@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People in church do it every week.
    Now that is funny 🤣

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Amazing isn’t it?

5 pages of indignation here on Hibs net and yet no one has made a positive identification.

I reckon that at more that at 6 pages it becomes statistically improbable that no one on here can recognise any of the perpetrators.

That makes one wonder how real the disgust is and whether Hibs net, like many forums out there is just a collection of stale hot air.

I wonder if Hibs net is still capable of doing something good for Hibs, football and society?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Amazing isn’t it?

5 pages of indignation here on Hibs net and yet no one has made a positive identification.

I reckon that at more that at 6 pages it becomes statistically improbable that no one on here can recognise any of the perpetrators.

That makes one wonder how real the disgust is and whether Hibs net, like many forums out there is just a collection of stale hot air.

I wonder if Hibs net is still capable of doing something good for Hibs, football and society?
    The amount of 18 yo posters on here is probably slim so harder for a positive id. It's been highlighted on here and the club media ect read here. It's up to the club to ban them, if there is regular threads it's more likely. Hibs.net has no power to ban anyone from getting tickets

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    If you sing about a dead person then you are the **** of the earth, it's as simple as that, if you think there are exceptions to that then you are part of the problem.
    Maybe 1 exception but otherwise I agree.

https://youtu.be/HPXHRX8Q2hs

@hibs.net private member
    Proud Edwards army bit of flower of Scotland will need removed, Olivers army goosed to, rather ra rasputin defames alexandra too. Is there a certain time that has to pass

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    If you sing about a dead person then you are the **** of the earth, it's as simple as that, if you think there are exceptions to that then you are part of the problem.
    Bollocks. Tramp the dirt down by Elvis Costello is a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Proud Edwards army bit of flower of Scotland will need removed, Olivers army goosed to, rather ra rasputin defames alexandra too. Is there a certain time that has to pass
    Maybe make Hitler the cut-off point.
    Hitler and before - 👍
    After Hitler - 👎

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Amazing isn’t it?

Are you aware of the irony of having the username ‘Judas’ while appearing to urge folk to ‘grass’ on the ‘perpetrators’?

Perhaps if they are spotted at the derby you could kiss them on the cheek then claim your £15 in 10 bob bits?

@hibs.net private member
    There is a bonnie fitbaw team, at Easter Road they play. I go along to cheer them every other Saturday....
    <snip>
    Smith, Johnstone, Reilly, Turnbull, Ormond!

This song is now cancelled!!

Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    Are you aware of the irony of having the username ‘Judas’ while appearing to urge folk to ‘grass’ on the ‘perpetrators’?

Perhaps if they are spotted at the derby you could kiss them on the cheek then claim your £15 in 10 bob bits?
    Since when was reporting unacceptable behaviour that brings the name of our club into disrepute ‘grassing’? Sounds like cowardice of the highest order, either that or playing lip service to the yobs.

I’m led to believe that management are actively considering a reporting hotline as part of a tightening up of safety and security in and around stadiums. The days of wee cokeheids giving us a bad name just might be numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Since when was reporting unacceptable behaviour that brings the name of our club into disrepute ‘grassing’? Sounds like cowardice of the highest order, either that or playing lip service to the yobs.

I’m led to believe that management are actively considering a reporting hotline as part of a tightening up of safety and security in and around stadiums. The days of wee cokeheids giving us a bad name just might be numbered.
    Quite frankly I couldn’t give a flying f*** what you, Judas or anyone else chooses to, or chooses not to do.
    All that I was pointing out was the irony of a poster called Judas asking folk to grass/inform/tell/report (whatever damn word you wish to use) on the daft laddies involved. Because that’s what he was doing whether you agree with it or not. And it mildly amused me.

I also do not condone or condemn those involved. I did a hell of a lot worse when I was young and am reluctant to start chucking stones around in this particular greenhouse.

But I’m so pleased at you and others, with your infallible moral compass are here to save us all.

p.s. For what it’s worth I think ‘hotlines’ to report people is a very dangerous road to go down.
    If I hear of a Hibs fan voting Tory can I report them? Because by Christ I’d find that a hell of a lot more disgusting and a more heinous example of anti social behaviour than some dafties singing an offensive song.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^^Report me

Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post

What’s ironic about it?

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    True to some extent but I've been to handful of rugby games and seen a couple of fights, racist abuse and homophobic abuse.

As someone who went to these games as a football fan with an impression of rugby being very much different to football, I was taken aback by how this is a problem that goes well beyond one sport.
    I have been going to Scotland rugby games home and away for 25 years. I haven’t missed a scotland home match since 1995. I have been away every year since 1999. 2 lions tours, 3 world cups. Season ticket holder with Edinburgh for many years.

I have NEVER heard or seen any racist or homophobic abuse. Couple of punch ups in pubs but thats it. I’m not saying you are wrong or it doesn’t happen but it’s extremely rare. It’s very much a football problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    When I started going to Hibs games on a regular basis (79-80), the songs sung on the East Terracing included...Mocking the Ibrox disaster - mocking the death of Celtc player Johnny Doyle - songs about the IRA.

Mostly these were sung by a handful of teenagers, and much to the disgust of most people nearby.

The only difference now is that this stuff is put on social media for the world to see.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    I have been going to Scotland rugby games home and away for 25 years. I haven’t missed a scotland home match since 1995. I have been away every year since 1999. 2 lions tours, 3 world cups. Season ticket holder with Edinburgh for many years.

I have NEVER heard or seen any racist or homophobic abuse. Couple of punch ups in pubs but thats it. I’m not saying you are wrong or it doesn’t happen but it’s extremely rare. It’s very much a football problem.
    I follow Scotland away at both rugby and football. I thoroughly enjoy both. Without question, the worst abuse I’ve suffered for wearing my kilt is at Twickenham, on a number of occasions. The place is full of absolute tossers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I follow Scotland away at both rugby and football. I thoroughly enjoy both. Without question, the worst abuse I’ve suffered for wearing my kilt is at Twickenham, on a number of occasions. The place is full of absolute tossers.
    Presumably not racist or homophonic though?Never had abuse once for wearing a kilt at Twickers, personally.

A guy lobbed a kebab at me from a moving car window once, when I was in a kilt- that was in central Rome. Maybe he thought I was gay?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Presumably not racist or homophonic though?Never had abuse once for wearing a kilt at Twickers, personally.

A guy lobbed a kebab at me from a moving car window once, when I was in a kilt- that was in central Rome. Maybe he thought I was gay?
    Hope you caught the kebab 🤣

Not sure what genre anti-Scots abuse comes under. Are we a race? I’ve had it numerous times in the Cabbage Patch pub, whilst tailgating in the carpark and inside the stadium. I got less stick sitting in the home end at Wembley at Euro 96.

@hibs.net private member
    It's terrible!

If he never charged you for it it must've been a donor kebab. 😉

Tom English on sportsound a few years ago said that he hears
    disgusting racist and homophobic abuse going to and after Rugby matches Rugby Tom should know

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Tom English on sportsound a few years ago said that he hears
    disgusting racist and homophobic abuse going to and after Rugby matches Rugby Tom should know
    Tom English is a complete slaver who knows as much about rugby as he does football.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Some of the behaviour from rugby fans I've witnessed in pubs is some of the worst I've ever seen.

There's a weird sexually perverse element to it which no doubt starts in their private rugby clubs which they see as high jinks. Welsh fans seem to be the worst in my experience

Tom English is a complete slaver who knows as much about rugby as he does football.
    I have heard it as well taking English fans to Murrayfield in my Taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    That’ll be that then!!

How about football being tribal for a lot of folk. 90 mins of saying things you wouldn’t normally?

I hear people shouting and swearing at the ref, or Hibs players or our manager all the time. The folk doing the shouting are probably normal decent folk who wouldn’t dream of saying these things at work or wherever.

These songs are designed to cause offence to rivals. Nothing more than that. They’re not a true reflection of what the singers actually think I wouldn’t imagine.

it’s mostly kids acting up. Hardly the end of the world.
    Football isn't a 90 minute excuse to be free to do whatever, there are quite a few young males who seem to have lacked guidance through their life, it's the ultimate lack of respect for life and there's zero excuse. Find them and ban the lot of them for life. We are better than this.

There's only one time it's acceptable to sing at the loss of someone and here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1PcJDRSvGc

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    People in church do it every week.
    Haha that's a belter!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Plenty open abuse around race, creed colour etc at twickers, been there on a few occasions but it's generally done with a bit of a knowing nod and wink between white well spoken male Oiks, and yes I have attempted to pull a couple up.

Tend to be a bit pissed up on pimms or something more exotic than the average football fan but they are out there alright.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Probably does know what racist and homophobic abuse is though.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    That’ll be that then!!

How about football being tribal for a lot of folk. 90 mins of saying things you wouldn’t normally?

I hear people shouting and swearing at the ref, or Hibs players or our manager all the time. The folk doing the shouting are probably normal decent folk who wouldn’t dream of saying these things at work or wherever.

These songs are designed to cause offence to rivals. Nothing more than that. They’re not a true reflection of what the singers actually think I wouldn’t imagine.

it’s mostly kids acting up. Hardly the end of the world.
    There’s not much that happens at Hibs that signals the end of the world. We should still be doing whatever we can to make things better, including keeping out singing/chanting that lowers us to the level of those clubs we hate so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Some of the behaviour from rugby fans I've witnessed in pubs is some of the worst I've ever seen.

There's a weird sexually perverse element to it which no doubt starts in their private rugby clubs which they see as high jinks. Welsh fans seem to be the worst in my experience
    The only time I ever saw trouble in the Port o’ Leith was after the rugby being on at Murrayfield. Never a spot of bother any other time. Many many years ago now mind.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Not that it's right but it's been going on for decades, always an element of any support.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."