hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Signings

The Signings

Apart from Boyle which one are you excited about?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kenneh, Youan, Bojang, Cabraja, McGeady will all show their worth this season

@hibs.net private member
    Youan.

I think Marshall will be our best signing other than Boyle but I’d find it hard to be excited about a keeper!

First Team Breakthrough
    Youan, Mitchell and obviously Boyle

That front 3 is so pacy and could cause teams alot of problems

Quote Originally Posted by OldEast View Post
    Kenneh, Youan, Bojang, Cabraja, McGeady will all show their worth this season
    I don't think Bojang will make much of an impression but I agree with the others. Injury may stop McGeady, and I'd also add Marshall to the list, who I really like.

Bojang and the others I'm still looking forward to seeing, ideally not so much this season as I don't think they're ready.

Beyond this season - Bradley, Melkerson, Tavares, Bojang, Delferriere, McClelland - all of these players I could see developing and becoming a big part of a very good Hibs team. They'll need management though.

I don't so much have an issue with the players we're brought in but the number we left ourselves needing to bring in, and the number of first team ready players we brought in.

Youan has shown so far he will be a good signing in my opinion with a lot of pace and power and also skillful.

Cabraja likes to whip a ball in and also looks like he has good energy, while not at his best last Saturday I still have high hopes for him.

Marshall runs Boyle a close second as our best signing.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Daft View Post
    Youan, Mitchell and obviously Boyle

That front 3 is so pacy and could cause teams alot of problems
    Mitchell?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Boyle, Marshall, Kenneh, Youan, Cabraja all seem like very good signings to me and likely big improvements. Boyle and Youan have already 3 goal involvements.

I hope Tavares gets the chance to come good, I like the look of Bojang and would like to see him get some time on the pitch that isn't just the last few minutes of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Mitchell?
    Glad I’m not the only one.

First Team Breakthrough
    Demitri Mitchell hes been injured since he arrived 😆

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Apart from Boyle, Marshall is the obvious one. Arguably our best signing including Boyle. Like a few other keepers in the league he will show his worth over the season and will pitch in getting us points that we'd have possibly dropped in previous years. I know calling a goal keeper exciting may be a bit much, but he's going to be hughely influential across the season if he stays fit. There's a reason why he's the new captain.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    Every single one of them. Obviously you don’t think so or you wouldn’t have asked a question that has been asked more than once on other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Boyle, Marshall, Kenneh, Youan, Cabraja all seem like very good signings to me and likely big improvements. Boyle and Youan have already 3 goal involvements.

I hope Tavares gets the chance to come good, I like the look of Bojang and would like to see him get some time on the pitch that isn't just the last few minutes of a game.
    Agree with those, think Kenneh will need more bedding in time though due to not having played first team football before. Marshall instantly put us back having one of the top 4 keepers in the league, and will be worth a lot of points this season (like Gordon is to Hearts).

Don't think Tavares, Bojang, or McGeady will be successes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Every single one of them. Obviously you don’t think so or you wouldn’t have asked a question that has been asked more than once on other threads.
    Should have said hopeful about rather than excited.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Unsurprisingly the ones that have actually played at a decent level and over a period of time.

Marshall
    Boyle
    Cabraja
    Youan
    McGeady

Kenneh to a lesser extent

@hibs.net private member phoenixfire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Unsurprisingly the ones that have actually played at a decent level and over a period of time.

Marshall
    Boyle
    Cabraja
    Youan
    McGeady

Kenneh to a lesser extent
    Merkleson will be a good signing and think delferriere has looked really good anytime I've seen him too!

@hibs.net private member
    Marshall and Boyle most important but no resell so we need results to make their wages pay. Kenneh and Melkerson I think will make it so a chance of some good money and performances in the years to come. Youan could be excellent but I think he is just a loan. I don't think Taveres, Mitchell and McGeady will be anything more than bit part players either for their quality or through injury and availability. Cabraja should be good but I'm not seeing it yet and I have a feeling he will be below what was expected

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Daft View Post
    Demitri Mitchell hes been injured since he arrived 😆
    As confused as everyone else. Also can’t be Mitchell the goalie as he has left!

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Marshall is a fantastic signing, will make a huge difference to us over the course of a season
    Cabraja looks excellent to me for someone who is still bedding in. likes a tackle, looks forward with his passing and delivers a fantastic cross
    Youan looks like a proper fast, skillful forward if we get him in behind and use his pace alongside boyle's he will score goals
    Keneh I'm convinced will get better and better, I just wish he had a proper experienced head alongside him in midfield to mentor him
    Bojang has energy and pace..if we can harness it, he will be an asset
    Boyle obviously it's great to have him back
    Melkerson, I still have a very good feeling about the Melky Bar Kid

Strangely McGeady is the signing that has inspired me the least, mainly because I would have preferred our expensive "old head top level experience" signing to have been in the centre of midfield, orchestrating things and setting the tempo for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Marshall is a fantastic signing, will make a huge difference to us over the course of a season
    Cabraja looks excellent to me for someone who is still bedding in. likes a tackle, looks forward with his passing and delivers a fantastic cross
    Youan looks like a proper fast, skillful forward if we get him in behind and use his pace alongside boyle's he will score goals
    Keneh I'm convinced will get better and better, I just wish he had a proper experienced head alongside him in midfield to mentor him
    Bojang has energy and pace..if we can harness it, he will be an asset
    Boyle obviously it's great to have him back
    Melkerson, I still have a very good feeling about the Melky Bar Kid

Strangely McGeady is the signing that has inspired me the least, mainly because I would have preferred our expensive "old head top level experience" signing to have been in the centre of midfield, orchestrating things and setting the tempo for the game.
    Absolutely agree with your last paragraph!

The McIntyre Brothers new contracts for me. This season will be transitional for the club but I think 2023 will be a big year for them both.
    Last edited by RIP; 16-08-2022 at 10:00 PM.

Boyle
    Cabraja
    Youan
    Marshall
    They 4 are a total upgrade on anything we had.

Kenneh I think will get better as the weeks go on, if we can sign a LCB I'd probably be fairly content with this window, add a midfield playmaker and a proper goalscorer I'll be delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Boyle
    Cabraja
    Youan
    Marshall
    They 4 are a total upgrade on anything we had.

Kenneh I think will get better as the weeks go on, if we can sign a LCB I'd probably be fairly content with this window, add a midfield playmaker and a proper goalscorer I'll be delighted.
    This. Add to Porteous and Cadden and you have the clear makings of a top 4 team. However, if the myriad of other signings stop us bringing in the experienced players through the spine we need then it's going to be another hit and miss season, and we will reflect on another failed, scattergun window overall IMO.

If McGeady gets anywhere near his best he will be the best by a country mile.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    The McIntyre Brothers new contracts for me. This season will be transitional for the club but I think 2023 will be a big year for them both.
    Oscar is a lovely, lovely footballer isn't he? Bit small and slight, but his touch reminds me of Murph. Looks to have great technique as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    I think some of them may have something to offer in time notably Youan and Cabraja in particular, McGeady when fit .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    I’ve heard that Oscar (I think he’s the older one?) is tipped for big big things. Also not really on topic but Jack Brydon being another one. He’s the next ‘Porteous’.