hibs.net Messageboard

(NHC) All or Nothing - Arsenal

I've just started watching this and really enjoying it so far. The set up they have structurally looks amazing. The owners son one of the high heid yins, ***** start to the season. It's like looking in a mirror🤣🤣🤣

Tierney comes across as a likeable chap and seems to have been through a lot emotionally with four friends having suicided

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Did we make an appearance or did they miss that embarrassing bit out?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did we make an appearance or did they miss that embarrassing bit out?
    missed that bit out

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    We've been watching it too. Arteta comes across as if he's just been on some generic introduction to leadership course and is trying to recreate some of the group exercises in his team talks. The hand rubbing nonsense was cringeworthy.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Love when Arteta does his hard man act

About as scary as when he played in the Hun midfield

Pretty sure he dyes his hair

Interesting insight into the Aubameyang affair

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mvteng View Post
    missed that bit out
    Pre-season friendly.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Love when Arteta does his hard man act

About as scary as when he played in the Hun midfield

Pretty sure he dyes his hair

Interesting insight into the Aubameyang affair
    He’s pretty decent at art. Always find these documentaries quite fascinating to see what happens behind the scenes. On the final episode now
    Last edited by JamesHFC; 18-08-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    We've been watching it too. Arteta comes across as if he's just been on some generic introduction to leadership course and is trying to recreate some of the group exercises in his team talks. The hand rubbing nonsense was cringeworthy.
    And yet, it's working.

I watched a couple yesterday. Watching Artetas ethos was the interesting bit, and the match footage was much better than the recent Juve and Sunderland documentaries. The editing was designed to show hipster billionaire Kroenke in the best light possible, which I found annoying.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    And yet, it's working.
    He’s spent a lot of money. If they don’t make top 4 this season, is it working?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Bit early to say its working I would have thought. The way they blew up at the end of last season will be worrying however will be happy United look so poor at present.

Arteta is lego man.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Yes. Very young side and much better than we he took over. Spent a lot yes but also moved on many many high earners which will save them millions.

They're still miles behind City and Liverpool but when they have their first eleven out are a match for anybody, unfortunately injuries to key players always set them back ( Partey and Tierney) and they still have defensive frailties and have to play the likes of Cedric and Holding. It will be an interesting battle between them Spurs and Chelsea.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Pre-season friendly.
    Cameras were there I seem to recall.

Enjoying it.

Tierney comes across as a sensible, grounded laddie whose seen a lot of tragedy around him and seems to appreciate what he's got. Some of the others don't come across too badly and certainly not as bad as McGeady came across in the Sunderland one :)

Always interesting to see these top-flight managers' motivational spiels. I think Areteta comes across as the type of guy you'd want to play for although a lot of his motivational speeches have a distinct touch of the David Brent about them. . On the other hand, I was surprised how Mourinho came across as more or less like a radge Maybury league manager but with a Portuguese accent.

I'd take either at Hibs of course if we could ever afford them and if LJ wasn't in the Hibs hot seat

Thought Hibs would be in it. Not interested in the rest. One episode would have done me.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    They're still miles behind City and Liverpool but when they have their first eleven out are a match for anybody, unfortunately injuries to key players always set them back ( Partey and Tierney) and they still have defensive frailties and have to play the likes of Cedric and Holding. It will be an interesting battle between them Spurs and Chelsea.
    Cedric was an unused sub in the first game this season and hasn't been in the squad since. He is third-choice RB (fourth if you count Bellerin!) and there are very few teams who can say their third pick in that position has more than thirty caps for Portugal.

Holding makes the bench usually but he is at best, fourth choice when they play four at the back, possibly fifth choice. And in a back three, he would be fifth choice at best, possibly sixth choice. And he's still got what must be pushing on for 100 games for the club and a couple of FA Cup winning finals under his belt - so, not bad for fringe squad players really.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars