hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Youan has potential, but that's not what we need for the first team right now.
    He reminds me of Simon Murray. He's fast, has some good touches, but looks like he played his first 11 a side game a month ago.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Hibs loose after 4 wins and it's all doom and gloom again.
    Yep ,that's what happens sadly .on another thread someone even blames our recruitment again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    I think is more frustration. We were playing the team at the bottom of the league and had a great opportunity to open up a sizable gap in 3rd spot before a difficult game coming up on Saturday. It would have given us a free hit at Celtic but now another defeat will probably see us drop back to 4th or 5th.
    As I say, very frustrating.
    Yup. I said before the game last night we should be disappointed with a draw. A defeat is very frustrating. Yes, we were the better team but if you don't take your chances you always run the risk of getting beat. Just got to make sure we give St Johnstone a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    I think is more frustration. We were playing the team at the bottom of the league and had a great opportunity to open up a sizable gap in 3rd spot before a difficult game coming up on Saturday. It would have given us a free hit at Celtic but now another defeat will probably see us drop back to 4th or 5th.
    As I say, very frustrating.
    It was a frustrating night alright ,Though cause they were bottom I didn't see it as a easy game at all ,away from home against a team that was on a high from a very good previous result , who imo have some good players . On another night we would have got something though. Leagues tight and I don't see many easy games in it . There will be ups and downs along the way and teams will swap and change league positions quite a bit .As for Celtic it's still a free hit for us .Nobody expects us to get anything there and I'm sure this team will give it ago . While I agree with you it's frustrating there's still far more to be excited and positive about.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Yep ,that's what happens sadly .on another thread someone even blames our recruitment again.
    Are you being sarcastic? Most of our signings in the last year or so HAVE been poor. 20 odd signings in a year and most of them, predictably, are no where near good enough.

At least Johnson seemed to take full control of our signing policy towards the end of the window, as he had to. I think he'll get rid of 12-15 of the squad over the next couple of windows. Hopefully, we'll use those freed up wages to get quality in next time.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    He reminds me of Simon Murray. He's fast, has some good touches, but looks like he played his first 11 a side game a month ago.
    Youan would probably need about two years of good coaching to get up to a decent level. Sproule developed quickly under Mowbray, and Boyle gradually got better, but some players are more capable of learning than others.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    Youan would probably need about two years of good coaching to get up to a decent level. Sproule developed quickly under Mowbray, and Boyle gradually got better, but some players are more capable of learning than others.
    I disagree, I see kids similar to Youan all the time. He just needs to learn when to release the ball, and put one in the back of the net and we will see him look twice the player. Confidence is a huge thing in football, and will get in the way of decision making.