hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I’m a bit confused as to taking Campbell off today. He was busting a gut to try to get to things and getting forward.

Individually the three are decent players but don’t work together.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Newell, Hayes and Campbell are too similar in style to play with each other, it doesnt work and hasnt for long enough, its an area that needs changed and has for long enough.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worrying that the midfield were probably among our better players today. Back 4 and forwards woeful.
    Because Newell had one shot presumably.

We’ll ignore the hopeless amount of crosses into the box that met no one, the boring sideways passing that went nowhere & the pointless booking in a nothing area of the park.

I would genuinely love for you to explain what it is you see in any of our midfield because I just plainly do not get it.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    When I read we had almost 70% possession and only 1 shot on target it tells me we need more than just a midfield. That statistic is ridiculous.
    You're quite right it is ridiculous that we have no creative players able to play a killer pass and we also have a statuesque centre forward (Doidge) who wouldn't get on the end of a decent pass if his life depended on it.

Our midfield has no creation, up front we have no threat apart from Boyle but he was marked tightly today and that was our only chance gone.
    Melkerson and Henderson both look like wee lost boys playing against men and both are continually brushed off the ball by streetwise journeyman players in our tough league.

Its sad that we've became such a poor team so quickly but there's no doubts after defeats to Livi and St Mirren that we have.

GGTTH
    Last edited by Eaststand; 27-08-2022 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    You're quite right it is ridiculous that we have no creative players able to play a killer pass and we also have a statuesque centre forward (Doidge) who wouldn't get on the end of a decent pass if his life depended on it.

Our midfield has no creation, up front we have no threat apart from Boyle but he was marked tightly today and that was our only chance gone.
    Melkerson and Henderson both look like wee lost boys playing against men and both are continually brushed off the ball by streetwise journeyman players in our tough league.

Its sad that we've became such a poor team so quickly but there's no doubts after defeats to Livi and St Mirren that we have.

GGTTH
    We have not become a poor team quickly, this has been a slow, long drawn out process, full of semi-talented players when we need some really talented players, quality players.
    Right now I would go out and bring in Dylan McGeouch for starters, then a good big centre half, followed by someone who can score goals, start building from a good solid base, not a sand pit.

Worrying that the midfield were probably among our better players today. Back 4 and forwards woeful.
    You’re at it again. Please stop this. You just can’t help yourself. Being better when the whole lot are poor is not good enough. Set your sights a bit higher and stop settling for slightly better than poor.
    Last edited by Badge; 27-08-2022 at 05:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Newell, just GTF.

Where is Dylan Tait? Just give him a try.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    The Three Stooges in midfield are horrific. Seriously, they are Championship level at best and all of them need replacing.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Newell, just GTF.

It's a strange one, I had assumed that perhaps he doesn't show much in training - but on the basis that Newell hardly shows on the pitch then surely Tait is worth a shot (and by that I mean a run not just 30 mins)

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Newell, just GTF.

My neighbour is a Raith fan.

Said Tait had a bit of an attitude there. Good player but had a few people in his ear telling him he was better than he is.

Tbh I'd kill for a player with a bit of cockiness about him right now so not a huge problem for me. If there is anything in it I can see why a manager might not be keen to throw him in though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    My neighbour is a Raith fan.

Said Tait had a bit of an attitude there. Good player but had a few people in his ear telling him he was better than he is.

Tbh I'd kill for a player with a bit of cockiness about him right now so not a huge problem for me. If there is anything in it I can see why a manager might not be keen to throw him in though.
    Attitude is what this side needs

Have to give Tait a shot.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    When I read we had almost 70% possession and only 1 shot on target it tells me we need more than just a midfield. That statistic is ridiculous.
    Because we pass it around the back or up the wing but the middle of the park is a black hole, the other team just closes down our wings and that’s it. The amount of crosses we put in that amount to nothing is also criminal, too high, too fast, too long or just wayward nowhere near anyone.

My thoughts on today that Campbell tried a few times to play a cutting ball through and a little energy but not involved enough.

Newell again not much going forward for 90 mins with a lot of keeping it safe and passing it on which is fine if you have someone else who can create something through the central area but we don't so we need to see more attacking from Joe week in week out.

JDH fine again when he was on the ball but again just not involved enough in the game.

We seen last season how much our midfield was dominated most weeks last season and it has happened a lot this season.

It's so slow passing around the back and then out wide because we don't have anyone in the centre, we was hoping Henderson would be that guy and he started really well pre season and league cup but has not had the best of 2/3 games lately.

Mcgeady could play that AM role but would he be fit for a lot of the season? LJ needs to bring someone in next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Badge View Post
    You’re at it again. Please stop this. You just can’t help yourself. Being better when the whole lot are poor is not good enough. Set your sights a bit higher and stop settling for slightly better than poor.
    To be fair I don’t think anybody is at it. It’s more stubbornness and wanting to be right.

People that claimed Newell would walk into any team outside the old firm, and Doidge is better than Shankland, don’t want to back down.

I think it’s human nature during a tough time.

I didn't say they were good enough. Try reading my posts pal.

Whole team was awful. Why aren't there threads for Youan and Cabraja? Both were absolutely ***** today. Far worse than Newell.

Whole team was awful. Why aren't there threads for Youan and Cabraja? Both were absolutely ***** today. Far worse than Newell.
    Probably because the two players you have mentioned have played a handful of games and tbh looked decent in a few of them.

I see on twitter Mcgeady was watching Celtic B today rather then watch Hibs.

Poor.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post

Poor.
    McGeady has turned out to be a really poor signing . His injury will keep him out to around Xmas ..even then no guarantee he will recover fully ..he will be on one of our higher wages too. Disaster for us …

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy

Poor.
    Poor if true. Stinking attitude. Par for the course at Hibs though.

Youan and Cabraja haven't been producing the same crap for well over a year.

If they do then there'll be plenty of threads about them too.

Left by mutual consent!

Poor.
    Better than sitting in a boozer with Magennis, Nisbet & Tait.

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Midfield dictate the tempo in which we play,these guys are far too slow and ponderous.
    We always look better when we play at a higher tempo,absolutely critical that we get improvements in there and get the ball into our forward players quicker and utilise the obvious pace we have upfront instead of pointless balls into their feet

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    Better than sitting in a boozer with Magennis, Nisbet & Tait.
    With his team just along the road it suggests he doesn’t feel a lot of love and connection with Hibs ..

Youan has probably created more in his first month here than Newell has in his 3 years. You defend Nisbet after the loss of his father but are showing no sympathy for Cabraja.

Youan has probably created more in his first month here than Newell has in his 3 years. You defend Nisbet after the loss of his father but are showing no sympathy for Cabraja.
    I defended Nisbet saying he didn't down tools. I'm not having a go at Cabrajas attitude like folk were with Nisbet. He just played dreadfully.

That's not true about Newell. Youan was really dreadful today. And at livi. Ridiculous no one will say it because he's new. He was pish in both our league defeats.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    With his team just along the road it suggests he doesn’t feel a lot of love and connection with Hibs ..
    I think that goes without saying. He’s a Celtic man thru & thru. I don’t think he hides that fact. As previously stated on this post, he was and is a poor signing. Injured most of last season and likely to be injured most of this season unfortunately.

I’ve defended Newell to the hilt but some of the basic mistakes from him and Doidge today in particular just had me wanting to leave early. A terrible performance from the whole team and 1-0 flattered us.

Newell is the route cause of our midfield problems for seasons now. He’s not good enough, he ups his performances for say 1 in 6 games usually against rangers/Celtic then becomes oblivious and useless for games against Ross county etc. You can’t afford to have players like that starting every week. But come that 1 good game he has you’ll have half this board raving about how great he is. He needs replaced and if nobody can see this then we will continue being bottom 6 for the next few years of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by skyehibee View Post
    Newell is the route cause of our midfield problems for seasons now. He’s not good enough, he ups his performances for say 1 in 6 games usually against rangers/Celtic then becomes oblivious and useless for games against Ross county etc. You can’t afford to have players like that starting every week. But come that 1 good game he has you’ll have half this board raving about how great he is. He needs replaced and if nobody can see this then we will continue being bottom 6 for the next few years of his contract.

And yet, he is very rarely our worst midfielder never mind worst player. Replacing Newell is fine, but it's not really making us any better unless we replace a good few others.

Newell nothing like our worst today. Not even close.