hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Madden

Coaching Staff

Bobby Madden

Bobby Madden carries on his outstanding referring career in England's league 2. Bizarre sending off, fails to give yellow for bad tackle, in others words carrying on much as he did in Scotland. Poorly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I didn't see much wrong with the sending off. Guy kicked the ball away and was booked, then kicked the ball away again, refused to go back 10 yards then rolled about on the ground after someone brushed against his foot.

2 out of 3 were worthy of 2nd bookings by the letter of the law so he was well within his rights to send the guy off.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobby Madden carries on his outstanding referring career in England's league 2. Bizarre sending off, fails to give yellow for bad tackle, in others words carrying on much as he did in Scotland. Poorly.
    Same as he did in Scotland
    Good riddins
    Any vacancies for Clancy, Walsh,And cheatin Beaton and that idiot Anderson from yesterday

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I didn't see much wrong with the sending off. Guy kicked the ball away and was booked, then kicked the ball away again, refused to go back 10 yards then rolled about on the ground after someone brushed against his foot.

2 out of 3 were worthy of 2nd bookings by the letter of the law so he was well within his rights to send the guy off.
    That's how i see it

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    It's absolutely 100% a sending off. Think it's weird anyone could think otherwise. Should have been a second yellow after he kicked the ball away after the first yellow.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    The only thing I found bizarre was the idiocy from the Doncaster player. Why he just stood there and kicked it away again after being booked is just a total lack of respect.

One of our “top refs” in Scotland finding his level in Englands league two doesn’t surprise me however.

100% a sending off. The only bizarre thing about it was the players behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    The only thing I found bizarre was the idiocy from the Doncaster player. Why he just stood there and kicked it away again after being booked is just a total lack of respect.

One of our “top refs” in Scotland finding his level in Englands league two doesn’t surprise me however.
    This has been on the cards with Madden for 2 or 3 years. I'm friends with a former top ref in England now a refereeing Administrator. Madden is chasing the top league, you have to work your way up

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

This is how I saw it

I always tonight Madden was one of our best ref’s and I am sure he will quickly work his way up the English leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip shop Joe View Post
    I always tonight Madden was one of our best ref’s and I am sure he will quickly work his way up the English leagues.
    I highly doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    100% a sending off. The only bizarre thing about it was the players behaviour
    Agreed.

Could you imagine him doing that to a Rangers or Celtic player??? Not a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Nothing bizarre about it tbh. It was a sending off.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Nothing bizarre about it tbh. It was a sending off.
    Merely quoting some of the fans after the game, they want him shipped back to Scotland ASAP 😂

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    It’s Bizarre you don’t think it is a red, player gets booked then continues to be an idiot, second booking all day long

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    It’s Bizarre you don’t think it is a red, player gets booked then continues to be an idiot, second booking all day long
    See my previous post!!

He was absolutely spot on to send the guy off. Bizarre thread. A hopeless ref, who was terrified to card players appears to be learning. Although he would never ever send a Hun off for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He was absolutely spot on to send the guy off. Bizarre thread. A hopeless ref, who was terrified to card players appears to be learning. Although he would never ever send a Hun off for it.
    Or perhaps he is simply thriving now he is away from the toxic glasgow centric body that runs the Scottish game.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Or perhaps he is simply thriving now he is away from the toxic glasgow centric body that runs the Scottish game.
    Why would that prevent him from booking Livi players? Or Aberdeen players?

The other thing that's bizarre is the guy clearly wants sent off, the bookies must be sniffing around this one.

(Jamie Walker with the foot stamp too)

Coaching Staff
    Why would that prevent him from booking Livi players? Or Aberdeen players?
    So what's the answer to your question or is it purely rhetoric?

So what's the answer to your question or is it purely rhetoric?
    I've no idea, but I personally don't blame my boss if I do **** work.

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    Have to say that's the kind of nonsense that I wish more players were sent off for, so regardless of anything he's done in Scotland I'm happy to give him full credit for that one.

Coaching Staff
    I've no idea, but I personally don't blame my boss if I do **** work.
    When did he blame his boss(s)?

When did he blame his boss(s)?
    He didn't, but others have suggested his new employment is the reason he's grown a spine.

Testimonial Due
    For all the attention and "Bobby Madden lolz" comments this was getting, when you actually watch it he got it right, player totally lost his head and deserved the red card.

Correct decision from Madden. Contrast that to what I saw in the Caley Thistle v Queens Park game on Saturday. The ref gave a foul against Simon Murray who reacted by grabbing the ball and furiously launching it into the ground in the direction of the player who was lying on the grass. Usually a yellow card, nothing given. A few minutes later and Caley Thistle are awarded another free kick, Simon Murray proceeds to kick the ball away (similar to what Lee Tomlin did) to prevent them taking a quick free kick and yet again the referee does nothing about it. He could have (and probably should have) had 2 bookings and a red card.

The most annoying thing for me right now is players standing right in front of the ball at free kicks and refs doing nothing about it. If a referee booked someone the first time they did that in a game you can be sure the players would stop doing it. Yet if a player stands in front of the ball and the person trying to take the free kick kicks the ball against them, they are seen as the poor sportsman in a lot of peoples eyes.

Coaching Staff
    He didn't, but others have suggested his new employment is the reason he's grown a spine.
    I'm sure I saw a report that he felt he had hit the glass ceiling, and could not progress any further, thus denying him the opportunity to referee international matches, who knows anyway good luck to him down south not the worst ref but, not the best long way from league 1 and 2 to EPL.

@hibs.net private member
    What is Madden’s ‘day job’ that took him to England?

Edit - warehouse manager at Broxburn bottlers.