hibs.net Messageboard

Page 104 of 178 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 5324

Thread: Johnson Out

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps you could apply your statistical genius to our historic post -split performances and compare how LJ has done compared to others?
    Out of interest what would 5 games prove? Especially when many of these games don’t have anything riding on them due to league positions already being confirmed by the time the split comes round.

I can’t see much difference between the win percentages of Johnson and Maloney and I think it’s fair to say maloney was dealt the worse hand. Funny old game isn’t it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    The point is that people won't give credit when it's due to him.

3 wins out of the last 7 against top 6 sides, including beating Hearts and Celtic with only 1 loss to The Rangers is laudable. It was as better run in than most yet you'd prefer to look at the negative aspects of the run.

Fair enough, that's your choice, but it's a good example of why I think LJ will struggle to be accepted by a lot of fans and probably never will be.
    Yeah but the problem with your point is you’re basing it on the fact you think he deserves credit and not considering the fact others might not.

As I said, 2 wins from the last 6 games and blowing 2 golden opportunities to have a more successful season isn’t something that deserves all that much credit.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    All fair points.

I've maybe been guilty of name calling, but if I was to check, it was probably during or immediately after a game which I think is a bit more acceptable than doing so in the cold light of day.

I won't ever apologise for showing emotion during a game. Take that away, and I've no interest in the game at all.
    I can't imagine anyone being criticised for showing emotion during a game.

Not unless your name was Lee Johnson, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Yeah but the problem with your point is you’re basing it on the fact you think he deserves credit and not considering the fact others might not.

As I said, 2 wins from the last 6 games and blowing 2 golden opportunities to have a more successful season isn’t something that deserves all that much credit.
    Why are you ignoring the victory over Hearts?

Forget it.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

I’m not sure the draw away to Aberdeen can be described as LJ blowing it, what would you have done differently? Our tactics were spot on and we performed really well, hitting the woodwork multiple times and missing a penalty - poor finishing is to blame if anything. The Hearts game was absolutely a blown opportunity, the 2nd half tactics didn’t allow us to capitalise on our man advantage.

It was 3 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss in 7. 6 of which were teams in the top half of the table.
    Good record . There was some good performances from the team towards the end of the season and signs we were improving tbh .

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I’m not sure the draw away to Aberdeen can be described as LJ blowing it, what would you have done differently? Our tactics were spot on and we performed really well, hitting the woodwork multiple times and missing a penalty - poor finishing is to blame if anything. The Hearts game was absolutely a blown opportunity, the 2nd half tactics didn’t allow us to capitalise on our man advantage.
    Surely the missed penalty was LJs fault?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I don’t think LJ is digging Fish out in that interview. Context is important, he’s just given an example and highlighted how we’d look to improve it. He’s actually kind to Fish in the interview rather than blaming him.

And asking how he’d run if a lion was chasing him is just a light hearted way to make the point about choosing how much effort you put in. There’s nothing wrong with that either.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

It's not just an issue of tactics. Our team is horribly unbalanced. That game at Tynecastle probably highlighted this issue more than any other. We have too many individuals with their own separate playing styles who are too incompatible with one another to click together as an effective unit. I fear this hasn't been adequately addressed in the transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Surely the missed penalty was LJs fault?
    Yes LJ bottled it by making us hit the woodwork multiple times and making Nisbet miss a penalty. We ragdolled the pride of the Scottish media that day. Was that before or after we battered the champions 4-2? Before people say it was a dead rubber they smashed Aberdeen 5-0 on the final day.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I don’t think LJ is digging Fish out in that interview. Context is important, he’s just given an example and highlighted how we’d look to improve it. He’s actually kind to Fish in the interview rather than blaming him.

And asking how he’d run if a lion was chasing him is just a light hearted way to make the point about choosing how much effort you put in. There’s nothing wrong with that either.
    I agree with what he says but think it would have been better if he had said that the big lads were let down with Newell’s terrible ball in.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Yes LJ bottled it by making us hit the woodwork multiple times and making Nisbet miss a penalty. We ragdolled the pride of the Scottish media that day. Was that before or after we battered the champions 4-2? Before people say it was a dead rubber they smashed Aberdeen 5-0 on the final day.
    We were good (but blew our chances) against Aberdeen but "ragdolled"? "Battered the champions" Aye, maybe their reserves ... with more than a little help from their goalie.

Our run in was decent but ultimately not good enough.

@hibs.net private member
    Why are you ignoring the victory over Hearts?

Forget it.
    Because 6 games was the amount of games originally mentioned. I never set the amount of games, the posters who kept referencing the 6 games did. It’s also the commonly used amount of games for ‘form’ in football.

However, if you want to ask why I’m ignoring the hearts game then why are you ignoring the 4 games before the Hearts game?
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 10-08-2023 at 01:11 PM.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...oanee-27491801

Top quality man management there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because 6 games was the amount of games originally mentioned. I never set the amount of games, the posters who kept referencing the 6 games did. It’s also the commonly used amount of games for ‘form’ in football.

However, if you want to ask why I’m ignoring the hearts game then why are you ignoring the 4 games before the Hearts game?
    Because I said he had a strong end to the season. That strong run started with us beating hearts.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...oanee-27491801

Top quality man management there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Needs to take them to the zoo for the next training session. A couple of hours caged up in a lions den should get them up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Fish should have asked, if losing a game as manager meant you got fed to lions, who would you pick as starting right back?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by heid the baw View Post
    Fish should have asked, if losing a game as manager meant you got fed to lions, who would you pick as starting right back?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Because I said he had a strong end to the season. That strong run started with us beating hearts.
    Depends what sort of picture you want to paint really.

I could say we had a crap end to the season by adding the 4 games that went before the Hearts game you’ve decided to use all of which were defeats.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 10-08-2023 at 02:00 PM.

Depends what sort of picture you want to paint really.

I could say we had a crap end to the season by adding the 4 games that went before the Hearts game you’ve decided to use all of which were defeats.
    Then we wouldn't be talking about the end of the season, we'd be talking about over a quarter of it.

Why stop there? We might as well add in the 5 games before that when we were unbeaten. It's stupid and a real shame that you dislike the guy so much that you'll do anything not to give him any credit.

Only you could argue that he didn't end the season well when he demonstrably did.

No wonder people say that he'll never be accepted by some.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 10-08-2023 at 02:52 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Then we wouldn't be talking about the end of the season, we'd be talking about over a quarter of it.

Why stop there? We might as well add in the 5 games before that when we were unbeaten. It's stupid and a real shame that you dislike the guy so much that you'll do anything not to give him any credit.

Only you could argue that he didn't end the season well when he demonstrably did.

No wonder people say that he'll never be accepted by some.
    Who says it’s not the end of the season? You? 7 games is never used in football as a metric for anything. Form is almost always represented over a 6 game period (occasionally 5) seasons are often referenced in terms of second half/last quarter etc. Never 7 games though. You’re only determined to make it 7 games because it best suits your argument.

I don’t think we did end the season very well, we demonstrably didn’t, unless of course we use 7 games and only 7 games as the metric for ‘end of the season’.

There’s no basis in football for using 7 game periods for anything yet it’s conveniently the specific number that we must use in this scenario as using 6, the general length of time that’s considered ‘form’ in football doesn’t suit your argument and using more than 7 also doesn’t suit your argument.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 10-08-2023 at 03:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heid the baw View Post
    The answer might have been "Will Fish"

Who says it’s not the end of the season? You? 7 games is never used in football as a metric for anything. Form is always represented over a 6 game period, seasons are often referenced in terms of second half/last quarter etc. Never 7 games though. You’re only determined to make it 7 games because it best suits your argument.

I don’t think we did end the season very well, we demonstrably didn’t, unless of course we use 7 games and only 7 games as the metric for ‘end of the season’.

There’s no basis in football for using 7 game periods for anything yet it’s conveniently the specific number that we must use in this scenario as using 6, the general length of time that’s considered ‘form’ in football doesn’t suit your argument and using more than 7 also doesn’t suit your argument.

You're determined not to allow him any credit!

Ok. If I say LJ had a demonstrably good last 7 games of the season, would you agree?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member

Ok. If I say LJ had a demonstrably good last 7 games of the season, would you agree?
    It was 0-0 at half time in that Hearts game so no, I would say 6 and a half

@hibs.net private member

I’ll give him credit if I feel he deserves credit. With a record marginally better than Shaun Maloneys, 2 cup humiliations, the 2 heaviest derby defeats for either team in the last decade and 2 huge opportunities missed at the business end of the season I don’t think that’s deserving of much credit.

He had a good last 7 games. He didn’t have anything better than a decent last 6 games and he had a crap last 11.

I

He had a good last 7 games.
    Grudged or not, we have a breakthrough.

At last.

@hibs.net private member
    Grudged or not, we have a breakthrough.

At last.
    Nobody is grudging anything. As I said I’ll give him credit if he deserves credit. Lee Johnson has done little to deserve any credit for the reasons I listed above.

LJ seems to have joined a long list of managers not considered good enough,Heckingbottom, Ross and Maloney who are now not doing too shabbily elsewhere in terms of employment,can we not just get behind the current one and give the guy a decent amount of time.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    From memory the bigger problem was the defeats to Dundee Utd and Motherwell just before the break? We were always chasing our tail after these results.

If we’d won them, it would have been Hearts chasing us!

Nobody is grudging anything.
    Excellent. Very generous of you in that case.