hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitch invasion

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can understand wee kids wanting to run on but grown men? Case in point an older guy that ran on with a wee one and no doubt has got himself banned from Easter Road presumably after following Hibs for decades.
    its just baffling behaviour to risk your season ticket or future attendance by jumping on the pitch? I can understand youngsters but older fellas? What actually goes on in their minds!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    its just baffling behaviour to risk your season ticket or future attendance by jumping on the pitch? I can understand youngsters but older fellas? What actually goes on in their minds!
    Lager and Cocaine most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    Nope we can't, no strict liability means we can't, other clubs do it all the time and nothing.
    Its nothing to do with Strict Liability. The SPFL can and will fine the club...as it has done numerous times previously

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Who cares?

95th minute equaliser for a team told they are crap? Too right a pitch invasion is appropriate.

**** the BBC, **** Tom English and get it right up all Jambos.................
    Absolutely correct, **** the hand wringers. When Sky start making a fuss about what goes on everytime we go to Ibrox I might take them seriously.

They want of course and we all know why.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs3-2 View Post
    Throwing items at opponents players obviously isnt good but todays atmosphere was the most boisterous and hostile (for opponents not on our players backs) that i can remember for a long time - long may it continue. Teams have had it far too easy at ER for too long
    I thought the atmosphere was typical midday KO flat (at both ends), until the rousing end with a roar as load as I've heard ER when the goal went in.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Its nothing to do with Strict Liability. The SPFL can and will fine the club...as it has done numerous times previously
    What's Strict Liability then?

Oh yes we will. We have been fined before for just thus behaviour. Nothing to do with stict liability.
    When were we last fined for crowd behaviour? Can you post a link please?

I’m sure it won’t take hibs long to find those on the pitch and ban them, it’s just a rubbish look

Same with throwing stuff, what must you be thinking to want to throw something at someone else cause they play for another team

A game where BK wants to be talking about the excellent hospitality, Boyle signing, full house and a decent game , he is instead having to answer questions about wee dafties

The club and football in general need to make an example. Lifetime ban for any fan entering the field of play outwith an emergency

There are plenty opportunities given for fans to meet the players if they really want in a safe environment, running onto the pitch to meet them isn’t needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Lager and Cocaine most likely.
    Or maybe just temporary lost their minds celebrating a 95th minute derby equaliser?

I went nuts when the goal went in. I was throwing my daughter about with very little regard for her safety tbh. Had I been in the lower tier there's every chance I would have been aeroplaning on the pitch as well. I was stone cold sober too.

Of course it's daft but heat of the moment and all that. It's like players getting pelters for taking their shirts off or running into the crowd. Sometimes these things just happen.

Smokebombs and the like are a bit different as there is an element of pre planning there. Likewise throwing stuff at players isn't on. Someone lobbed a bottle of juice at Shankland after the goal, that concerns me more than some chips tbh albeit neither is right.

In the grand scheme of things it's not that big a deal really. Stupid but I don't think there was any malice in it.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Shouldn't happen of course, also along with whatever was thrown towards the Hertz player at the throw in. The flares are part and parcel of big games nowadays, not saying its right but was always gonna happen when a goal was scored by either team.

Much ado about hee haw

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    On the main itv news, even before Man City and Man U 😂 massive club
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    I’m sure it won’t take hibs long to find those on the pitch and ban them, it’s just a rubbish look

Same with throwing stuff, what must you be thinking to want to throw something at someone else cause they play for another team

A game where BK wants to be talking about the excellent hospitality, Boyle signing, full house and a decent game , he is instead having to answer questions about wee dafties

The club and football in general need to make an example. Lifetime ban for any fan entering the field of play outwith an emergency

There are plenty opportunities given for fans to meet the players if they really want in a safe environment, running onto the pitch to meet them isn’t needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm with you here. It just needs to stop.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Need to start putting the big nets up at the front of stands to stop this (like Brondby away). Thats the only thing that will put a stop to it. These are very common in mainland Europe and work but spoil views. We don't want it to go that way, fans need to behave.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

Did we not get some sort of punishment for the bottle throwing incident against Rangers?

Quote Originally Posted by skankomcphee View Post
    There are a few things coming out of today which I know I’ll sound like a doomsayer for raising but they nonetheless need to be said:

- Going for a pre-match pee in the East I was shocked to find so many young laddies queuing up for the cubicles, and let’s just say they were pretty vocal in that they weren’t waiting for a No 2, many already with their eyes bulging out of their heids. Until Hibs or the Police (because the last time I checked, cocaine was still a class A drug) make some sort of conscious effort to stamp out drug taking in the stadium (and Hearts too for that matter, because I’ve seen similar scenes at Derbies at Tynecastle) then the unhinged behaviour that follows when young laddies think they’re invincible will undoubtedly follow.

- I was surprised that when items were raining down onto the pitch that the Police didn’t shift from the corners - in days gone by I’d have expected them to move in front of the offending section to at least act as a deterrent, as opposed to continue stand facing the pitch near each corner flag. Maybe I’m just old fashioned though.

- The fact that our Head of Operations and Infrastructure, Garry O’Hagan, felt the need to effectively walk the touch line himself at fulltime suggests to me a breakdown, or at least lack of confidence, in our stewarding and security arrangements today - and one that I would hope would be reviewed as a matter of priority, particular with Rangers our next visitors.
    You’ll be pleased to hear then that two of Police Scotlands finest went into the queue of cocaine users in the West at HT and huckled two of them. There were two cubicles, one clearly and very visibly used solely for cocaine. Us poor non users who just wanted a dump had to suffice with just using cubicle #2. Absolutely rife these days.

It’s all a bit daft.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Need to start putting the big nets up at the front of stands to stop this (like Brondby away). Thats the only thing that will put a stop to it. These are very common in mainland Europe and work but spoil views. We don't want it to go that way, fans need to behave.
    I could be wrong but I don’t think they’re allowed since the Taylor report after the Hillsborough disaster.

Or just weed-out and ban those responsible without ruining the view for the normal fans.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I could be wrong but I don’t think they’re allowed since the Taylor report after the Hillsborough disaster.

I don't mean perimeter fencing but you know the big nets I'm referring to. Hamilton leave their nets up at throughout the game although they wouldn't stop a pitch invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    2019 twice for incidents against both Rangers and Celtic. You'll recall Ron Gordon's first visit to ER? And Leeann Dempsters grovelling apologies? One was suspended I believe because she committed a 6 figure sum to invest in new security systems...ans I'm sure UEFA fined us too for some of the antics against Astarias
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 07-08-2022 at 06:10 PM.

Did we not get some sort of punishment for the bottle throwing incident against Rangers?
    Not to my knowledge, I believe the fan was identified and banned and also charged.

2019 twice for incidents against both Rangers and Celtic. You'lk recall Ron Gordon's first visit to ER? And Leeann Dempsters grovelling apologies? One was suspended I believe because she committed a 6 figure sum to invest in new security systems.
    Sorry I don't recall any such fines.

Can you please provide a link?

No.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    2019 twice for incidents against both Rangers and Celtic. You'll recall Ron Gordon's first visit to ER? And Leeann Dempsters grovelling apologies? One was suspended I believe because she committed a 6 figure sum to invest in new security systems...ans I'm sure UEFA fined us too for some of the antics against Astarias
    The Rangers fine was for the touchline fracas between the coaching staff.

The Asturias one was a UEFA fine. The SFA don't have strict liability

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    I thought the atmosphere was typical midday KO flat (at both ends), until the rousing end with a roar as load as I've heard ER when the goal went in.
    Where were you sitting? The South end of the East stand was bouncing all game

Little bit of exuberance. Nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    Being exiled in Ingurlund and celebrating like a mad person when Boyle scored I missed the pitch invasion (or, rather, a few folk on the pitch). What happened? Any footage. According to the Sky Sports pundits it sounded like 2016 again....
    Fan footage here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6AkutWFzAU

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Where were you sitting? The South end of the East stand was bouncing all game
    FF Lower.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    These idiots, the ones with flares and the others throwing things at players need to **** right off. Embarrassing to say the least not to mention the undoubted fine coming the clubs way.
    Same dafties I expect moan on FB or here that the club don’t spend enough on Transfer fees and wages but don’t realise they are dipping the pot
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run