hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Youan

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    The most concerning here is that some don't rate him. He looks very good considering how little game time they've had.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Mon the transfer committee

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The most concerning here is that some don't rate him. He looks very good considering how little game time they've had.
    Some folks eyes are painted on.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Mon the transfer committee

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Ron's son out

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    Tbf I don’t think anybody has said that. I think some, probably including me weren’t as impressed as others by his performance on Sunday. That’s not the same thing as saying you don’t rate him.

What he did in that last minute shows he’s going to be a huge threat for us. What we saw in the 94 minutes before that was a hat he’s not a target man and we’re unlikely to get the best out of him playing it long to him on his own.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    He makes good runs but he will need to hit the gym if he’s going play through the middle. It was like watching a pinball machine the way he was bouncing off the hearts players.
    Halkett didn’t pinball him at the goal. Quite the opposite. I think once all the new guys get to know each other and indeed the old guys too we are going to see some exciting football. A few months down the line will make a huge difference.

Showed his quality for the goal but I must admit
    If he hadn’t pulled that out the bag I’d have been questioning why we signed him. Hopefully he kicks on as he showed what he is capable of
    At the end.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    If he hadn’t pulled that out the bag I’d have been questioning why we signed him. Hopefully he kicks on as he showed what he is capable of
    At the end.
    You’d have been a questioning why we signed him, after 2 games…that sounds reasonable.

@hibs.net private member Manxhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: purehibee
    Looks a real find, excited to see what he can do once the team gels

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Tbf I don’t think anybody has said that. I think some, probably including me weren’t as impressed as others by his performance on Sunday. That’s not the same thing as saying you don’t rate him.

What he did in that last minute shows he’s going to be a huge threat for us. What we saw in the 94 minutes before that was a hat he’s not a target man and we’re unlikely to get the best out of him playing it long to him on his own.
    Which is the point I've made earlier. I think he's best suited to accurate balls played into space and with his pace he'll, beat the last man, as he did on Sunday. If he's being played as a target man, then it's not fair on him.

What we need is a Scott Allan type player in midfield who can play the passes into space for him. I'm not convinced Newell and JDH do it often enough, but they'll learn when and where to play the passes. Wonder if Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento fancies a job in our midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Some folks eyes are painted on.
    Clause 3 again.

@hibs.net private member
    At the end.
    If Boyle had screwed it wide would that have changed your view in any way?

For me, most exciting prospect of all the new signings. Could be a real find by Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    You’d have been a questioning why we signed him, after 2 games…that sounds reasonable.
    Emm yeah? I would have been questioning to myself and maybe the mate I go to games with as to why we had signed him. I think that’s perfectly reasonable.

It’s ok to question things and it’s ok to say I was wrong when he goes on to be a top player for us.

Emm yeah? I would have been questioning to myself and maybe the mate I go to games with as to why we had signed him. I think that’s perfectly reasonable.

It’s ok to question things and it’s ok to say I was wrong when he goes on to be a top player for us.
    But surely the point is that 2 games isn't enough? Would you not consider that to be impatient and unrealistic for a young player just relocated to a new country let alone new team. It's what wrong with society generally, expectations of instant results and gratification.

You ever thought players might develop better if they're encouraged and given time??

Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    But surely the point is that 2 games isn't enough? Would you not consider that to be impatient and unrealistic for a young player just relocated to a new country let alone new team. It's what wrong with society generally, expectations of instant results and gratification.

You ever thought players might develop better if they're encouraged and given time??
    Yeah 2 games isn’t enough. I agree. But I can still form thoughts and start to question things before then in my own mind and with my pals. Calm down with the instant gratification chat ffs, it’s not that deep mate.

My point was really that I didn’t see what he did or what impact he had on the game that warrants a thread on here full of people getting excited (after 2 games btw). But his role in the goal was great and I now hope he will kick on to become a vital player. I really don’t see what’s so controversial about that.

But it’s not just two games. He scored a fantastic goal in pre-season from the edge of the box. I’m looking forward to him doing the same in the SPL.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Biggest problem that LJ has with Youans style of play and needs to suss out is how to get our better and more creative midfielders in the right areas to find youans runs. He is constantly looking to run beyond the defence and looks to plays off the shoulder . When we went long to him , he struggled to keep possession. When he has the ball played in front of him , he looks exciting.. For me , he plays of off a Doidge type of striker if we go long .. I dont see LJ setting us up to play that way , so we need to have midfielders that can play these type of passes in a more advanced role. Scott Allan in his prime would absolutely love having a forward making those runs all day long. LJ needs to sort the midfield out before we can truly judge youan imo

Youan would benefit from a boozy / Allan type behind him who can thread a ball through on the deck. Lumping the ball 60 yards like he got for the majority of the game. When he did get in he will not be caught, one time in the first half cabraja played a delightful chip ball through. He scuffed his shot but I really think this boy has got a lot going for him.

A modern day centre forward, big, fast, tricky

He's been up against two tough customers in Considine and Halkett in his first two games, and looked physically wanting a wee bit, but the laddie doesn't hide, and once he bulks up and gets used to the physical rigours of this league he could do very well for Hibernian.

His involvement for the goal from getting in front of the defender originally to chest it down, to watching the line when Boyle gave him the first pass to run at Halkett was different class.

He need look no further than Martin to see the benefits of coaching and raising his game awareness; early signs are good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    He's been up against two tough customers in Considine and Halkett in his first two games, and looked physically wanting a wee bit, but the laddie doesn't hide, and once he bulks up and gets used to the physical rigours of this league he could do very well for Hibernian.

His involvement for the goal from getting in front of the defender originally to chest it down, to watching the line when Boyle gave him the first pass to run at Halkett was different class.

He need look no further than Martin to see the benefits of coaching and raising his game awareness; early signs are good though.
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I just watched him after the goal giving hand gestures to a hertz player . Like you’re not talking now 😆

Think the guy looks a player that is just needing a little bit more service to get going on the goalscoring front. So far from the two league games I've watched he's got great pace and movement with what looks to me like a good level of technical play in his locker to link up play with teammates (see his assist for Boyle and the countless times he drops to receive the ball, holds it, and spreads it wide).

2 games is far too early to go definite one way or the other so the next 5 to 10 games will give us a better idea but I do like what i've seen. Although I'm very aware that strikers get judged on goals, especially if a team doesn't pick up points, hopefully he gets on the scoresheet Saturday before lack of scoring becomes a stick to beat him with.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post

Don't think the poster meant he would be making a final judgement after two games but that it would raise doubts in his mind. Seems reasonable to me.

Without the last minute goal these threads would be vastly different.

Overall Youan struggled a bit but he shows a lot of promise. I don't think he's ready to start as a central striker and would be far more comfortable on the left hand side.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I think Scotland will be turn out to be a great move for his career. He'll bulk up and learn how to deal with the physical part of the game. Wouldn't surprise me if he got a good move to England in a couple of years time.

I think the derby coming so early for him could be a good thing, he got battered into a couple of times which unbelievably weren’t given as fouls - I think that will toughen him up a bit and realise what Scottish defenders are like.

His touch was really poor on a couple of occasions but I’m hoping that’s just down to getting fit/sharp and adjusting to the intensity. That was only his 4th game since the start of pre season.

What gives me a lot of hope is his movement and speed, especially as there’s someone like Cabraja who can pick him and also Tavares out with balls in behind. It almost got him a goal early on and then he was unlucky with his header.

I just want us to find a way of getting our forward players on the ball a lot more whether that’s him, Tavares or Melkersen.

I think he’ll have a field day against rangers next weekend especially as he has a tendency to drift left which could work very well as tavernier vacates that position a lot.