hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron Gordon

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrahib View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe Hibs are still trying to buy more players?
    I never suggested we werent, Im just saying I think we are still two short

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular

can just picture ron sticking on his suit jacket, pulling up the collar, uttering "im, a bad man", then telling the boardroom, "lets roll"

Coaching Staff
    Hopefully this will put to bed once and for all the nonsense that Ron Gordon and the management team don't get Hibs, don't invest enough in Hibs and are only in it to enrich themselves.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Hopefully this will put to bed once and for all the nonsense that Ron Gordon and the management team don't get Hibs, don't invest enough in Hibs and are only in it to enrich themselves.
    You would think so but a reverse tomorrow and then the pitch forks will be back out pronto from some for sure…

Some of the stuff Ron has had to face has been embarrassing. He’s boldly trying to develop an alternative vision for the club and that takes time, money and some painful mistakes along the way.

I think some people have seriously underestimated the scale of the change required and combined with the untimely interruption of Covid the sheer amount of money and effort needed to bring Hibs back to where we should be.

Time now for the team to do the talking as no doubt Ron has done a tremendous amount of work to get us to this point.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    You would think so but a reverse tomorrow and then the pitch forks will be back out pronto from some for sure…

Some of the stuff Ron has had to face has been embarrassing. He’s boldly trying to develop an alternative vision for the club and that takes time, money and some painful mistakes along the way.

I think some people have seriously underestimated the scale of the change required and combined with the untimely interruption of Covid the sheer amount of money and effort needed to bring Hibs back to where we should be.

Time now for the team to do the talking as no doubt Ron has done a tremendous amount of work to get us to this point.
    What an excellent post, frankly some of the stuff I've seen on here and twitter have been more than embarrassing, they have been disgraceful from people that call them Hibs fans. Let's hope that LJ now gets the time to mould what looks like good individual players into a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post

Couldn't agree more.

Coaching Staff
    In Ron We Trust!

I’ve always been supportive, but surely now he has earned everybody’s trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    I never suggested we werent, Im just saying I think we are still two short
    I do too. I also agree Tait could fill one of them. We just need Johnson to find the right blend in the midfield.

Absolutely delighted about Boyle. Get in there Ron Gordon.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    yes, well done Ron the Don

I think that we will find that Ron’s best and most significant investment is the Development Squad. Last season we only had a first team and the U18s. This season he is financing a third squad to develop players for the future. It’s too early to predict if that investment will pay off, but nobody can be in any doubt that this is a massive change to the structure of the football operation at the club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    I think that we will find that Ron’s best and most significant investment is the Development Squad. Last season we only had a first team and the U18s. This season he is financing a third squad to develop players for the future. It’s too early to predict if that investment will pay off, but nobody can be in any doubt that this is a massive change to the structure of the football operation at the club.
    Thats all good but there has to be a better balance, we are not a million miles away with the first team and as Ive said on other threads we are probably still a couple light. I know there is still time but its not about numbers, its about the right player. We ****ed up the past couple of seasons by not addressing that but hopefully the eye is firmly on the ball this time, Boyle is a great start

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    🫶