hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rather just get Gunnarson in the door if possible.
    ive seen him mentioned but has anyone actually seen anything of from in the last 6/7 years?

he was decent when he was here in 2016 but nothing amazing - he wasn't even a guarenteed starter

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Both back in training.

Attachment 26431Attachment 26432

Good

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    ive seen him mentioned but has anyone actually seen anything of from in the last 6/7 years?

he was decent when he was here in 2016 but nothing amazing - he wasn't even a guarenteed starter
    He's played plenty at a decent level. Devlin has been injured for 6/7 years.

Do remember Devlin being good before his injuries though, just can't see someone with such an extensive injury list suddenly get over it.

Rather just get Gunnarson in the door if possible.
    Gunnarsson? Ex Hibs? What is the fascination we have with former players?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Do you know that Hibs didn't try to get an established center back? We didn't manage it, I imagine for a number of reasons, not least of which is that we can't compete with English wages.
    Is your imagination more valid than someone else’s thoughts?!

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Is your imagination more valid than someone else’s thoughts?!
    Errrrr whit? Are you drunk?

Devlin would be a complete waste of time. Would've seemed a decent signing about 4 years ago. We are laughably bad at recruitment just now, we're like Hearts under Cathro/Levein.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Do you know that Hibs didn't try to get an established center back? We didn't manage it, I imagine for a number of reasons, not least of which is that we can't compete with English wages.
    Just like we didn’t manage to get Jack Ross a centre half when actually in Europe or Shaun Maloney anywhere near an adequate replacement for Martin Boyle. This DOF needs to have complete control over this side of the club or it’ll make no difference. Kensell/Gordon haven’t a clue what they’re doing.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Beggars belief.

He’s literally the opposite of what Johnson said he wanted

He said someone that’s been playing games so they’re fit, sharp and won’t need time getting upto speed.

We then go for probably the most injury prone defender we could possibly get.

“If we get him fit….” Heard it before
    Tbf, now the window has closed we’re not going to be drowning in options. Wouldn’t have taken him last week but as our cb options are limited to 1 half fit experienced pro and a couple of kids, I’d take him now.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Devlin would be a complete waste of time. Would've seemed a decent signing about 4 years ago. We are laughably bad at recruitment just now, we're like Hearts under Cathro/Levein.
    Our recruitment hasn't been great but it's incomparable to Cathro & Levein. We tried going for youth and it didn't work, they didn't seem to have any strategy.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Tbf, now the window has closed we’re not going to be drowning in options. Wouldn’t have taken him last week but as our cb options are limited to 1 half fit experienced pro and a couple of kids, I’d take him now.
    Pretty much where I am. The window is done and for whatever reason we haven’t secured our target(s). If he seems fit enough then get him in even as cover. Low cost gamble for a potentially decent reward.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    Pretty much where I am. The window is done and for whatever reason we haven’t secured our target(s). If he seems fit enough then get him in even as cover. Low cost gamble for a potentially decent reward.
    That'll be exactly Hibs'thinking too.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    That'll be exactly Hibs'thinking too.
    Along with every other sustainable business model on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Pretty pish reply to be honest. Everything in the post you’ve quoted is accurate. Another Hibs manager has been let down in another transfer window. Same old ****.
    Think that’s the key thing.
    LJ is being let down, but he will carry the can with most supporters and ultimately the board, who should be holding their hands up for poor recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    He's played plenty at a decent level. Devlin has been injured for 6/7 years.

Do remember Devlin being good before his injuries though, just can't see someone with such an extensive injury list suddenly get over it.
    Pay as you play deal…prove fitness then get a better contract. Is that a thing these days?

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    My gut feeling is we had tunnel vision on him and when he decided to go elsewhere, with little time in the window left, we were humped

Would have liked us to go for Findlay
    My gut feeling is that your gut is probably wrong. 😀

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Gunnarsson? Ex Hibs? What is the fascination we have with former players?
    He is a centre half and available on a free ?

@hibs.net private member
    It really doesn't beggar belief. Hes training with us to assess his fitness level no? If they believe there's a problem Hibs won't sign him. It's not difficult.
    Far too sensible an answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    If he can stay fit he’d be a good signing, as back up and not asking him to play 40 games a season (yes I know there’s not that many left but you know what I mean)

Some of the other players mentioned wouldn’t be a good signing, even if they were fit.

I think it’s a no brainer to get him in to have a look at him in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    If he can stay fit he’d be a good signing, as back up and not asking him to play 40 games a season (yes I know there’s not that many left but you know what I mean)

Some of the other players mentioned wouldn’t be a good signing, even if they were fit.

I think it’s a no brainer to get him in to have a look at him in the short term.
    Aberdeen got an average of 12 games per season out of him.

That would be enough for us and I suspect he'll be asked to play fewer than that if he's offered a deal.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

If he only managed 230 minutes for Fleetwood this season why would he play more for us? We are better than Fleetwood Christ, steer clear of this hibs. We need someone to come in and start games not just be back up. Quality over quantity we got told mind.

Aberdeen got an average of 12 games per season out of him.

That would be enough for us and I suspect he'll be asked to play fewer than that if he's offered a deal.
    We don't need any more squad fillers though? We need a quality experienced player to come in and knock Hanlon or fish out the starting 11, that's what we set out to get this window that's what we were repeatedly told. Why would that change now? I'd rather play a young laddie than give Mikey Devlin a deal.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    Someone has to replace Demi Mitchell. Another promising player with ability but was permanently injured.

Some comments on here are absolutely pathetic you would think hibs are bottom of the league

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

We don't need any more squad fillers though? We need a quality experienced player to come in and knock Hanlon or fish out the starting 11, that's what we set out to get this window that's what we were repeatedly told. Why would that change now? I'd rather play a young laddie than give Mikey Devlin a deal.
    No we don't need that. We were never told that someone was needed to knock either of them out of the team.

We wanted another centre back but it didn't happen and the window is now shut so we need back up for Hanlon, Fish and CJ.

No we don't need that. We were never told that someone was needed to knock either of them out of the team.

We wanted another centre back but it didn't happen and the window is now shut so we need back up for Hanlon, Fish and CJ.
    If someone had said 2 weeks ago we were going to be starting Hanlon and fish there would have been murders, Hanlon can't be relied upon, fish has started 2 games at centre half and this other young boy we know nothing about really, hasn't played centre back for Hibs yet. How anyone can defend the recruitment or the position we've left ourselfs in defensively is mind boggling. That's no where near good enough, and bringing in a guy that's constantly injured and has played 3 games in 2 years for a team worse than us, what's the point? There's other free agents out there? Hanlon should be back up, we don't need someone as back up for him, we've got it all wrong here.

If someone had said 2 weeks ago we were going to be starting Hanlon and fish there would have been murders, Hanlon can't be relied upon, fish has started 2 games at centre half and this other young boy we know nothing about really, hasn't played centre back for Hibs yet. How anyone can defend the recruitment or the position we've left ourselfs in defensively is mind boggling. That's no where near good enough, and bringing in a guy that's constantly injured and has played 3 games in 2 years for a team worse than us, what's the point? There's other free agents out there? Hanlon should be back up, we don't need someone as back up for him, we've got it all wrong here.
    What should I do?

What should I do?
    Get yer boots on at this rate😂

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    Does anyone else think we had a decent CB lined up but the budget was used to bring in Hoppe after Nisbet pulled up with his hamstring issue.

What should I do?
    Drink wine. At least that's what I'll be doing later.