hibs.net Messageboard

A big thanks for Saturday

I feel that I have to give this a mention as not all football fans get good reviews on social media.

After watching Hibs go down 2-1 to Livingston on Saturday I made my way to Livingston North train station to make my way back to Edinburgh. Took about 25 minutes to get there from the stadium and I arrived just as the train was about to leave for the capital. When I arrived there earlier in the day there was someone from Scotrail to provide a ramp to get me off the train. This time there was nobody from Scotrail except the driver in the train.

As I said, the train was about to leave and with there being no ramp I was going nowhere. That's until a bunch of hibs supporters decided to keep the train doors from closing and the train departing. Two were keeping the doors open while four of them lifted me and my electric wheelchair on the train. The combined weight of me and my chair is 182K. That's the equivalent of two fully grown men and ten bags of 2K potatoes. What do you mean who ate all the pies! It's not a thing you would advise but it got me on the train. Arrived in Edinburgh and, although it took the staff fifteen minutes to organise, I was safely ramped off the train.

So a big thanks to the Hibs fans who said that there was no way they were leaving me behind.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

👍 good guys, whoever they were.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel that I have to give this a mention as not all football fans get good reviews on social media.

After watching Hibs go down 2-1 to Livingston on Saturday I made my way to Livingston North train station to make my way back to Edinburgh. Took about 25 minutes to get there from the stadium and I arrived just as the train was about to leave for the capital. When I arrived there earlier in the day there was someone from Scotrail to provide a ramp to get me off the train. This time there was nobody from Scotrail except the driver in the train.

As I said, the train was about to leave and with there being no ramp I was going nowhere. That's until a bunch of hibs supporters decided to keep the train doors from closing and the train departing. Two were keeping the doors open while four of them lifted me and my electric wheelchair on the train. The combined weight of me and my chair is 182K. That's the equivalent of two fully grown men and ten bags of 2K potatoes. What do you mean who ate all the pies! It's not a thing you would advise but it got me on the train. Arrived in Edinburgh and, although it took the staff fifteen minutes to organise, I was safely ramped off the train.

So a big thanks to the Hibs fans who said that there was no way they were leaving me behind.

GGTTH
    Great to hear, well done the guys who got you on !

@hibs.net private member
    Well done Hibees.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Well done Hibees.
    Whomever you are hero's

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

GGTTH
    Fantastic and I would expect no less from fellow Hibs fans. 10/10
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

'Hibs fans delay train and manhandle gentleman in wheelchair' - The Daily Record.

Well done to all involved.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    'Hibs fans delay train and manhandle gentleman in wheelchair' - The Daily Record.

Well done to all involved.
    Brilliant.

Good to hear, sadly having problems getting on the train in the first place as a wheelchair user is an all too familiar experience in this country.