hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bojang

Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm doubling down on my new found happy clappy outlook after spending most of last season in a rage!

Seen some stick for Bojang on some other threads so sticking my oar in - I like this kid. That's not to say he'll make it here or he won't, he is very raw and is the epitome of a punt and has it all to prove.

His miss at the end of the Livi game was awful. To miss target on that chance at that stage in the game was criminal. Still - when he was coming on with minutes to go my gut was telling me he would get a chance. He has great movement and real pace. He gets himself in good positions and is very direct. Along with that though he looks miles away from being ready for being 1st choice starting striker. It's my gut feeling only, there's not really been any time to form judgement either way, probably won't be for half a season. In this short time though I like the initial impression of him (woeful miss yesterday not helping matters but can see past it)

Still need an experienced striker playing through the middle, Doidge sadly not cutting it and I really like the big man
    I've tried to look at things more positively and honestly I hope all the recruitments make a mockery of what I've been saying but the evidence suggests that I'll still be in a period of transition ( misery ) as a fan.😡

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    I didn't say it makes no difference, giving you a better chance doesn't mean you will win does it?
    Well, no, it means you'll have a better chance of winning though which is kinda the whole point!!

Our budget is considerably larger than most clubs in the league. That means we should be able to attract better players which should mean winning more.

You said previously that you don't think the squad is our problem. If it's not the players or manager, what is it?

Do you think the poor performances are just down to players needing time to settle?

Is it maybe possible that our squad isn't as good as you think?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Well, no, it means you'll have a better chance of winning though which is kinda the whole point!!

Our budget is considerably larger than most clubs in the league. That means we should be able to attract better players which should mean winning more.

You said previously that you don't think the squad is our problem. If it's not the players or manager, what is it?

Do you think the poor performances are just down to players needing time to settle?

Is it maybe possible that our squad isn't as good as you think?
    I said I don't think the problem is the new players, it's a midfield trio of disaster, Doidge being a shadow of his former self, centre half where we have a will he won't he sign saga with Porto.

If we have a bigger budget than everyone other than Rangers Celtic Hearts Aberdeen, that's great, but it's not going to translate into instant success. It really means we can probably have a squad depth that St Johnstone or St Mirren don't have but it doesn't automatically mean higher level players.