hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very Annoyed

I wonder if Boyle would be better in the middle allowing cadden more on the right

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would help if we had a Head Coach who wasn’t completely obsessed by playing the game through the wing backs and wingers. Right-footed Youan played left wing in the first half and was replaced by right footed McKirdy in the second.
    McKirdy and Boyle were starting their runs just past the half way lines. Top teams mix it up and can play through the middle as well as down the line. Their centre half was 6’5” and mopped up every high ball.
    I know, amazing that left footed Salah scored a hat trick from the right wing last night. As for their 6 '5 centre back, our central striker is 6'4 and almost scored from a high ball down the middle.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    I wonder if Boyle would be better in the middle allowing cadden more on the right
    That's a ruse that's been spoken of - and it's not a bad one. That said I have been happy with the formations being played by LJ thus far - usually 4-3-3 and usually resulting in loads of exciting play, posession and chances created. As has been pointed out, we just need our forwards to start pitching in with more goals and we should give some sides a doing.

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Cadden isn't anywhere near as good as Boyle as a winger, and Boyle isn't a central striker on his own.

Our strikers will starts scoring or they'll be replaced. Moving other working parts of the team isn't the answer.

What we need is the Scotty Allan of about 3 or 4 years ago at number 10 and we'd be destroying teams. We've got a ton of pace out wide but limited creativity through the middle.