hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Tickets declined

Large amounts of people having their tickets declined going into the FFU, any other stands experiencing the same

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Happened to loads in the East too - quite often the ticket registering and the “Go” sign being displayed, yet the turnstile still not working. Was occurring on at least two separate turnstiles.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happened to loads in the East too - quite often the ticket registering and the “Go” sign being displayed, yet the turnstile still not working. Was occurring on at least two separate turnstiles.
    Noticed the system was really slow today. One ticket scanned and the "go" being stuck on the screen for close to a minute before scanning the next ticket

Few young lads squeezing in two at a time in the East today. Stewards not bothering their arse about it either.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Mine declined against Norwich, but fine today. Only issue was me being an idiot trying to find the slot to stick my card in!

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Business as usual in FF Lower, loads declined.

@hibs.net private member
    Seemed fine in East when I was there just after 11.30, first turnstiles.

Swift performance in the west 13-16. Large looking queues at circa 11.45 and in within a few minutes.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    Mine declined against Norwich, but fine today. Only issue was me being an idiot trying to find the slot to stick my card in!

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
    How does that work when STs were distributed after the Norwich game.Only asking.

@hibs.net private member
    My ticket came up as already used, steward just told me to go to the ticket office, pain in the ****ing arse, queues there for mostly the same issue, lassie asked me if I had swiped into one of the lounges which I didnt. She cleared my card and I headed back around to stand baw deep in another queue to get in again. Clitches happen but I was bursting on a pee ! 🤬

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Few young lads squeezing in two at a time in the East today. Stewards not bothering their arse about it either.
    Such halfwittery needs nipped in the bud aw best it’s denying the club of funds - at worst it’s denying a other legitimate supporter their Seat OR adding to a potential totally dangerous security situation if others follow suit “I didn't think” is no excuse.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Business as usual in FF Lower, loads declined.
    A lot of folk for the upper were trying to go into the lower turnstiles.

Folk need to remember that you can only use the gates that are on your ticket.

Happened to loads of folk in front of me.

I was a bit worried as I was alone with my daughter so if one of us got in and the other didn't we would have had an issue. Think the system was just really lagging though. Both our tickets flashed go but the turnstile took a good 15-30 seconds to register, trying to push it before that just resulted in it jamming. The 'Go' took ages to disappear as well so meant a long wait between each person

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Such halfwittery needs nipped in the bud aw best it’s denying the club of funds - at worst it’s denying a other legitimate supporter their Seat OR adding to a potential totally dangerous security situation if others follow suit “I didn't think” is no excuse.
    Yet people look back fondly at the days of being "lifted over the turnstiles"

How is this any different?

In 30 years time these young lads will look back and reminisce about the times they would go through the turnstiles 2 at a time.
    Last edited by wearethehibs; 08-08-2022 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Swift performance in the west 13-16. Large looking queues at circa 11.45 and in within a few minutes.
    Yep -same. Didnt see anyone being declined.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    There was 8 young lads on 5 seats in front of us in the East yesterday.

On another note. This is the first time I have had a digital ST on my mobile.

Does anybody else have a real bother trying to get their phone in the scanner enough to read the digital ticket.

Seems to me the QR code is far too central. I have a Samsung S22. It's a pretty big phone to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    Yet people look back fondly at the days of being "lifted over the turnstiles"

How is this any different?

In 30 years time these young lads will look back and reminisce about the times they would go through the turnstiles 2 at a time.
    That was maybe OK when you were standing but now they are all grouping up together at seats there is no room for them.

Our row was way over cramped yesterday even standing up!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    There was 8 young lads on 5 seats in front of us in the East yesterday.

On another note. This is the first time I have had a digital ST on my mobile.

Does anybody else have a real bother trying to get their phone in the scanner enough to read the digital ticket.

Seems to me the QR code is far too central. I have a Samsung S22. It's a pretty big phone to be fair.
    I usually turn my phone round (as in, push the bottom in to the scanner) as it picks it up easier

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I usually turn my phone round (as in, push the bottom in to the scanner) as it picks it up easier
    My phone wouldn't fit enough into the slot either way

Just as well I had my ST with me.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Happened to loads of folk in front of me.

I was a bit worried as I was alone with my daughter so if one of us got in and the other didn't we would have had an issue. Think the system was just really lagging though. Both our tickets flashed go but the turnstile took a good 15-30 seconds to register, trying to push it before that just resulted in it jamming. The 'Go' took ages to disappear as well so meant a long wait between each person
    Happened to me going into the West. Not ideal with folk being already moving to get through as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I got in ok but several people in front of me had issues and had to go in via the accessible entrance.

On the flip, my dad has a lift pass for the FF Upper and they didn’t even check his ticket.

@hibs.net private member
    My ST scanned fine but when I pushed the turnstile it didn't open. Pushed a couple of time and then it swung open leaving me the wrong side. Fortunately the steward let me in no bother and never even looked at my ST. First time I have had any issue with the turnstiles for a long time

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    My ST scanned fine but when I pushed the turnstile it didn't open. Pushed a couple of time and then it swung open leaving me the wrong side. Fortunately the steward let me in no bother and never even looked at my ST. First time I have had any issue with the turnstiles for a long time
    I've had this happen before.... these days i always make sure the turnstile has completely locked into place by giving it a shingle after the person in front has gone through, then i will scan my card.

First Team Breakthrough
    My ST was declined at the turnstiles at Lower West.

The various stewards I spoke to were more of a hindrance than a help.One of them pointed me towards a guy in a peaked cap with various appliances hanging round his neck and was told he would re-set it for me.However when I spoke to him he didn’t have a clue what I was talking about.

At that point I decided the ticket office was the best option and sure enough the woman reset the ST for me and then I got in no problem.

Fortunately I was at the turnstiles at circa 11.15 am and there was no queuing.However for people turning up nearer KO time this could have been a real hassle.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I got in ok but several people in front of me had issues and had to go in via the accessible entrance.

On the flip, my dad has a lift pass for the FF Upper and they didn’t even check his ticket.
    Do you mind me asking who your Dad emailed or phoned to acquire his lift pass and was it straightforward ? My friend has spinal stenosis and is struggling with the stairs up and down in FF upper, I know the easy solution is to move seats but there are a few of his mates and they have all sat together for a few seasons, he didnt know they had lift passes and always assumed they were just for accessing the bars