hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZitellZeTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye with him and Dabrowski I've no felt as ease with our goalkeeping situation since we had Makalambay and Szamotulski fighting it out for the jersey !!

Nah he's class, I read he was injured last season before seeing him play for us then got bit worried but he is a class act, reflexes still as good as that game against Barcelona for celtic all those years ago, he was the difference in that game and he's going to be the difference in a lot of close games this season. I liked Marciano better than Macey but I thought Macey was good and people were harsh on him, maybe because we've had so many terrible keepers the last 15 years or so I thought he was better than he was because I think if we still had him there is a good chance the Rangers and Hearts games would have been losses. Not just the key saves and distribution, the players listen to what he says too. Goalkeepers dont make the news really as marquee sigings unless they're going for crazy money but think this might be our important apart from Boyle signing this season.

Macey certainly better than some keepers we’ve had going back 10 years or more, but in reality bang average. Both Rocky and Bogdan were better.

Marshall is an excellent signing and shows what we’ve been missing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Interestingly, one of the preseason videos Hibs posted was of Marshall, who was mic’d up, getting the ball and pinging it out wide left and right with both feet. Clearly something the coaching staff want to do and his passing was spot on.

@hibs.net private member
    I defended Macey last year as I think we as a fan base go overboard with criticism of keepers after the horror run of the 00s. I also think most keepers have poor distribution.

They said Marshall’s is excellent and a massive step up - better than any goalie I remember us having. Also better than the rest of the league with the ball at his feet.

I said during the Derby he was our most creative player, half in jest, but it's more or less true