hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With respect to your point about the Zoom call and the transfers, after the call Longbangers and Down the Slope put together a pack that was sent directly to Ron detailing our thoughts, position by position, on the success or failure of the recruitment.

It wasn’t acknowledged.
    I appreciate that, that takes a bit of balls when you’re being offered access like that. 👍

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    "Actively disliked"

Our assistant manager was much better known for playing for the likes of Aberdeen and Bristol, and our manager played 4 times for Hearts................

I think you might have had too much of the herb already mate.
    Our assistant manager would probably argue that he's better known for scoring in, and winning, a cup final against us!
    Look, I know it's unreasonable, but I can't help it. If I'd been won over by obvious quality it wouldn't be an issue, and I hope that's where it ends up.

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I am not a big poster but keep a keen eye on the messageboards and I am starting to understand the worries and frustrations some fans are having.

I dont have anything against Johnson, Kensell or Ron and his family, I won't claim to know how things work on the inside at Hibs and can only base judgments from what we see at the stadium, on the park and in the press or by fan podcasts / forums.

Jack Ross lead us too a 3rd place finish for the first time in 17 years and having only done this 2 previous times in my lifetime is quite an achievement that no one should gloss over. Regardless of whether it was a shut out season because of covid, the results stood for themselves and his finished 3rd at a canter. At that point with the way the European outlook was shaping up we really did have a head start on Aberdeen and Hearts to gain financial riches than we could only gain through player sales previously. A general idea was that we probably needed 3 starters down the very spine of our team that would really enhance the playing group to get into the Europa groups or Conference league along with maybe 3 others to bolster the squad.

What we got was very different.

McGennis was signed and although the early signs were positive hasn't been since his first few weeks due to injury ( not his or Hibs fault )

Apart from the name above I can't think of a single player in the previous 2 windows (soon to be 3) who has enhanced the playing group that took us to 3rd spot. We can argue Marshall but he replaced a fine keeper in Marciano so its basically a like for like and we dabbled in the middle of that with Macey.

so we are now coming up for 3 transfer windows on from finishing 3rd in the league and are actually playing upgrades are 0 and infact we've got weaker due to a long term injury to Nisbet and Doidge who in fairness was exceptional in the ross season now looks like his best days are behind him.

I dont think the guys we have had at the club since finishing 3rd are rubbish, I felt they needed that extra bit of help to build on what they achieved, each manager hasn't been supported in that respect and funnily enough the results haven't shifted either.

I respect the bold approach and I champion it, signing young up and coming players with the hope of selling on for vast fees, its the way forward, in fact its a no brainer but its gone way too far. The first team has had money spent on it, its been enhanced in numbers but not in quality. We have signed around 12 players this season and only 2/3 are locked in to start. I can't recall many teams having a situation where they basically sign a whole new team but 75% of them are not playing.

Ross wasn't a bad manager, Maloney isn't and I dont believe Johnson is but we have strengthened the Key areas from 12 months ago, we have actually regressed and our direct rivals have all improved.

Worrying.
    Good post apart from Marshall replaced an ok keeper in Macey, and is a huge upgrade on him.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Good post apart from Marshall replaced an ok keeper in Macey, and is a huge upgrade on him.
    Sorry i wasn’t clear in that bit, 100% agree. I was more meaning he was more a replacement for Marciano from the team that finished 3rd.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    I’ve not seen zoom call but why were these points you sent to him not addressed during the call? I’m assuming you had a good hour to put these thoughts to Ron during the call? What was behind decision to wait and send a pack?
    There was a good amount of people on the call who all had questions to ask, I’m sure Ron invited the pack to be sent and the Longbangers guys ran a discussion based around that on a podcast

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    There was a good amount of people on the call who all had questions to ask, I’m sure Ron invited the pack to be sent and the Longbangers guys ran a discussion based around that on a podcast
    I'm sure it wasn't even on the most recent interview, it think it was before the new manager was even appointed.

I’m liking some of the posts on this thread and I applaud the OP for starting it in spite of the usual trolls piling in with their relentless negativity and cheap one-liners.

What I’ve started to notice is how these usual suspects adopt a high moral position of being ‘the voice of the fans’ despite showing their hand on occasion that they don’t know the streets around the stadium or much about the match they were supposed to be at 😂

What we are seeing instead from our more loyal supporters is detailed analysis of transfers, putting forward structural proposals and showing a balanced view of the managers we’ve had versus the poor recruitment we’ve carried out.

This latter supporter is the type who were headhunted by the Let’s Work Together initiative back during the bad old days 10-8 years ago which lobbied for a CEO (Leeann) and DOF. The fans stepped forward when the club needed an injection of energy, ideas and unity.

Maybe it’s time to get the band back together?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    I’ve not seen zoom call but why were these points you sent to him not addressed during the call? I’m assuming you had a good hour to put these thoughts to Ron during the call? What was behind decision to wait and send a pack?
    They were, and we took it further afterwards. He disagreed and asked us to follow up, iirc
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Your memory is better than mine! :

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I appreciate that, that takes a bit of balls when you’re being offered access like that. 👍
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    I’m liking some of the posts on this thread and I applaud the OP for starting it in spite of the usual trolls piling in with their relentless negativity and cheap one-liners.

What I’ve started to notice is how these usual suspects adopt a high moral position of being ‘the voice of the fans’ despite showing their hand on occasion that they don’t know the streets around the stadium or much about the match they were supposed to be at 😂

What we are seeing instead from our more loyal supporters is detailed analysis of transfers, putting forward structural proposals and showing a balanced view of the managers we’ve had versus the poor recruitment we’ve carried out.

This latter supporter is the type who were headhunted by the Let’s Work Together initiative back during the bad old days 10-8 years ago which lobbied for a CEO (Leeann) and DOF. The fans stepped forward when the club needed an injection of energy, ideas and unity.

Maybe it’s time to get the band back together?
    I have a feeling the offer would be declined, but I don't think it's a bad idea.

Left by mutual consent!
    Excuse me, just back from the pub, so a few pints in.
    The team is *****, paper over how many cracks you want. We were lucky to get 2 points against Hearts and Rangers!
    If it wasn't for their ***** finishing, we would have been long gone before added on time.
    The club needs to take a step beck an look at priorities.
    I dont care about the B team recruitment. I want results on the pitch, and this shower of ****, ain't providing it.
    Proven players in this league, not someone from English League 2 who show potential in 2 years time.
    Up to you Ian!

Sent from my JNY-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by donno; 29-08-2022 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donno View Post
    Excuse me, just back from the pub, so a few pints in.
    The team is *****, paper over how many cracks you want. We were lucky to get 2 points against Hearts and Rangers!
    If it wasn't for their ***** finishing, we would have been long gone before added on time.
    The club needs to take a step beck an look at priorities.
    I dont care about the B team recruitment. I want results on the pitch, and this shower of ****, ain't providing it.
    Proven players in this league, not someone from English League 2 who show potential in 2 years time.
    Up to you Ian!

Hearts were not better than us over the whole match, they did not deserve to win the game, nor did we so a draw was a fair result.

Neither did Rangers deserve 3 points. We were denied a penalty on when Tavernier pulled down Bushuri. Colak cheated to get a penalty. Arguably we should have been 1-0 up at half-time not 1-0 down. How the ****** is that lucky? Boyle scored early in the 2nd half which could have been to put us 2-0 up but because of Collum's incompetence it was only to draw level.

By all means be critical of the team, recruitment etc but to say we were lucky against Hearts and Rangers and suggest we didn't deserve anything from those game is BS.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Hearts were not better than us over the whole match, they did not deserve to win the game, nor did we so a draw was a fair result.

Neither did Rangers deserve 3 points. We were denied a penalty on when Tavernier pulled down Bushuri. Colak cheated to get a penalty. Arguably we should have been 1-0 up at half-time not 1-0 down. How the ****** is that lucky? Boyle scored early in the 2nd half which could have been to put us 2-0 up but because of Collum's incompetence it was only to draw level.

By all means be critical of the team, recruitment etc but to say we were lucky against Hearts and Rangers and suggest we didn't deserve anything from those game is BS.
    Take the green tinted gasses off. Hearts should have been 3 up before we scored. Only **** finishing preserved us. They were on top for 80 minutes.
    Yes, it was a penalty against the huns , but we just were playing catchup until the sending offs.
    If any hibs supporter thinks that they were not lucky points, then you are more misguided than me.
    FFS, we have got 5 lucky points, if not, we would be joint bottom.
    It's time to realise we are bottom 6 at best, if not relegation material.
    ****, I never ever wanted to say that, but unless we get experienced professionals in that's where we will be.

Quote Originally Posted by donno View Post
    Take the green tinted gasses off. Hearts should have been 3 up before we scored. Only **** finishing preserved us. They were on top for 80 minutes.
    Yes, it was a penalty against the huns , but we just were playing catchup until the sending offs.
    If any hibs supporter thinks that they were not lucky points, then you are more misguided than me.
    FFS, we have got 5 lucky points, if not, we would be joint bottom.
    It's time to realise we are bottom 6 at best, if not relegation material.
    ****, I never ever wanted to say that, but unless we get experienced professionals in that's where we will be.

So ***** finishing by them means they desevered to win?
    What about the chances we missed in the 1st half? We could have been 1-0 up but no doubt you'll use that as an example of why we didn't deserve anything from the game but their poor finishing also means we didn't deserve anything. Think about what you are saying, if they'd been better then they'd have won. You've been taken in by Robbie Neilsen's (or other Jambo's) spin if you believe they were on top for 80 minutes.

As for playing catch up against Rangers, they had 2 shots on target, one of which was a cheated for penalty.

I've not got green tinted glasses on, I'm not saying we're great, I'm just saying we've deserved the points. You've obviously got an unbalanced view on things FFS you even think St Johnstone deserved to beat us. How were those points lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by john rossi View Post
    We are heading for relegation Dundee mark 2 unfortunately,out with Dundee united we have the worst squad in the premier leauge. I doubt Lee Johnson is happy with what he has at his disposal and listening to his interview might jump ship before Ron fires yet another manager?
    I definitely don't think we have the 2nd worst squad. With everyone fit I'd say we're at worst the 5th best. Magennis, Nisbet, Marshall, Boyle, cadden and when he's focused Porteous are all very good players in this league. Far better than st Johnsone, United, Kilmarnock, livi etc have. It's about getting them fit and playing well together.

I really don't think we'll be relegated but there's every chance were bottom 6 again. Although 6 points from the next 2, which is very possible, would have us looking right up.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I definitely don't think we have the 2nd worst squad. With everyone fit I'd say we're at worst the 5th best. Magennis, Nisbet, Marshall, Boyle, cadden and when he's focused Porteous are all very good players in this league. Far better than st Johnsone, United, Kilmarnock, livi etc have. It's about getting them fit and playing well together.

I really don't think we'll be relegated but there's every chance were bottom 6 again. Although 6 points from the next 2, which is very possible, would have us looking right up.
    Yes would could get 6 from the next 2 games, unfortunately with this team we could also get zero.

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Yes would could get 6 from the next 2 games, unfortunately with this team we could also get zero.
    With any team we could get zero. That's Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

I wouldn’t argue that with everyone fit we’re much stronger, however…

What is the likelihood of Magennis ever being fit and contributing the way he did at the start of last season? I’d say slim to none. He’d be a massive asset to any team outwith the OF but I think we’ve got to the stage where he should effectively be written off.

Nisbet struggled badly with these very players around him in this formation under Ross. What makes you think that he’s going to come back from a very bad injury and do better under Johnson?

I accept that there are some useful pieces of the jigsaw - I just don’t think we can count on any of the long term injured coming back and improving us much. We need to recruit the same 3 players we needed to recruit a year ago and until we do we’ll carry on in the same bottom 3 form that we have done since Magennis got injured.

4 league wins this calendar year says it all about the state of the current squad. That is absolutely nowhere near good enough and most of the same players are still starting every week.

Thought there was a bit of light this morning when I saw a headline in the Metro 'Ron on his way'.

Turns out it is Ronaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Thought there was a bit of light this morning when I saw a headline in the Metro 'Ron on his way'.

Turns out it is Ronaldo.
    Incessant

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    4 league wins this calendar year says it all about the state of the current squad. That is absolutely nowhere near good enough and most of the same players are still starting every week.
    Same amount of wins that Jack Ross has, had all year and he got binned.