hibs.net Messageboard

Thats entertainment

One difference, from the last 2 managers, i feel like LJ is trying to entertain us, and for the most part succeeding, a blip at that horrific pitch at livingston.
    But i’m back enjoying games again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Naaa all a bit stale for me these last minute winners and equalisers…

It’s definitely different, isn’t it? I always used to wonder what it was like being one of those teams who scored last minute goals against us.

Pretty ****in good, is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One difference, from the last 2 managers, i feel like LJ is trying to entertain us, and for the most part succeeding, a blip at that horrific pitch at livingston.
    Yeah, he’s certainly braver than either of the previous 2 incumbents

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Naaa all a bit stale for me these last minute winners and equalisers…
    That's fair. We need a couple of players with the right qualities but there's definitely a bit more fight in this team. Players knowing they have to fight for a start in this team is a good start. Players knowing the manager will change things if he doesn't like what he's seeing is also good and will keep them on their toes. This will only work so long if the players coming in and the changes being made aren't working but we play with the cards we've got. We're far from the finished article but there's progress.

The more he’s allowed to shape this team the better it will get.
    Obviously boyler coming back has given us a real shot in the arm,you can see a real game plan in place,he’s measured but in charge and clearly not going to fear changing the shape if he sees it’s not working or could be better.

I like it personally.I hummed and hawed when we appointed him but he’s got the ability to do well for us.

Needs to avoid key injuries with squad we have so let’s hope he’s proved himself enough to Ian and Ben also Ron to allow another dip in the market for two more ready to come in and add to what we have.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    We need to get new words to that song. The ones that were in a 3/4 years ago have long gone

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    For too long watching Hibs was becoming predictable and pretty boring. One dimensional football that rarely got you out you seat.

I’m enjoying going to games at present and get the sense we will have many more enjoyable afternoons. Will be some howlers along the way no doubt, but we are definitely seeing some entertainment.

@hibs.net private member
    I bet you there is at least one hibs fan out there, maybe more who left before the winner v St Johnstone, the equilzer v hearts, said **** it Im staying until the end v Livvy and today after Livvy said **** it Im leaving early again, thats entertainment 🤣

The players seem to be playing for him and that's half the battle. I'm not sure the same was true of his 2 predecessors towards the end of their respective reigns.

Ultimately goals change games and change the way we view games. 2 points from Hearts and Rangers could have been 0 and we would be having conversations with a very different tone. Those late goals positively alter the whole view of the performance though and that's fine. A games lasts until the final whistle blows and if Johnson has them playing to the end then it doesn't really matter when the goals come.

I don't think anyone is blind to the issues we still have albeit some are more willing to put a positive spin on it. Johnson himself has come out today and essentially demanded the club deliver him 2 players ready to go straight into the 1st team. If that doesn't happen we look every inch a mid table team.

However there is something about Johnson I like. I'm often left wondering what game a manager watched when they are interviewed but Johnson usually says things that I recognise, today being no exception. He's got the potential to be a good appointment for us and for the 1st time in a long while I'm enjoying going to games again (whilst accepting we aren't a great side). It's up to the club to get him what he needs to kick us on and into the mix for European places.

@hibs.net private member
    I really like LJ. He said in his after match interview words to the effect of he changed it because we weren't on the front foot and I can't say it and not do it. That gives me great hope as if players are not doing as instructed then they will get taken off. I actually think his tactical change made us worse but I like that he is acting rather than hoping it will work out. If he gets time he could do well and you only have to look at how Heck is doing to see that good managers sometimes have poor spells.

was a good game nobody deserved to lose, had a bit of everything

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    the second half at livvy was entertaining… until their goal.

what we haven’t had yet is a complete 90 minute performance. When it comes someone could be on the end of a hiding

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    I bet you there is at least one hibs fan out there, maybe more who left before the winner v St Johnstone, the equilzer v hearts, said **** it Im staying until the end v Livvy and today after Livvy said **** it Im leaving early again, thats entertainment 🤣
    I know of one , he'll never learn