hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Livingston Tickets

On sale today at 10am.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ticket-information-livingston-a-1

Obviously nothing to do with Hibs but disappointing it will cost me more than double what it did to take my bairn to this game compared to Perth. £17 for both of us in Perth, £35 at Livingston .......

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Yep, it’s out of order IMO. Actively discouraging fans from attending with prices like that. St Johnstone got it absolutely spot on last week.

For 4 of us last week it was £48.

To go to Livingston it would be £84.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Saw the prices and decided not to go. I can’t justify £35 plus the associated costs for this one.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    St Johnston ticket prices was mad. My mate and his 2 kids went for £17, my seat next to them cost £25.

No e tickets then?
    I'm sure in the past we could buy them direct from Livi. Tickets are expensive enough without paying for delivery/travel to pick up. Assume there will be tickets available on the day, hope so.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No e tickets then?
    I'm sure in the past we could buy them direct from Livi. Tickets are expensive enough without paying for delivery/travel to pick up. Assume there will be tickets available on the day, hope so.
    Livi put on a public sale on the Christmas game a couple of years back. Many missed the start underestimating the time it would take a cash only window with two people in no hurry to serve a couple of thousand fans many of whom waited until they'd finished in the pub. Simpler to get the tickets posted from the club for a pound. Even simpler to buy one and be in the home end.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    Yep, it’s out of order IMO. Actively discouraging fans from attending with prices like that. St Johnstone got it absolutely spot on last week.

For 4 of us last week it was £48.

To go to Livingston it would be £84.
    Do Hibs do cheap tickets at the start of the season? Tbf St J is the exception. I paid £50 for St J tickets, £60 for Livi but I'm taking the wee man this time.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/twentyplentysco/...CGY1RhPfZxUFtw

There’s a new twitter page started highlighting this kind of thing, might be worth a follow, retweet etc to try and get a bit momentum going.

Only thing I’d say as a counter argument, I saw someone who used to be a director at a premier league club saying he’s got real sympathy for the clubs. Cheaper tickets don’t necessarily equate to bigger crowds, or not big enough to justify the reductions. Worth noting that the energy price increases isn’t capped for businesses and Morton have reported an increase of 325% in their utility bills. That’s got to be paid for somehow.

Unfortunately the price of everything is going up at a mental rate and football won’t be immune to that. Well done to St Johnstone last week though, sounds like they’ve managed to find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    https://twitter.com/twentyplentysco/...CGY1RhPfZxUFtw

There’s a new twitter page started highlighting this kind of thing, might be worth a follow, retweet etc to try and get a bit momentum going.

Only thing I’d say as a counter argument, I saw someone who used to be a director at a premier league club saying he’s got real sympathy for the clubs. Cheaper tickets don’t necessarily equate to bigger crowds, or not big enough to justify the reductions. Worth noting that the energy price increases isn’t capped for businesses and Morton have reported an increase of 325% in their utility bills. That’s got to be paid for somehow.

Unfortunately the price of everything is going up at a mental rate and football won’t be immune to that. Well done to St Johnstone last week though, sounds like they’ve managed to find a solution.
    I think kids prices are the key.

It's not always easy for me to justify away days at the football now with a 4 year old and a 10 month old. I used to be an away almost every week sort but life changes. It's easier to make the case if I take my daughter with me. St Johnstone last week was a no brainer. Free entry for her and reduced entry for me, even at the full adult price I still would have went because £24/25 for both of us is still a bargain really. Motherwell is usually an easy one to make a positive decision about as well.

Double that £17 price and it becomes something that needs a lot more thought. I'll probably still go because travel costs to Livi aren't excessive but any unexpected expense and the football will be the thing to fall. I actually think £25 for an adult is ok for standard fixtures but kids prices should be capped at a fiver max for all but category A games. With very few exceptions they aren't going to be taking a seat that could otherwise have been occupied by a paying adult, supply outstrips demand for all our run of the mill away games. Free for under 8s and £5 for 8 to 16 would encourage more parents to take their kids along.

The difference in the number of kids in Perth last week compared to our usual away games was really noticeable. That must be down to people who usually either wouldn't go at all or wouldn't take their children doing so because of the deal on offer.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

On the flipside I'm being charged more than 30% less to go to Livingston than I would have paid to go to St Johnstone had I not boycotted them last week.

Quite pleased at that and will be going.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think kids prices are the key.

It's not always easy for me to justify away days at the football now with a 4 year old and a 10 month old. I used to be an away almost every week sort but life changes. It's easier to make the case if I take my daughter with me. St Johnstone last week was a no brainer. Free entry for her and reduced entry for me, even at the full adult price I still would have went because £24/25 for both of us is still a bargain really. Motherwell is usually an easy one to make a positive decision about as well.

Double that £17 price and it becomes something that needs a lot more thought. I'll probably still go because travel costs to Livi aren't excessive but any unexpected expense and the football will be the thing to fall. I actually think £25 for an adult is ok for standard fixtures but kids prices should be capped at a fiver max for all but category A games. With very few exceptions they aren't going to be taking a seat that could otherwise have been occupied by a paying adult, supply outstrips demand for all our run of the mill away games. Free for under 8s and £5 for 8 to 16 would encourage more parents to take their kids along.

The difference in the number of kids in Perth last week compared to our usual away games was really noticeable. That must be down to people who usually either wouldn't go at all or wouldn't take their children doing so because of the deal on offer.
    Maybe also because it was first game of the season though and everyone is still in holiday/day out mode. Probably a bit of both.

Is a good point about kids tickets though and not one I’d disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Livi put on a public sale on the Christmas game a couple of years back. Many missed the start underestimating the time it would take a cash only window with two people in no hurry to serve a couple of thousand fans many of whom waited until they'd finished in the pub. Simpler to get the tickets posted from the club for a pound. Even simpler to buy one and be in the home end.
    £2,50 to get it posted - when it could be emailed for nothing.

Or

£1.50 for privilege of travelling (at further expense)to ER & picking up yourself.

Why does Scottish football do everything to make attending games so unnecessarily difficult?

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Not sure if it’s just me, but won’t let me add two tickets in different categories. When I click on one adult it then disables all the other options so cannot then select from other categories.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    How much will we charge Livvi adults and kids to get into ER?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Not sure if it’s just me, but won’t let me add two tickets in different categories. When I click on one adult it then disables all the other options so cannot then select from other categories.
    It asks on the first page how many you want then it shows you the 2 you've asked for and you click each one individually for the category
    Last edited by Jay; 05-08-2022 at 12:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I was there that was absolutely shambolic by Livingston. I was there about about twenty to three and didn't get in until five minutes to half time. Utter joke. You queued up to pay cash got a ticket and had to queue in another line to get in.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Think the prices are kind of what I thought they would be 25 and 10 for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    £2,50 to get it posted - when it could be emailed for nothing.

Or

£1.50 for privilege of travelling (at further expense)to ER & picking up yourself.

Why does Scottish football do everything to make attending games so unnecessarily difficult?
    With you on email but Livingston would have to have scanners otherwise everyone gets in on the same ticket. I'd forgotten about the 1.50 admin fee per ticket but for me its a better use of my time plus the petrol resource. You cant blame clubs for joining in on the piracy Ticketmaster and their ilk have been foisting on us for about 20 years.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

cant remember the exact wording of how they’re applying it, but Livingston are starting (from now) to crack down on away fans getting tickets for the home end, after it would appear a significant number of rangers fans were in there last weekend

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    cant remember the exact wording of how they’re applying it, but Livingston are starting (from now) to crack down on away fans getting tickets for the home end, after it would appear a significant number of rangers fans were in there last weekend
    At games where the away end is likely to sell out they are not selling home end tickets online, they will only sell in person or by phone to existing season ticket holders whose ref number will be held against the seats they buy.
    Last edited by Jay; 05-08-2022 at 11:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    It asks on the first page how many you want then it shows you the 2 you've asked for and you click each one individually for the category
    Thanks for that. I really need to look at a page properly

The Livingston game is on Alba next Saturday.

A chance to see Boyle's second debut.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The Livingston game is on Alba next Saturday.

A chance to see Boyle's second debut.
    Good spot.

I’ll get that taped.

J

I just buy the concession tickets. Cheaper obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    At games where the away end is likely to sell out they are not selling home end tickets online, they will only sell in person or by phone to existing season ticket holders whose ref number will be held against the seats they buy.

A few of us getting train through what station does it go to north or south going through early for a few beers what’s also recommended pubs Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    A few of us getting train through what station does it go to north or south going through early for a few beers what’s also recommended pubs Cheers
    Quicker train goes to north. Both quite a bit away from stadium. Bus will get you much closer but takes longer obv.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    anyone taking the car the stadium up to the roundabout(alderstone road) has been closed for several weeks now so if wanting to park at the stadium car park your better coming from the north, st johns hospital way, better parking the car at the centre and just walking down anyway, i'm not quite sure if you can also park at the college, if train better Livingston North imo

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    anyone taking the car the stadium up to the roundabout(alderstone road) has been closed for several weeks now so if wanting to park at the stadium car park your better coming from the north, st johns hospital way, better parking the car at the centre and just walking down anyway, i'm not quite sure if you can also park at the college, if train better Livingston North imo
    The old council car park opposite the new centre is free at weekends. 5 min stroll to the stadium from there.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Already up for this before today’s game if nothing else our support has been brilliant so far playing our part support at Perth was brilliant noisy and today same thing got right behind the team looking forward to seeing a sea of green on Saturday keep it up fellow hibbys