hibs.net Messageboard

Hibs.net Green or White Competition

As many will be aware we recently launched the hibs.net Home &Away appeal, for anyone unaware please see link below:

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?...30#post7105130

As the 1st fundraising venture for this we are launching the Green or White Competition. The premise of this is simple. Before each Hibs game a question will be posted with 2 possible outcomes, green or white. For example ' Will Hibs be awarded 3 or more corners today?' Yes - Green, No - White. Each week those selecting the wrong option will be eliminated until we have a last person standing.

As this is a fundraising venture the cost to enter will be a £5 per person donation, payment can be made to PayPal or by bank transfer, remember to include your username and what it's for as a reference. The first prize will be a £100 clubstore voucher, 2nd place will receive a £25 voucher. As detailed in the Home & Away thread we will match any donations after our small costs have been covered.

The first question will be posted on Thursday 29th September and must be answered by kick off time of our game v Ross County on 1st October. Entries will close on Wednesday 28th to allow me to collate. Entrants will be listed on this thread, all questions and remaining entrants will also be included on this thread as the competition progresses. Anyone failing to provide an answer by kick off time of any match will be eliminated.

Good luck

Entry List

1875godsgift
    Worcesterhibby
    HH81
    Eskbankhibby
    1 8 7 5
    hibbybob
    hibbyjint
    Hibbyradge
    Offshorehibby
    Eskbankhibby
    Just Alf
    Marinello59
    Pretty Boy
    Hibee_girl

2. Log in to remove the advert

Bump
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Have I got this right?

You have to pay £5 by next Wednesday to enter, but the question won't be put up until the following day?

Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have I got this right?

You have to pay £5 by next Wednesday to enter, but the question won't be put up until the following day?
    Yes, that's correct.

The £5 donation is a one off to enter the competition and the 1st question and all subsequent questions will be posted approx 48 hours before the kick off of the game in question.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by HNA11 View Post
    Yes, that's correct.

The £5 donation is a one off to enter the competition and the 1st question and all subsequent questions will be posted approx 48 hours before the kick off of the game in question.
    And the PayPal address is bank@hibs.net

Sent it I think!
    Last edited by 1875godsgift; 20-09-2022 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    And the PayPal address is bank@hibs.net

Sent it I think!
    Got it

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    entered, great idea..great charities.

Can I pay via bank transfer?
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Can I pay via bank transfer?
    Yep, that's no problem.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    entered, great idea..great charities.
    In.

Money sent via bank transfer
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Money sent via bank transfer
    Got it.

Any more?

As it stands it doesn't look like we'll have enough interest to run with this one. Bit of a shame as it's for 2 good causes and has proven a popular competition before.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like this one has caught the imagination as much as we had hoped.

It's obviously difficult times for a lot of people and there was maybe an element of bad timing in ending this just before payday.

As such we'll extend it for another couple of weeks. New closing date will be Wednesday 12th October with the 1st question posed a day later relating to our game v Celtic on the 15th. Hopefully we see a wee run on this, if not then we'll contact those who have already entered to make arrangements.

@hibs.net private member
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like this one has caught the imagination as much as we had hoped.

It's obviously difficult times for a lot of people and there was maybe an element of bad timing in ending this just before payday.

As such we'll extend it for another couple of weeks. New closing date will be Wednesday 12th October with the 1st question posed a day later relating to our game v Celtic on the 15th. Hopefully we see a wee run on this, if not then we'll contact those who have already entered to make arrangements.
    i chucked a donation straight to Pretty Boys bank account. Please keep the cash even if this didnt quite get off the ground, and put the money towards anything the site could use it for.
    Keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 8 7 5 View Post
    i chucked a donation straight to Pretty Boys bank account. Please keep the cash even if this didnt quite get off the ground, and put the money towards anything the site could use it for.
    Keep up the great work.
    That's very kind, thank you.

Any money raised will be given to the charities we are trying to raise money for. As a wee reminder I'll repost our launch post below.
    And remember this site will match every fiver given as entry fees meaning the charities receive £10 and each entrant has the chance of a £100 club voucher. That's a win win win!

• The Admin team are pleased and excited to announce our very first Home and Away charity appeal. Given the difficult times we are currently living through we thought this might be a good time to use the resources here to help others. We’ve selected two charities we’d like to offer a wee bit of help to and given we are a football forum we have designated one Home and one Away. Any money raised will be split equally between both charities.

Our Home based charity we hope to raise a few quid for is the
      Multi-Cultural Family Base.
      Based in Leith they are dedicated to promoting the well-being and life opportunities of vulnerable and disadvantaged children, young people and families. Their work is carried out with families from a wide range of communities including New Scots where they strive to engender a sense of belonging and community, something we felt fitted in well with the origins of the football club we all love. The good people working there have indicated that any money raised would assist with the costs of transporting their user groups to the various activities they run.

Our Away charity should need no introduction, the long running Dnipro Kids Appeal. Formed in 2005 by Hibs fans after an away game against Dnipro FC in the Ukraine the work they have done with Ukrainian orphans over the years has been truly remarkable. The evacuation of a large group of orphans to Scotland following the outbreak of hostilities in their home country has been both heart-warming and inspirational. Hopefully we can help a wee bit with their ongoing costs.

Over the next couple of months we are asking you to help us raise money for the chosen charities by donating or taking part in a couple of fundraisers we have planned. (Or both.)
      We don’t really want to set any targets here but
      during the initial two month period we will match anything donated up to a total of £2000 effectively doubling what you give.

So how do you donate? It’s simple , donate via Paypal at bank@hibs.net and don’t forget to add your user name followed by HA as the reference. We’d like to acknowledge those who have donated, if you don’t want to be mentioned please PM any one of the admin team when you donate. If you don’t use PayPal and still want to give then drop any Admin a private message and we will sort something out.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Done 👍
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 8 7 5 View Post
    Keep up the great work.
    Mine too.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Done
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member
    A fiver to enter the competition. Pay weekend. Hibs won. You know you want to

Bump , bump, bumpity bump.

Closing datę Wednesday 12th.

Entry list now looking a wee bit healthier than it was but we could still do with a few more to make this viable.

Any more?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I entered and paid on 1st October but didn’t find anywhere to add my username, posted this at the time on the PM thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    I entered and paid on 1st October but didn’t find anywhere to add my username, posted this at the time on the PM thread.
    We'll get you added to the list.

1st question is on a separate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    Sorry, we missed that. Please go and stick your answer in now. Good luck.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    We'll get you added to the list.

1st question is on a separate thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by HNA12 View Post
    Sorry, we missed that. Please go and stick your answer in now. Good luck.
    Thanks both, prediction added now!