hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Jim Herriot's Avatar
    50 billion streams on Spotify? Wow, he'll have made hundreds of pounds from that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree.
    Me too. Pass the bong.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Surely if you were going to use a bird as a logo and you're a bloke called Drake you'd use a duck not an owl. ��
    Thought this too. Wtf has he got to do with football anyway?

Maybe if it was a Spanish/catalan singer who had a connection with the club but this just reeks of trying to seel to the North American market

Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    I noticed barcas new 3rd shirt for this season has a map of the city on it.
    Hmmm, I wonder where we've seen that before ?
    Barca have been doing that for years

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Herriot View Post
    50 billion streams on Spotify? Wow, he'll have made hundreds of pounds from that.
    As an aside, 50 billion streams for Drake! What am I missing? It’s not my kind of music, but that doesn’t stop me appreciating the likes of Beyoncé and Tailor Swift. Their music isn’t for me but can appreciate its quality. Just tried a couple of Drakes most popular songs and they could be any one of the generic songs in the charts on a given day.

Yours, a dinosaur.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    As an aside, 50 billion streams for Drake! What am I missing? It’s not my kind of music, but that doesn’t stop me appreciating the likes of Beyoncé and Tailor Swift. Their music isn’t for me but can appreciate its quality. Just tried a couple of Drakes most popular songs and they could be any one of the generic songs in the charts on a given day.

Yours, a dinosaur.

Drakes kinda like the casual fans rapper. He's not entirely loved by the rap community for being just that, a bit generic. He's got some big songs, and I'm not into hip-hop myself but got a few friends that are and they all think he's subpar. He's just good at writing/producing catchy songs/generic lyrics.

On the topic of Barca, doesn't bother me. Clubs have been permanently re-naming stadiums, so a temp sponsor communicating an artist when they have Spotify as a sponsor is fine imo. Weird? Yes, but not wrong, or bad.

I'm not arsed about their crappy shirt sponsor. I find it weird that no one seems to be bothered that they pushed players out, haven't paid players millions they owe them... but are still signing players willy nilly. They should have been hammered with a transfer ban.

Seems Hearts were indeed trendsetters and that's how big clubs do operate.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    It does sadden me that oil and Saudi money has meant that football as a competition at the highest level is ultimately dead.

If there’s a top player who becomes available - E.G. Haaland, Messi, Mbappe, Neymar etc. then there realistically will be Man City, PSG, and maybe Real able to afford their signature. Almost everyone else has no chance. In the next ten years nobody will be able to compete with Man City in the league now Liverpools best team in a generation are winding down a bit, and the next ones likely to be able to compete are Newcastle who are a decade away from building up that team.

I know it’s always been that the richest clubs get the best players, but the gap between richest and the next step down is getting wider and wider.

Maybe a Super League for these teams that proper football fans can ignore whilst we enjoy a closer competition may not be a bad thing.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction