hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never undertood the hate that especially Tam gets, I honestly could not imagine my weekend without them. It's utterly baffling.
    From Hibbies, it seems to be because he appeared at a fund raiser for the Jambos when they were in soapy bubble and is occasionally complimentary of them. I think we have to try to understand that not everyone hates Hearts, and that most people wouldn't want a Scottish club with their history to go doon the swanny...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    How sweet would it be if this pairs teams were both relegated this season. On current form they must both be in the frame.
    I like them so I listen to them. If you don't like them, don't listen to them. Simples!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Our very own FilipinoHibs is a regular contributor to the show.
    Yes they let me rip into Hearts and Rangers. Today's show I had a text saying I was delighted about beating the hammer throwers.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Cosgrove is brilliant. Smart, articulate and anti old firm.
    His books are also terrific.
    Cowan however...
    . Is funny

@hibs.net private member
    This one of the weirdest threads ever started on Hibs.net

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    I rarely listen to the Sunday show - a bit more magazine style of programme - but life on a Saturday would be much duller without Cowan and Cosgrove to hear : down-to-earth, often very witty, some great listener contributions, and no caps being doffed to the twisted sisters of Glasgow. You don't have to agree with everything they say to have a good laugh and to know they're generally on the side of the ordinary fan.

@hibs.net private member
    Like them both. They are both intelligent and witty and yes, it is refreshing that neither are old firm fans.

But their programmes are too long.

It’s starting to wane in my view. And even my mum (I’m 50) asked me who the old rambling farts are who come on the radio early Saturday afternoon.

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    I've never undertood the hate that especially Tam gets, I honestly could not imagine my weekend without them. It's utterly baffling.
    It seems to be the way of things on here, threads about hating comedians, amiable sports presenters like Richard Gordon, our own young players like Rocky & Josh Campbell, the general hysteria/paranoia about programmes like Sportsound.

Some people seem to look for any reason however obscure or irrational to criticise or rubbish the decent & good.

Tiring reading all the negative **** - be nice if people had a think about the positives before they post the negative.

Haters gotta hate.

At least they can talk grammatically and don't say "definAtely"!

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    From Hibbies, it seems to be because he appeared at a fund raiser for the Jambos when they were in soapy bubble and is occasionally complimentary of them. I think we have to try to understand that not everyone hates Hearts, and that most people wouldn't want a Scottish club with their history to go doon the swanny...
    Soapy bubble and boon the swanny aye right Tam

I listen to them here in Berlin - I don't know much about either of the guys outwith "Off the Ball", but I enjoy the shows when I listen - they often have decent guests, they are open to discussing things in Scottish football and I find their views on various issues coupled with their banter about any old team refreshing. I've even laughed at the "odd" dig at Hibs and certain players ...

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    While the show is naturally maybe becoming a little tired, it’s understandable given it’s been in the air for almost 30 years.

It’s a bit of a comfort blanket really and part of many fans match day as they travel to watch their clubs and offers a bit of light relief before the more sober Sportsound comes on. In a similar way to how for years travel home from away matches was accompanied by the skirl of Robbie Shephard’s “Take the Floor” after Sportsound went off air.

That they can still produce engaging and entertaining content aster so long is a credit to both Cosgrove and Cowan. Two naturally funny men who have an easy rapport with each other, and ultimately have the mindset as genuine fans who understand the trials and tribulations of life as a football fan.

Long may they continue.

Quote Originally Posted by RMQ1967 View Post
    It seems to be the way of things on here, threads about hating comedians, amiable sports presenters like Richard Gordon, our own young players like Rocky & Josh Campbell, the general hysteria/paranoia about programmes like Sportsound.

Some people seem to look for any reason however obscure or irrational to criticise or rubbish the decent & good.

Tiring reading all the negative **** - be nice if people had a think about the positives before they post the negative.
    Too many torn-faced buggers and grumpy auld men

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Too many torn-faced buggers and grumpy auld men
    I'm a grumpy auld man and I love listening to Stuart and Tam on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    At least they can talk grammatically and don't say "definAtely"!
    And don't start every sentence with "listen"

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    How sweet would it be if this pairs teams were both relegated this season. On current form they must both be in the frame.
    Very strange post. There's a good reason they have lasted so long on the radio.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    I like Off the Ball. It's a good programme, presented by two down too earth football fans who don't take themselves too seriously.