hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 178 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnson Out

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is merit in what you say in relation to constantly sacking managers. On the other hand, do we keep Johnson now because we've sacked so many mangers in the past? Questions need asking of board, regarding why their appointments have been so poor. Our problems don't begin and end with the manager, that's true.
    Keep him and actually give the manager time, more than 1 season and certainly more than 6 bloody months.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Useless board
    Useless players
    Useless manager

We are in a dire state.

Whilst us fans get to continue watching Campbell and Newell as our main midfielders. Yay.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    You do realise it's possible to blame more than one person at the same time?

Ta, ta Johnson, the sommelier, Kensall and most of the squad.
    I get yi but the root cause of our clubs problems comes from the top. And for what it's worth I don't think he was the correct appointment but I wouldn't trust the Gordon's to hire another manager.

Anyone noticed a lack of consistency in substitutions. The Derby Mckirdy starts then doesn't get game time at all against Motherwell. Melkersen doesn't get game time in the Derby but thrown on ahead of Mckirdy in Motherwell. Today Mckirdy on before Melkersen. Same with Fish. No game time then thrown in against Hearts. We are then needing a player to play right back against Motherwell and he doesn't get on with Campbell and even Stevenson playing right back. Today thrown in. Henderson was the same.

The recruitment worries me but the team selection and substitutions seem baffling to me.

I’ve defended him and I have a great deal of sympathy for him having to try to form a functional unit out of the guff he has available but I think he lost me this afternoon.

That was a shambles, papered over only by the efforts of a very hot striker.

Team selection, tactical choices and the forced improvisation choices he’s made are often just baffling.

I’ve also heard a few rumours from a decent source that he doesn’t exactly enjoy the trust of the senior players, players who aren’t exactly known to be troublemakers.

Has he been on talking about football IQ yet ? Oh the irony when he starts that crap.

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    Anyone noticed a lack of consistency in substitutions. The Derby Mckirdy starts then doesn't get game time at all against Motherwell. Melkersen doesn't get game time in the Derby but thrown on ahead of Mckirdy in Motherwell. Today Mckirdy on before Melkersen. Same with Fish. No game time then thrown in against Hearts. We are then needing a player to play right back against Motherwell and he doesn't get on with Campbell and even Stevenson playing right back. Today thrown in. Henderson was the same.

The recruitment worries me but the team selection and substitutions seem baffling to me.
    Yep said the same to a mate at the game,He’s all over the place and doesn’t have a scooby what to do

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post

He looks to me like a gambler frantically chasing losses.

Common sense and discipline went out the window long ago and it’s just more and more desperate rolling of the dice.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Can't wait till we get another doing against Hearts. I'm sure all the happy clappers will be out calling everyone else bed wetters.
    No doubt you will be disappointed if we win.

First Team Breakthrough Svengali's Avatar
    Does he come across as a leader? No. He’s slavers p1sh
    Should we have a enough to beat the likes of Ross County, St Johnstone & Dundee Utd at home? I’d say so.
    Does his team selections and subs baffle you? They baffle me.
    Does he know his best team? Nope
    Is he on an awful run of form? Yes

The clubs that much a shambles, the only reason we don’t want to sack him is because what went before him.

Dreading next week with David Brent Jnr in charge.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s just keeping the seat warm whilst we appoint a DOF and then he can pick his own man.

Strange team selection today. No tactics or game plan as far as I could see and 11 players that looked like they had never met. Even Marshall looked clueless. A really tough watch; reluctant to give him any praise at all, but at least Maloney had a system and a plan (just a shame it was total crap to watch and ineffectual) - I can’t see any evidence of that team being coached.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Has he been on talking about football IQ yet ? Oh the irony when he starts that crap.
    Yeah he has

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/Bn3Ud9D4tKM

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Common sense and discipline went out the window long ago and it’s just more and more desperate rolling of the dice.
    I think that’s a good analogy.

I don’t think it’s impossible he could turn it around so I’m not completely in the LJ must go camp but there is definitely a sense of inevitability about it.

Team selections are all over the place, players are being chucked here there and everywhere hoping for the best and we’re heavily reliant on one or two players rather than being a good cohesive team.

I would be quite pleased if he was sacked now, if he is going tk stay we need tk back him in the transfer market as this team could well get us relegated.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Playing our best centre half in midfield just epitomises his level of competency.. Got to play your best players where they are most effective, or you basically weaken 2 positions in one move. How he doesn’t see that is beyond weird ..

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Yeah he has

Enjoy

Same old crap, file under excuses ☹💩

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    No doubt you will be disappointed if we win.
    No,I will be delighted and admit I was wrong.

If we lose will you do the same?

Happy to put £50 to a charity of your choice on the result.

Actually, let's go further. If Hibs win I'll give £200. If they lose you give £50. Deal?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Yeah he has

Enjoy

“Will Fish not having the confidence to speak?!”! What? I can’t believe he’s just said that about a first team professional.

Other than that, not got a huge issue with what he said to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    No,I will be delighted and admit I was wrong.

If we lose will you do the same?

Happy to put £50 to a charity of your choice on the result.

Actually, let's go further. If Hibs win I'll give £200. If they lose you give £50. Deal?
    A generous offer, hopefully it will be taken up, and hopefully £200 is going to a good cause next week.

He's a dead man walking.

Everything between now and his inevitable departure is noise. I'd go as far as to say the decision has already been made, it's a timing issue as much as anything now.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Yeah he has

Enjoy

It's a Hibs TV interview, so it's the usual anodyne, packaged *****. I'll venture the new signing (if one appears) will be an inexperienced loanee.

MUST win this game next week, no excuses.

Can't see him going anywhere to be honest. Kensell won't want another managerial failure on his record so will be sitting tight hoping a DoF changes our fortunes next season. Kensell will be thinking about his own job now and turkeys don't vote for Christmas.
    Last edited by Since452; 14-01-2023 at 06:00 PM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I left the ground with a bit of a spring in the step pleased to have salvaged a point with the late equaliser. Relief more than anything, and while it was far from a good performance I felt the point was still well deserved.

Come on here after getting home and I’m surprised the mood is one of total doom and gloom. I’m getting the feeling that Nisbet’s late strike wasn’t the most welcomed goal Hibs have ever scored.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    A generous offer, hopefully it will be taken up, and hopefully £200 is going to a good cause next week.
    Agreed. Mark this post.

He sounds delighted with the draw

Absolute loser

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He's a dead man walking.

Everything between now and his inevitable departure is noise. I'd go as far as to say the decision has already been made, it's a timing issue as much as anything now.
    I concur, getting rid of him now and appointing someone else before the DOF comes in, probably doesn't make much sense. So it's either dismiss now & have a caretaker (Gray?) for a likely extended period, or hang fire for now whilst still a few points clear of relegation. Suspect he'll now be here for a bit unless things get perilously bad in the league, or a particularly heavy defeat next week forces the hand.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    It's a Hibs TV interview, so it's the usual anodyne, packaged *****. I'll venture the new signing (if one appears) will be an inexperienced loanee.

MUST win this game next week, no excuses.
    https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/stat...iB2dSly1A&s=19

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CallumHibs07 View Post
    He sounds delighted with the draw

Absolute loser
    You must not have listed to his interviews

He said they were proud they kept going until the last but the players are in there disappointed with the result, not celebrating the last minute goal

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    I concur, getting rid of him now and appointing someone else before the DOF comes in, probably doesn't make much sense. So it's either dismiss now & have a caretaker (Gray?) for a likely extended period, or hang fire for now whilst still a few points clear of relegation. Suspect he'll now be here for a bit unless things get perilously bad in the league, or a particularly heavy defeat next week forces the hand.
    Anyone on the coaching staff but David Gray, literally anyone!!

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    He is hampering what limited ability this squad has. Unable or unwilling to bring any youth through and a whole host of poor transfer signings (which he has claimed responsibility for).

Starting line ups costing us goals and no sign of any style or system. Has to go.

im not sure who could get a tune out of our defence and midfield ....we seriously need a whole new back 3 or 4 and at least 2 other midfielders

if we dont replace porto if he leaves with a decent centre half and dont replace the campbells, newells, stevensons, hanlons, JDH then we will continue to have performances like we see today

its all fair and well getting rid of kenneh, mitchell, dabrowski etc, the squad is too big but the main problem is the starting 11 is poor.

i couldn't be happier with up top especially when boyle is back and if we keep kylo and secure nisbet for 2 more seasons...we need starting defenders and midfielders to improve