hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Never been bothered about what happened in the past it's the next game that counts.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennon dominated by winning 3 out of 9.
    I thought we'd seen the last of Lennon's time at Hibs being re-written when we appointed LJ but here we are just a couple of months later lauding his incredible derby record because he instilled fight in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    I think it’s a bigger game for them, they are coming thinking they will pump us, I think we will surprise them. A draw or a Hibs win and Robbie the Jobbie is under pressure.
    Its a big game for both teams to be fair. Their mentality against us shows that this game is big and their record against us is better slightly. We need to big this game up. Despite only second game of league losing this game will damage us more than them. I cant bear the thought of losing to "them"!
    Last edited by chrisski33; 01-08-2022 at 12:32 PM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    I thought we'd seen the last of Lennon's time at Hibs being re-written when we appointed LJ but here we are just a couple of months later lauding his incredible derby record because he instilled fight in the team.
    The 2-1 capitulation at Tynecastle and the 0-1 at ER are up there with some of the worst derby performances I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    It is a free hit though, Hearts fans are expecting a resounding victory like they always do, although they rarely get high scoring victory vs us. The pressure is on them imo.

I think its ridiculous to suggest LJ will be under pressure after only league 2 matches. We are already vastly improved on the rubbish we watched under Maloney. We not Barcelona or Man City, instant success isn't going to happen with Hibs, we are still a centre half short and I think we are missing a hard tackling midfielder as well. The team needs time to gel and until it does we are going to lose games and not play as well as we could in games.
    So you think it's acceptable for us to get knocked out the league cup? It was laughable how that happened aswell, We should have got through points deduction or not. Our signings are raw at best right now and minus Marshall aren't the standard we need. We should concentrate on securing 3rd and having a strong core before we piss about with trying to develop cheap players into millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    In the last 20 years the record is;

Hibs - 18
    Hearts - 33
    Draw - 23
    Ok so looked back and over the 10 years it's 13 for Hearts to Hibs 10. So tbf they are a bit better than marginally ahead on wins there but hardly dominant.

20 years... I must have subconsciously blocked the 2009-2012 period from my mind

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgiehibee View Post
    So you think it's acceptable for us to get knocked out the league cup? It was laughable how that happened aswell, We should have got through points deduction or not. Our signings are raw at best right now and minus Marshall aren't the standard we need. We should concentrate on securing 3rd and having a strong core before we piss about with trying to develop cheap players into millions.

Where did I say that?

3rd is a big ask with Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hearts all improving their squads over the summer. Top 6 and Europa conference spot for me.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I'd like to know what goes through folk's minds before they post garbage like this. Most of us are delighted with a great away win on the first day but others can't be happy for too long.
    The undercover Jambos and Trolls literally couldn’t wait for our final whistle on Saturday before posting negative posts about the St J result and the Derby. It’s as predictable as it is pathetic.

Neither our supporters nor our players will show any fear stepping out on that field on Sunday. Win, lose or draw we will always be up for beating those tramps.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    The undercover Jambos and Trolls literally couldn’t wait for our final whistle on Saturday before posting negative posts about the St J result and the Derby. It’s as predictable as it is pathetic.

Neither our supporters nor our players will show any fear stepping out on that field on Sunday. Win, lose or draw we will always be up for beating those tramps.
    Your last paragraph should be the hibs.net motto

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Where did I say that?

3rd is a big ask with Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hearts all improving their squads over the summer. Top 6 and Europa conference spot for me.

OK so if Hearts were better than us and have improved on last year and they are resoundingly called ***** on here what does that make us? We're pulling in hefty transfer fees and look who we've brought in. Calling them raw is being kind not 1 of our signings would get a start from any other top 6 team.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    OK so if Hearts were better than us and have improved on last year and they are resoundingly called ***** on here what does that make us? We're pulling in hefty transfer fees and look who we've brought in. Calling them raw is being kind not 1 of our signings would get a start from any other top 6 team.
    Nonsense. You’re not even trying hard to hide your allegiances.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Slow day on Kickback?

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Nonsense. You’re not even trying hard to hide your allegiances.

I know I'm making it clear I want hibs to be 3rd win derby's and sort our transfer policy because we're on a scattergun approach just now it its going to end in tears.

Also what part is nonsense?

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    That Marshall is raw indeed. So is Saturday's Man of the Match Cabraja.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiehibee View Post
    ok so if hearts were better than us and have improved on last year and they are resoundingly called ***** on here what does that make us? We're pulling in hefty transfer fees and look who we've brought in. Calling them raw is being kind not 1 of our signings would get a start from any other top 6 team.
    ltyf

Marvellous.

Most Hibs supporters would struggle to pull off Derby statistics. Yam trolls have them at their fingertips.

Instead of wasting time arguing with Kickback interlopers, let’s put the **** into them at Easter Road. This is a brand new team we have this season yet we gave them great backing on Saturday in Perth.

Let’s show these players what our club can do when we back the team 100% for 90 minutes. They may have a more settled team, but we can still outfight them.

Time for Heroes.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Exactly. The 2-1 game was absolutely embarrassing. We were absolutely flying going into that game & for some reason he changed the team and system and we absolutely chucked it. Would’ve still been in with an outside shout of 2nd if we’d won that.

@hibs.net private member
    Pure undiluted drivel

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Ack we have won the league cup quite a few times in my lifetime that will dae me Dinnae forget winning the Scottish tae and ending 99.9% of hearts song book that will dae me tae

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Yeah but apart from that it's pretty close.
    The last 10 years makes for slightly better reading;

Hibs - 10
    Hearts - 13
    Draw - 12

Hibs - 10
    Hearts - 13
    Draw - 12
    Dinnae forget Oli shaw goal clearly over the line at Tiny we should have won , And Griffiths goal at ER which was over the line by about 3 feet ! ! They really have been spawny jammy bassas over the years

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Dinnae forget Oli shaw goal clearly over the line at Tiny we should have won , And Griffiths goal at ER which was over the line by about 3 feet ! ! They really have been spawny jammy bassas over the years
    and what’s his name equalising from about 10 miles out after about half an hour of injury time when we had battered them for the whole match… if he tried that shot another 10,000 times it wouldn’t have gone in.

we’ve had rotten luck in some derbys and we’ve been pure pish in others

i think we’ll win on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    and what’s his name equalising from about 10 miles out after about half an hour of injury time when we had battered them for the whole match… if he tried that shot another 10,000 times it wouldn’t have gone in.

we’ve had rotten luck in some derbys and we’ve been pure pish in others

i think we’ll win on Sunday.

Ozturk ? Wonder strike after we battered them the entire match !

I agree , I think we will win on Sunday

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar

oxley should have tipped that over as it was straight down his throat useless twat.

Hibs - 10
    Hearts - 13
    Draw - 12
    It should be taken from the post-Romanov era onwards, when they switched from relying on money stolen from charities etc to when they became a pseudo charity and began relying on donations from benefactors and fans instead. So roughly about 8 years ago, I think.
    Last edited by 007; 01-08-2022 at 07:39 PM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

There's also the most one-sided Hibs performance in a derby this century (yes, even you 6-2) in the LC under Collins which we won by the emphatic scoreline of... 1-0.

In my 17 years of supporting Hibs I've never seen us properly batter them. Humiliate them in the same way I've seen them do us. We briefly threatened to when we went 3 up in the SC replay under Lennon but that's it. I'd like to see it happen one day. Just once. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    oxley should have tipped that over as it was straight down his throat useless twat.
    If the hoof from halfway had been a couple of inches lower, he would have done so. And if it had been a couple of inches higher it would have hit the bar.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post

I remember saying that at the time, he was 100% to blame for that going in. He seen it from miles out but was 2 yds off his line, all he had to do put 2 hands up and palm it over the bar. Terrible goalkeeping.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    It should be taken from the post-Romanov era onwards, when they switched from relying on money stolen from charities etc to when they became a pseudo charity and began relying on donations from benefactors and fans instead. So roughly about 8 years ago, I think.
    Season 13-14 was their first season without Romanov.

Since then the record is;

Hibs - 8
    Hearts - 13
    Draw - 9