brentford vs Spurs and Chelsea vs Liverpool. We are assuming Chelsea vs Liverpool will be a no-go ticket wise (plus it clashes with a theatre show we have booked). Brentford's stadium is smaller than half of the SPFL Premiership grounds, so again I think that will be a no-go. Are there any re-sale sites that people would recommend?

We're off to Barcelona and the surrounding area for a week and a half the next day, so maybe we will be lucky for one of the teams in that area.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Glad I searched on here and found this. I was about to sign up for the Red membership to try and get tickets for their opening day match against Forest.

We are in London on the opening weekend and our options are: Arsenal vs Forest, Brentford vs Spurs and Chelsea vs Liverpool. We are assuming Chelsea vs Liverpool will be a no-go ticket wise (plus it clashes with a theatre show we have booked). Brentford's stadium is smaller than half of the SPFL Premiership grounds, so again I think that will be a no-go. Are there any re-sale sites that people would recommend?

We're off to Barcelona and the surrounding area for a week and a half the next day, so maybe we will be lucky for one of the teams in that area.
    EFL fixtures released on the 22nd. Could go and watch Kev at Millwall if they are at home. Ive always enjoyed visits the Brisbane Road to watch Orient. Decent club bit oldy worldly charm about it with fans a bit old school.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    EFL fixtures released on the 22nd. Could go and watch Kev at Millwall if they are at home. Ive always enjoyed visits the Brisbane Road to watch Orient. Decent club bit oldy worldly charm about it with fans a bit old school.
    And they are. Think we are going to do this... might actually do hospitality as it seems not too bad for a Category B match which the equivalent fixture last year was. We have a show booked for that night and the transport options seem decent as well. My wife is totally up for this as soon as I said Millwall were at home as she think Nisbet is 'hot'. I should point out she is actually a football fan and not just into it for perving on the players