hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nisbet

Nisbet

When is he due back?

And does he get back in ahead of Kuka?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not sure when Nisbet is back but he should be right back in unless Kukharevych starts scoring.

Having said that I would drop Youan before Kukharevych.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m a massive fan of Kukharevych. Absolute madness on here after last night, the officials chalked off a legitimate goal, that’s not his fault. One of the first names on the team sheet for me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m a massive fan of Kukharevych. Absolute madness on here after last night, the officials chalked off a legitimate goal, that’s not his fault. One of the first names on the team sheet for me.
    I’m the same I think he’s a real talent, needs to get in the goals though, as for Nisbet, I don’t know if anyone would agree but is it a personnel issue the lack of goals or the quality of chances? I wouldn’t say we play many balls begging for a poacher type into the box a fair amount from both flanks are high and long, I’ve no recollection of thinking why no one’s gambled on a front post or that somethings went right across the face of goal needing a tap in, we’re shouting from distance or into crowded boxes, 7 on target last night but 2 from mckirdy for example had next to no chance really.
    I think we need to be looking at the system or working on better quality into the box, I don’t know if it’s a 433 or a 4231 we’d be down as playing but I’d like to see us give a 352 a try get Boyle up with myko free a bit more running space up for cadden on the right without him and Boyle occupying the same areas also gives CB’s 2 different worries with Boyle pace and myko’s strength, mid 3 of Newell Kenneh then Campbell/Ginto

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    Not sure when Nisbet is back but he should be right back in unless Kukharevych starts scoring.

Having said that I would drop Youan before Kukharevych.
    Youan should be dropped regardless of Nisbet or Kukharevych.

I fail to see what Youan actually offers on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    Youan should be dropped regardless of Nisbet or Kukharevych.

I fail to see what Youan actually offers on the wing.
    I think you could have ended the above sentence after the word ‘offers’

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    I was trying to be slightly diplomatic, while you are being more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Monts View Post
    When is he due back?

I'd be playing Nisbet with him. I firmly confident once he's back and got mins into his leg we'll see the player we all know he can be.

He'd already be on a few goals this season if he was fit.

I don’t think anyone has been too critical of him, just passed comment on his lack of goals.

Saying Nisbet will come right back in isn’t a criticism of Kukharevych, Nisbet is good with his back to goal and bringing others into play and he can also score goals, would be silly not to bring him in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    He has pace to burn and great ability on the ball - and in case you've been watching with your eyes closed - has chipped in with a couple of crucial assists. Of course we could do with him scoring goals, but if you have not noticed the above then you cannot have been to a game this season.

@hibs.net private member
    Nesbit is a couple of weeks away from full training

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Nesbit is a couple of weeks away from full training
    And what about Nisbet?

Left by mutual consent!
    How can you be a massive fan already?
    I thought he looked decent v Aberdeen but no better than that and has yet to score.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Youan can play. I’ve absolutely nae doubt he can be an asset to us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This - I honestly think some of our support must have their eyes painted on. There is plently room for improvement but Youan most certainly has some very valuable footballing attributes.

PS - back on the thread subject: I reckon Nisbet will love playing in this team once he gets back. The ball was never in the attacking third even half as much under either Maloney or Ross.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monts View Post
    When is he due back?

Nope

Was it not just before the world cup Kevin set himself?

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    This - I honestly think some of our support must have their eyes painted on. There is plently room for improvement but Youan most certainly has some very valuable footballing attributes.

PS - back on the thread subject: I reckon Nisbet will love playing in this team once he gets back. The ball was never in the attacking third even half as much under either Maloney or Ross.
    What are Youan's valuable footballing attributes?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    His part in the goal in the Derby showed he can play, he is fast too, we are frustratingly not seeing enough end product from any forward bar Boyle though.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince85 View Post
    His part in the goal in the Derby showed he can play, he is fast too, we are frustratingly not seeing enough end product from any forward bar Boyle though.

Good contribution to a goal against Rangers too.

Can’t remember which game it was but I had commented that he looked sedated and his form since then hasn’t improved.

At the start of the season though, I though he looked quick and a skilful dribbler. Had a bit of the Stokes about him, the way he’d peel out left and give defenders problems with his direct running.

On paper our front 3 look like they should have enough to be a big threat together. I’d take a bit of convincing that they don’t just need games together and it’ll click given time. Myko shouldn’t have had his goal disallowed the other night.

I also struggle to see how Nisbet improves anything, where he fits in. He does look like he’s bulked up and he looked pretty jaded by the time he got injured. I could see him possibly working in a pair with Myko but that would involve reworking the whole rest of the team.
    Last edited by Smartie; 13-10-2022 at 10:39 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince85 View Post
    You took the words out of my mouth. That goal was scintilatingly good as well as immeasurably important and Youan played a major part in creating it using his two major attributes of devastating pace and ability on the ball. He's contributed a couple of other assists too I think. There is certainly room for improvement in his game in things like positioning, timing of runs, decision making - but I see a quality player in the making there for sure.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    He's got pace, running power and agility as physical attributes, football, he's got a decent touch, good dribbling/trickery, good flicks, seems to have a decent shot when he doesn't snatch it. He's got decent awareness when he's out wide, his assists have shown that. Gets to the byline and lifts his head to pick a pass.

Football IQ wise he needs work, but he has all the base attributes and gets into great positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Good contribution to a goal against Rangers too.

Can’t remember which game it was but I had commented that he looked sedated and his form since then hasn’t improved.

At the start of the season though, I though he looked quick and a skilful dribbler. Had a bit of the Stokes about him, the way he’d peel out left and give defenders problems with his direct running.

On paper our front 3 look like they should have enough to be a big threat together. I’d take a bit of convincing that they don’t just need games together and it’ll click given time. Myko shouldn’t have had his goal disallowed the other night.

I also struggle to see how Nisbet improves anything, where he fits in. He does look like he’s bulked up and he looked pretty jaded by the time he got injured. I could see him possibly working in a pair with Myko but that would involve reworking the whole rest of the team.
    I think Nisbet can play on the left in place of Youan. Minimal defensive duties there and when we have the ball he can drift infield.

Hopefully the fact that his place is far from guaranteed will help his motivation to perform

I think the first thing is to hope that Nisbet can get back to the player he was before the injury (better yet the player he was the season before that). It could take him plenty time to get back properly fit and sharp but hopefully he gets there this season.

If and when he returns properly I think we’ll have the best options up-top we’ve had for quite a few years. Then we can argue about who starts where.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    100% this. He has speed, movement and nice touch but is very low on confidence. Might need to come off the bench a few times rather than start.

He isn’t a goal scorer/striker.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    How can you be a massive fan already?
    I thought he looked decent v Aberdeen but no better than that and has yet to score.
    Thought he was excellent at Tannadice aside from his one on one that he was too hesitant with. I'd quite like to see McKirdy play off him. I could see them being a good partnership.

Find it strange that some continuously moan about Youan , Nisbet , Newell and Kennah , Yet some have said we should have signed shankland and even Devlin is a cracking player

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Find it strange that some continuously moan about Youan , Nisbet , Newell and Kennah , Yet some have said we should have signed shankland and even Devlin is a cracking player
    Would definitely have taken Shankland.

Devlin? Surely no.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Would definitely have taken Shankland.

Devlin? Surely no.
    I'd rather have Nisbet everyday of the week over shankland . Much better striker . Shanklands very limited imo . Newell is regularly getting moaned about on here yet not long ago Devlin was a really good player with some on here too . One is good alright . The other a headless chicken that's dirty and main attribute is to kick people.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    I'd rather have Nisbet everyday of the week over shankland . Much better striker . Shanklands very limited imo . Newell is regularly getting moaned about on here yet not long ago Devlin was a really good player with some on here too . One is good alright . The other a headless chicken that's dirty and main attribute is to kick people.
    Nisbet v Shankland debate aside. We haven’t got either for most of this season. I was just meaning I definitely would have been happy signing Shankland but no interest in Devlin (and that’s without being Newell’s biggest fan).