Quote Originally Posted by FRes Hibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who else does?
    Mr W. Collum does!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by killie-hibby View Post
    Mr W. Collum does!
    You’ve heard from him since he’s had a chance to watch the replays?

The ref saw it as a lunge not a tackle one of the few things he has got right over the years. The media have now managed to brainwash most into thinking it was harmless, that’s what they do.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    The ref saw it as a lunge not a tackle one of the few things he has got right over the years. The media have now managed to brainwash most into thinking it was harmless, that’s what they do.

I thought it was a soft red card but don’t understand how it was overturned on appeal. Even if we had VAR, surely the ref is allowed to back his own judgement on this?

First Team Breakthrough Ralphy C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I thought it was a soft red card but don’t understand how it was overturned on appeal. Even if we had VAR, surely the ref is allowed to back his own judgement on this?
    This

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Agree, I’m all for tackling an opponent but that was not the case, I’m afraid VAR will be manipulated to suit certain teams, it’s only good for offside decisions in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    Agree, I’m all for tackling an opponent but that was not the case, I’m afraid VAR will be manipulated to suit certain teams, it’s only good for offside decisions in my opinion.
    Exactly. Every decision is open to interpretation. If the hack at boyle is now a yellow teams now know they are safe to stop him by any means. The games is finished if we go back to 70s and allow thuggery as thats what it is. To think ryan got sent off when not even making contact. Var will be used to the bigot bros benefit and we can look forward to just as many bewildering decisions in their favour.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Exactly. Every decision is open to interpretation. If the hack at boyle is now a yellow teams now know they are safe to stop him by any means. The games is finished if we go back to 70s and allow thuggery as thats what it is. To think ryan got sent off when not even making contact. Var will be used to the bigot bros benefit and we can look forward to just as many bewildering decisions in their favour.
    They only came to that conclusion ( yellow) because mo damage was done, they'll always find a different angle.