hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby's Cinema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is the threshold for the season ticket re-sale option to become available do we know? Is it only if/ once it sells out?
    You can give up your seat for any game if you contact the ticket office, the only difference is that you get half the resale if the game has sold out but nothing if it is not sold out

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    priorities!

If you don't mind me asking, are you still together?
    22 years and counting. In my defence, I had been running about doing stuff for her the previous day, and the doctor had given her a sedative so she slept the whole day.

Sent from my JNY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Was wanting to go to this but wasn't aware of the rule of needing to be a member for 12 months to purchase tickets to Rangers, Celtic and Hearts matches.
    Frustrating given the seats remaining and the fact that I've been to 3 matches in the last 8 months. I get why it's there but they could maybe lower the requirements a bit.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Do we know if Boyle’s signing gave a huge boost to ST sales?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by sloth125 View Post
    Was wanting to go to this but wasn't aware of the rule of needing to be a member for 12 months to purchase tickets to Rangers, Celtic and Hearts matches.
    Frustrating given the seats remaining and the fact that I've been to 3 matches in the last 8 months. I get why it's there but they could maybe lower the requirements a bit.
    You must surely know a Hibs fan that can buy you a ticket?

Doesn’t look like it’ll sell out, but looks like it’ll at least be busy. Hopefully there’s a wee boost this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Do we know if Boyle’s signing gave a huge boost to ST sales?
    No we don’t Would imagine we will get new total after this weekends game

It would be nice if we can get it just below 1700. 🙄

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I absolutely agree on your opinion on what following a club should be, I will be there on Saturday as usual. But I was absolutely gutted about yesterday's result, I had seriously hoped the feel good factor from last Sunday would carry over into a good and winning performance at Livvie ... at least a draw anyway.

Instead by all accounts, including the manager's, what we got was a first half of dazzling ineptitude in which we failed to compete with the one team out of 12 in this league absolutely everybody knows you must give 100% effort against, because that's what you will get from them. After an apparent roasting from the manager we then come out and have a far better second half, but still lose the game on the back of what was by all accounts criminal defending and a forward who missed an absolute sitter.

The result is what could have been a good start to the season with two wins and a draw, or at least a solid start with a win and two draws, has turned into same old same old with Hibs following up a result against Hearts, which though only a draw was achieved in a way that made everybody feel great, with a sub standard performance against the financially poorest and worst supported club in the league.

The point here is that it doesn't matter what me and you think fans attitude to 'supporting' their club should be, the absolute fact is that if we want to sell out games against the likes of Rangers or Celtic the walk up fans being asked to fork out £33 for a bog standard league game need to have at least a wee bit of belief that the team can put in a performance that will give us the chance of a win or a draw .... losing at Livvi just doesn't do that.

Right there is the correlation between performances on the pitch and the club making money or not .... if that result has put 1000 adults off attending a game they might have if we had won yesterday, not an unreasonable presumption, then at a stroke it has cost the club a minimum of £33,000 .... when you look at that it makes spending money on the CH and midfield player everybody apart from the folk running the club acknowledges we desperately need seem like a sensible use of the club's resources.
    Totally brainstorming here, what would the difficulty be for the club to propose variable pricing depending upon the demand, which depends directly upon our win ratio? I.e if our win per matches played ratio is dropping, the walk up price drops. If we are on a winning streak the prices go up. The issue might be how this translates to season ticket pricing but at least like this we might be able to encourage more fans to come along to support the team, even when we’re being a bit rubbish. I’ll go back to my beer now

So, no gonna be a sell out then.

Never mind, maybe next time, after we go on our long winning streak.

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    West - 648
    east - 332
    ff - 869
    total - 1849

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    So, no gonna be a sell out then.

Never mind, maybe next time, after we go on our long winning streak.
    Considering our record against them at ER it’s a miracle anyone wants to go

Maybe we are all hoping the law of averages kicks in and if the BBC are to be believed we record our first win in 20 against them at ER in the top league since 2006!

They said I’m looking forward to it and pray we do them for once.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Considering our record against them at ER it’s a miracle anyone wants to go

Maybe we are all hoping the law of averages kicks in and if the BBC are to be believed we record our first win in 20 against them at ER in the top league since 2006!

They said I’m looking forward to it and pray we do them for once.
    Seriously? The BBC cut it down to only top league matches just to get a seriously damning statistic? How very partisan of them. Anyone know how many times we beat them at ER in the last, let’s say, six years and what our head to head record is in that period?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Seriously? The BBC cut it down to only top league matches just to get a seriously damning statistic? How very partisan of them. Anyone know how many times we beat them at ER in the last, let’s say, six years and what our head to head record is in that period?
    Can’t post the full list but it doesn’t make for great reading. Very close results other than them pumping us 6-1 at Ibrox a few years ago but the last time we beat them in the league was in 2018 at Ibrox.

https://matchstat.com/football/h2h-record-live/Rangers/3137/Hibernian/3134
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Can’t post the full list but it doesn’t make for great reading. Very close results other than them pumping us 6-1 at Ibrox a few years ago but the last time we beat them in the league was in 2018 at Ibrox.

https://matchstat.com/football/h2h-record-live/Rangers/3137/Hibernian/3134
    From when they were liquidated up until Lenny resigned, our record against them was actually very good, across all competitions we had more wins. Since then, apart from the semi last year, we've lost most of the games against them. Given they are back to pre-liquidation levels I sadly can't see that changing any time soon