hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

Friday’s Game in Prague

Off to the Prague derby next weekend. Long shot I know but want to see VAR’s big debut on Friday. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 14-10-2022 at 05:17 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Off to the Prague derby next weekend. Long shot I know but want to see VAR’s big debut on Friday. Any suggestions?
    It's not on any sports channels is it? So you would need to have an international subscriotion to Hibs TV and see if you could get a pub to hook up their TV to a logged-in device.

If you were absolutely desperate to try and see the game then there's a pub in Josefov district, the Jewish Quarter, called the James Joyce. They have a few screens, including a back room and show loads of football, some GAA as well I think. No gurantee they would do it but it gets a few expats so there might already be Hibs fans in Prague who go there. It's a nice enough pub, and it's not any walk from the city centre. They have a Facebook page for contacting them.

It is a long shot though. Alternatively Sparta's ice hockey team are at home on the Friday evening and they love their hockey there. It's a good evening out.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    It's not on any sports channels is it? So you would need to have an international subscriotion to Hibs TV and see if you could get a pub to hook up their TV to a logged-in device.

If you were absolutely desperate to try and see the game then there's a pub in Josefov district, the Jewish Quarter, called the James Joyce. They have a few screens, including a back room and show loads of football, some GAA as well I think. No gurantee they would do it but it gets a few expats so there might already be Hibs fans in Prague who go there. It's a nice enough pub, and it's not any walk from the city centre. They have a Facebook page for contacting them.

It is a long shot though. Alternatively Sparta's ice hockey team are at home on the Friday evening and they love their hockey there. It's a good evening out.
    Done the hockey in Prague and thoroughly enjoyed it. Enjoyed the locals bar across the road from the rink that sold 50p pints even more.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post

Great info and good shout re the hockey. Might have to go to that and watch Hibs on my phone!