hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Time wasting

Time wasting

How much added time was actually played yesterday?

Their time wasting was a disgrace and the irony is, it could have benefited them as gives them more time to score an equaliser after we scored. Time for the officials to have the authority to not play as much added time as planned if one team are constantly wasting time but lose a late goal.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    there was 6 minutes added, which doesn't really make sense with the amount of stoppages and subs for both teams.

LJ eluded to it yesterday and the Falkirk game I think that the amount of time wasting going on meant the ball was roughly only in play for half the 45 minutes or words to that effect

Think it will be a reminder to him that if we go a goal down come the second half most teams in scotland slow the game right down to get no momentum for opposition what so ever. Not giving away stupid fouls must drummed into the players for horrible anti footballing opponents like yesterdays

@hibs.net private member
    I’m surprised 6 mins was added on, it was good to see the hibs bench, including LJ, constantly at the 4th official complaining about their time wasting. We’ve been far too passive under previous regimes, players and management team. Anyone see who got booked on the bench yesterday? Anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    there was 6 minutes added, which doesn't really make sense with the amount of stoppages and subs for both teams.
    Play was stopped for around 4 minutes alone at the sending off as after the red card had been issued, Jamie Murphy somehow got injured whilst standing about and sat down needing treatment as Davidson was walking up the tunnel 🤷🏻*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    LJ eluded to it yesterday and the Falkirk game I think that the amount of time wasting going on meant the ball was roughly only in play for half the 45 minutes or words to that effect

Think it will be a reminder to him that if we go a goal down come the second half most teams in scotland slow the game right down to get no momentum for opposition what so ever. Not giving away stupid fouls must drummed into the players for horrible anti footballing opponents like yesterdays
    I was glad LJ called it out and hope he continues to do so. He brought it up after the Morton game too but it has more impact after a win as pundits can't just write it off as sour grapes.

It's getting out of hand to the detriment of the game. The left back rolling back on to the pitch was pathetic. Funnily enough they stopped going down injured when we took the lead.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    I’m surprised 6 mins was added on, it was good to see the hibs bench, including LJ, constantly at the 4th official complaining about their time wasting. We’ve been far too passive under previous regimes, players and management team. Anyone see who got booked on the bench yesterday? Anyone know why?
    Jamie Mcallister got booked

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    It's getting out of hand to the detriment of the game. The left back rolling back on to the pitch was pathetic. Funnily enough they stopped going down injured when we took the lead.
    That should have been a booking straight away. So clear.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Jamie Mcallister got booked
    Assume his complaint was Melkersen getting booked after Montgomery bizarrely didn't after blatant fouls on Elias early doors.

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    I didn't used to mind st johnstone, I hope they get relegated this season now, that play acting, going down holding the head and timewasting is as bad as I've seen from any jambo team or any of mcinnes aberdeen teams. Scandalous !
    If a hibs manager ever sent a team out wi tactics like that hed be hounded out in no time by the support am rightly so
    !
    Embarrassing from them yesterday, no attempt at all to try to win the game, try cheat their way to a point.
    Last edited by OstKurve Hibs; 31-07-2022 at 09:25 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    All it would take is for one person to get shown 2 yellow cards for it, I’ve no idea why a ref can book say a goalkeeper for taking too long to take a goal kick then continue to let him away with it for rest of the game just book him again the point is then made, never going to get the 10-15mins added back on at the end.

Ref was weak throughout including ignoring Porto getting rugby tackled right in front of his nose.
    100% penalty.

The media guys at the club should put together a showreel of this type of histrionics and present it to the SPFL/SFA.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    The media guys at the club should put together a showreel of this type of histrionics and present it to the SPFL/SFA.
    would be interesting to see how much time the ball was in play after sending off
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

We do it aswell when it suits us. It's part of the game.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgiehibee View Post
    Every club does it to some extent but some are worse than others.

It needs stamped out of the game by whatever means necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post

Our neighbours have been the masters of breaking up the game and time wasting for years. Last seasons SC SF was a classic example, we were all over them at the start of the 2nd half but they started sitting down on the pitch feigning injury at every tackle effectively killing any momentum we had.
    Look out for more of the same Sunday if they get their noses in front and we're pushing for an equaliser.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgiehibee View Post
    I'd love to see us do it when required, I honestly can't think of a game where we've done it. Can you think of any?

The time wasting was a disgrace yesterday.

Apart from after we scored when Marshall tossed a ball into the stand then walked about 30 yards to get another ball. That was brilliant.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years