hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today's REF

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The movement Devlin made meant that he would have never have emerged from the situation:
    1. on his feet
    2. with the ball.
    In that case the only option the the defender has in this type of situation is to vacate his position in order not to give a free-kick.
    Or win the header

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    Whilst the ref alone never cost us the game today, it must be said the penalty on hanlon at the corner is as stonewall as it gets. Just where do they find these guys?!
    How often do you see ref’s awarding penalties for fouls against defenders at corners? It’s very rare, it’s an absolute cop out to blow the whistle for a foul to the defending team. All the obstruction, pushing, shirt tugging by Botha sides in these situations and 95% of the time it results in a free kick to the defending team. I hope VAR sorts this out but have my doubts.

[QUOTE=Unseen work;7063640]I don’t have any complaints about him to be honest.

Don’t think we should have got a pen.

Think Cabraja did foul Devlin for the goal. Both went up innocent enough, Devlin got there first and Cabraja has went into him causing him to fall? It’s a foul for me every day of the week.

Edit - Completely forgot about the Hanlon one, looked a pen to me on first viewing as defender dragged him to the ground.[/QUOTE

Don’t know how you can see anything other than a Hibs free kick

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    How often do you see ref’s awarding penalties for fouls against defenders at corners? It’s very rare, it’s an absolute cop out to blow the whistle for a foul to the defending team. All the obstruction, pushing, shirt tugging by Botha sides in these situations and 95% of the time it results in a free kick to the defending team. I hope VAR sorts this out but have my doubts.
    We can but live in hope. Tbh id rather the ref had just given livi a fk rather than award a retake. The ball was in the air when the foul occurred and he didn't blow his whistle till after the goalie punched it. Just mental how hes come to that decision. Clear pen.