hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ian crocker

Can't stand Crocker as a commentator. Just regurgitates the same lines all the time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? Have they said they are not going to upgrade it. Maybe they couldnt afford all the upgrades in one go. Surely credit is due for beginning the process?
    I've no idea what their plans are but St Mirren and Falkirk have both got improved facilities for their own wheelchair users, and they've been in place for a few years now, whilst away wheelchair users at both venues continue to have inferior facilities so it wouldn't surprise me if Kilmarnock follow a similar path.

I'm not convinced it would impact our crowds. I think the people that attend would choose to and the ones who watch it on TV or iptv would continue to do so

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I've no idea what their plans are but St Mirren and Falkirk have both got improved facilities for their own wheelchair users, and they've been in place for a few years now, whilst away wheelchair users at both venues continue to have inferior facilities so it wouldn't surprise me if Kilmarnock follow a similar path.
    Is that not the same at easter road though? Away wheelchair users only option is pitch level behind the goad which is not covered if it rains at a slight angle. Does that mean the club doesnt deserve praise for the improved facilities in the East?

Is that not the same at easter road though? Away wheelchair users only option is pitch level behind the goad which is not covered if it rains at a slight angle. Does that mean the club doesnt deserve praise for the improved facilities in the East?
    There's also a wheelchair platform in the front row of the upper tier of the south stand.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    I seen a lot of comments from Celtic fans greeting about tickets. The sooner these rodents leave scottish football the better their sense of entitlement is shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    There's also a wheelchair platform in the front row of the upper tier of the south stand.
    I actually didn't know that. I'm guessing that is only an option for the big clubs who get the whole stand?

I actually didn't know that. I'm guessing that is only an option for the big clubs who get the whole stand?
    I'm not sure but it's definitely an option unlike at the clubs I've mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Spfl world wide reaching say 300/400 thousand people at £10 a month that's 3/4 million a month, 36m/48m a year. For live content, for highlights and for classic matches on demand.

Would impact grounds though. Buy hey atleast the spfl wouldn't have to bow to penny's and be their own boss.

"An average of 283, 061 people have tuned into the 13 SPFL games shown live on Sky so far this season."

(https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foo...r-22110542.amp)

That's just in the uk and Ireland alone. World wide you'd get more.

Scottish football is definitely being undersold.

interesting points (not being wide), and whilst I think attendances would be affected, there would also be many fans (taking your pricing as an accurate estimate) who would have a season ticket and subscribe as well, even if it’s just to watch the match back later at their leisure. There’s also possible opportunities to tie up with other sports as a package deal, both in the UK and abroad, which might broaden the subscription numbers further

some counter arguments, off the top of my head, or at least balancing points:
    - there would be overheads to be taken off your numbers, such as infrastructure (cameras, digital storage, means and capability of delivery etc), wages for commentators, cameramen/women, sound people, etc, the cost of production companies, graphics, and more. That list of costs will be lengthy, and even more so as a start up
    - I believe that there’s a legal block still in place for showing games live at 3pm on a Saturday, if this is the case then the same/similar arguments are there to be had for watching games live on tv at awkward times
    - what you've described is a much better version of setanta/itv digital, what safeguards could there be to protect clubs from similar collapses (sky ain’t going anywhere, that money is golden)
    - the more input that clubs get with something like this, the more self centred things will get, just look at the covid relegation carry on, or the fact that we still have an 11-1 voting structure in the top flight, some clubs don’t want to upset the golden geese by doing something to annoy rangers or Celtic
    - how would the money get divvied up? Rangers and Celtic will (rightly) say they are bringing the majority of subscribers, so will (selfishly) demand they get the lions share of the money, and they’ll bring everything they’ve got to bring pressure to bear to get their way through the media, through the spfl board, etc etc
    - what does this concept do for fans that don’t have broadband, or can’t get sufficient speeds to support it? There won’t be a huge number granted, but what message does it send - we’re more interested in seeing the colour of people’s money than making sure everyone can be catered for? Currently, someone who’s housebound or can’t afford to go to matches (season ticket cost, travel, time commitments required) can pay their money to sky who will deal with all the setup and possible issues that having sky in your house without the fan needing to lift a finger
    - what happens if there’s division amongst the clubs on whether we go for this option or with sky? Majority rules, sure, but it could cause a lot of animosity between a lot of clubs, this would be a gamble

lastly, and this is a genuine question, is there any reasonably sized leagues across Europe who have a similar setup for their tv deals? Not with a broadcaster but a self owned and produced broadcasting structure designed to fulfil their specific needs? It’s not a flippant question, I hope there is tbh, as there would mean an opportunity to explore the concept with a working situation rather than having to work it all from scratch

I'm on the fence, I’m not a huge fan of the current way of doing it, although in terms of quality (picture, sound, etc), sky do a good professional job, with the exception of most of their pundits and the old firm centric matches shown. But I also want to make sure that we don’t have the club in a situation like we did 20 or so years ago when we had severe financial issues.

I also wouldn’t be averse to rangers and Celtic sodding off somewhere (literally, anywhere but here), and the idea of a league with certainly less money but one where there’d be somewhere between 3 and 6 teams in with a shout of winning the league or cup every season
    Last edited by McD; 14-08-2022 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Seems to have had quite a long and lucrative career- so others feel he is too.

It was of course only my opinion.
    And mine

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Ian Crocker is a legend. He’s hardly comparable to the numpty he usually sits beside.
    He’s been dining out on 6-2 and “Henderson to deliver” cosying up to the Hibees. all legends have their shelf-life - time for him to exist stage left.

I write this to save others that genuinely hold that view #MonTheLegendTrashers :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Had a friend who entered a competition that the BBC was running for commentators.He said he was shocked how difficult it was to do as they were given a game to commentate on as well as all the interruptions with people giving them instructions in their headphones,also the preparation involved.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    BBC commentator David Begg was one of the best commentators there has been doing Scottish football. This clip of him commentating on the Ibrox Sproule hattrick is tremendous:

(93) Sproule Hat-trick (Crayon) - YouTube

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Aye he is.
    Pantomine season a few months of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    Pantomine season a few months of yet.
    No it's no

He's behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Seems to have had quite a long and lucrative career- so others feel he is too.

It was of course only my opinion.
    So has Rob Maclean and he's rank rotten. I think Crocker is gash too.