hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Tavares isn’t going to make it in Scotland. I actually don’t have an issue with signing him in some ways - we are trying something different for once rathe than going for Tom James’ etc.

We now know categorically that Henderson isn’t a wide player - the important thing is we 100% need to learn from today.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually thought Hanlon and Newell had good games. Fair enough, Hanlon helped give away the first goal, but he's been chucked in due to Rocky's injury.

It's unfair to judge Tavares and Bojang based on their limited time on the pitch so far, Mr Burst.
    I wonder what Neil Lennon would have to say about a first half display like that, prancing around pretending to be professional football players some of them.
    Now, I have not heard what our Mr Lee Johnson has said about that insipid display yet.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Tavares isn’t going to make it in Scotland. I actually don’t have an issue with signing him in some ways - we are trying something different for once rathe than going for Tom James’ etc.

We now know categorically that Henderson isn’t a wide player - the important thing is we 100% need to learn from today.

Not sure Hibs are capable of doing this "learning " thing,recent history suggest it's not our thing .

Tavares, newell, doidge, Hanlon

Simply not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    I wonder what Neil Lennon would have to say about a first half display like that, prancing around pretending to be professional football players some of them.
    Now, I have not heard what our Mr Lee Johnson has said about that insipid display yet.
    He might not have been complimentary but, going by his time at Hibs, I doubt he'd have bothered to find a long-term solution if he knew the celtc job was coming up.
    Last edited by The Tubs; 13-08-2022 at 05:31 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Not sure Hibs are capable of doing this "learning " thing,recent history suggest it's not our thing .
    I agree but we’ve got to, this has to be a pivotal moment in our journey as it’s referred to.

Promising Youngster
    Sorry too old to know how reply to a single message 🙄
    It overall our defence has been crap for years.
    Happy to be shot down in flames for that comment but apart from one season in last 10 it’s been awful defensively

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Think it's pretty clear the message that LJ gave at half time had an impact though. We were like a different team second half and should have scored a few.

Application was much better in 2nd half, and their left wing-back should have walked for a second foul, but we lack a focal point up top and I would seriously consider a bid for Noubile.

He's not the most mobile but the ball sticks to him and gets his team up the pitch, everything that Doidge doesn't do. And no Hibs team at any time whether or not we're a "work in progress" or "in transition" should lose so frequently to that sham of a football club and their carpet remnant pitch.

We got beat 2-1 at Livi whilst Lennon was in charge as well..

Although to answer your question I reckon Lennon would react by having a meltdown, chucking his players under the bus, refuse to do media interviews for the next 3 months, maybe try Chuck a few things at our strikers before ****ing off to his beloved Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    Too many people also don't seem to understand that it's a work in progress.
    I could deal with that if I thought we had addressed the really obvious fundamental problems. But we’re not and much of what we saw today was entirely predictable.

Being a work in progress is no excuse for many aspects of that performance today. Experienced players are letting us down. Hanlon at the first. Doidge at the second.

Just back from Toy Town - false alarm evacuation of the stadium before kick off after the scanners weren't working before we finally got in set the tone for a hideous outing on a bone dry equally hideous pitch and an all too familiar outcome.

There were too many people unable or unwilling to adapt to a surface that is an embarrassment in our so-called top flight. We need to stop this nonsense if we ever want the game in this country to move on. It spoils any chance of free flowing football and it risks players wellbeing- which impacts on how players consciously or subconsciously perform. Today, there would have been more moisture in the Sahara. It's a joke. It's not exactly bringing in the punters either. 3000 odd folk at the game - the vast majority Hibs fans.

Lucky us, Killie are back, too. However, that's another thread altogether.

Rocky being out was a surprise. Assuming he has some injury or was ill. Their big forward whose hype will continue to grow if he keeps running through or over the top of midfielders and centre halves but, I'll be honest, I'd not be overly fussed at watching that every week. Maybe more the fool me for being the purist.

We lost because of individual errors not because Livingston are great. They were more aggressive, direct and hungry in the first half. Even Shinnie had been on the brave pills. By contrast, we looked our customary uncomfortable on the nylon carpet littered in reconstituted tyre pellets. And we looked too light weight. Kenneh was totally owned by Jason Holt - rightly MotM - and Melkerson, Jair and Henderson were three of a number of players who were just lost.

Henderson was to be far more effective in the 2nd half and we were far better for 35 mins of the 2nd half but players need to impact for 90mins not 35mins.

I'm going to be happy to be proven way wrong but Jair and Bojang are lost. One is physically struggling with the demands of our game, the other doesn't look like a football player of any technical ability. His miss in injury time was criminal.

Marshall was solid and had one particularly great save 2nd half. Boyle had them worried when he came on - they immediately doubled up on him - but he's not match fit yet and we need to be patient. Likewise Hanlon. Porto was a mixed bag and seemed to lose his man at the winner but I'll need to see that back. He apologised to the fans at the end. Melkerson was on crutches at the end - another one to add to our Emergency Ward 10 list already. He'd been anonymous prior to going off so injury may explain some of that.

The season is going to be a roller coaster, of that there is no doubt. Some of the really personal vile stuff about players from wee dafties in green Stone Island tee-shirts is uncalled for. But there's a lot of work needed done with this squad. Some are not going to cut the mustard, some will come back and improve things and some will be everything in between.

Buckle up, we're in for a long season...

Bojang got 8 minutes should have scored but done more than doidge,who cost us a point by not picking up the runner at the winner

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    No idea how folk can have an opinion one way or another on Bojang or Tavares based on the very little we’ve seen of them both.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    No idea how folk can have an opinion one way or another on Bojang or Tavares based on the very little we’ve seen of them both.
    Tavares was poor today. Very poor. Like someone who hadn’t ever played 1st team football.

Bojang I agree with, although he did miss a sitter today

Tavares has come from a different style of football in Portugal, we've had these kind of players before and they just can't hack the style of play here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    Too many people also don't seem to understand that it's a work in progress.
    So when exactly are we going to address the glaring problem foe years, the spine of the team? There will be no progress if its not addressed

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Drop Newell and play either Tait or JDH

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs90 View Post
    Newell is an absolute imposter. Get rid.
    I’ve always given him the benefit of the doubt but today was the last straw. At times he was deeper than Kenneh when the centre half’s had the ball. Was blowing out his arse and hiding the whole game. man short. With him and the malnourished looking Henderson in midfield it’s no surprise we lost.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    So when exactly are we going to address the glaring problem foe years, the spine of the team? There will be no progress if its not addressed
    Exactly. This has been work in progress for a while now and nobody in charge of recruitment has been bothered / able to address it

He has played about 5 games for us, including preseason and I am yet to see Taveres win the ball once. Soft

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Can only play for half a game
    Hibeys ????????

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by madsen5 View Post
    Hibeys ????????
    Madsen ??????????

Neil was responsible was plenty of first and second halfs like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Tavares, newell, doidge, Hanlon

Simply not good enough
    Tavares looks like he could be the worst singing since “The Tank”, embarrassing to think he’s our number 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    If we hadn’t brought any players in over the summer, Boyle excluded, would we be any worse off than we are now?
    The recruitment leaves a lot be desired if you ask me.
    It’s horrendous

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Tavares was poor today. Very poor. Like someone who hadn’t ever played 1st team football.

Bojang I agree with, although he did miss a sitter today

I cant help but think that he looks like he won a raffle or something.. He looks miles away from playing at this level. And that is being kind to him

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    I disagree.. You can clearly see , in the few games he has played that tavares is nowhere near this level. Yet the likes of dan mackay are papped out on loan as they are not deemed ready. Our whole recruitment policy and strategy around developing our players is all wrong ..

LJ has referred a few times Tavares needs time - he hasn’t even played in front of crowds etc

Too many players in our squad I still think are just not good enough or under the category of let’s hope they really kick on a level and sell on for a few quid. Scatter-gun signings of under 23 players is quite scary

Bojang
    Tavares
    McClelland
    Henderson
    Miller
    Rocky

All of the above for me requiring time ….

Ultimately we don’t have time, season started and we need results

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    LJ has referred a few times Tavares needs time - he hasn’t even played in front of crowds etc

Too many players in our squad I still think are just not good enough or under the category of let’s hope they really kick on a level and sell on for a few quid. Scatter-gun signings of under 23 players is quite scary

Bojang
    Tavares
    McClelland
    Henderson
    Miller
    Rocky

All of the above for me requiring time ….

Ultimately we don’t have time, season started and we need results
    So if any of the above make it, what's the plan after that? Sign another clutch of players with promise and hope one of them makes us a few quid?

This rinse and repeat scattergun approach to recruiment is simply not good enough for Hibs.