hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    If you look at most of the bad desicions made yesterday, they were made by FIFA classed officals

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibstag View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miller effectively said that the foul was premeditated that in itself makes it a red card offence . They kept talking about JDH tackle but at least he was close to the ball nearly knicking it off the toe. Lunstrum just took out Boyle
    Exactly. MOTD pundits just keep it short and sweet, foul or no foul/yellow or red and are much more involved with talking about the skills shown in most games. The convulted, linguistic contortions Scottish pundits twist themselves into are funny but do our game an injustice.

The seem to know what the player was thinking, what he meant to do, ignore the force/height of a tackle and circumstances to suit themselves, know exactly what the ref has seen and bend the interpretation of the laws so it becomes comical.

Hibs first goal was one of the best passages of play in Britain yesterday and all they can talk about is the Rangers players shoulda, woulda, coulda. Like the Rangers second goal you just have to give the attacking team some credit sometimes but it's pulling teeth with that lot. Sweet to hear it really, shoes they are spewing.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kato; 21-08-2022 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Exactly. MOTD pundits just keep it short and sweet, foul or no foul/yellow or red and are much more involved with talking about the skills shown in most games. The convulted, linguistic contortions Scottish pundits twist themselves into are funny but do our game an injustice.

The seem to know what the player was thinking, what he meant to do, ignore the force/height of a tackle and circumstances to suit themselves, know exactly what the ref has seen and bend the interpretation of the laws so it becomes comical.

Hibs first goal was one of the best passages of play in Britain yesterday and all the can talk about is the Rangers players shoulda, woulda, coulda. Like the Rangers second goal you just have to give the attacking team some credit sometimes but it's pulling teeth with that lot. Sweet to hear it really, shoes they are spewing.

Re Hibs 1st goal yesterday, I think it was Tavarnier who came out and said " we lost a sloppy goal at the start of the second half "

Sloppy 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Re Hibs 1st goal yesterday, I think it was Tavarnier who came out and said " we lost a sloppy goal at the start of the second half "

Sloppy
    Sharp and crisp, bing bang goal. Rangers second was the same really, hard to defend against and a well worked goal but even pundits have a hard time with giving credit.

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post

Sloppy 🤣
    That's one straight out of the Levein playbook, after the Natural Order Derby.
    Last edited by 007; 21-08-2022 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

Hibs first goal was one of the best passages of play in Britain yesterday and all they can talk about is the Rangers players shoulda, woulda, coulda. Like the Rangers second goal you just have to give the attacking team some credit sometimes but it's pulling teeth with that lot. Sweet to hear it really, shoes they are spewing.

The BBC team would love this, a surgical analysis of Carlos Alberto's famous goal against Italy in the 1970 World Cup final. It manages to partly blame the Italians for not defending it properly.

Analysing Carlos Alberto’s 1970 goal | THE RISING BALL

'Burgnich was shocking there, he needs to get closer to Pele' opines Willie Miller, 'yeah, really poor, schoolboy stuff' adds Michael Stewart.

Ricky Foster talks absolute nonsense.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Keeps saying Celic

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    The BBC team would love this, a surgical analysis of Carlos Alberto's famous goal against Italy in the 1970 World Cup final. It manages to partly blame the Italians for not defending it properly.

Analysing Carlos Alberto’s 1970 goal | THE RISING BALL

'Burgnich was shocking there, he needs to get closer to Pele' opines Willie Miller, 'yeah, really poor, schoolboy stuff' adds Michael Stewart.
    “ the keeper will be disappointed with that as well, he’ll feel he could have done better”

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Didn't see it but it doesn't surprise me. Talks p**h most of the time.

Foster insinuating that Boyle made a meal of the Lundstram foul! Unbelievable!

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    How bad were those fouls by Ross county both could have been leg breakers but only yellow card, unreal decision.

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Another apologist talking keech. According to Foster Boyles heels had a wee clip and he shouldn't have made such a meal of it. 30 seconds before they froze frame on his knee getting banjoed 😅

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    How bad were those fouls by Ross county both could have been leg breakers but only yellow card, unreal decision.
    Agree. They were much worse than Lundstram's which unfortunately Rangers will no doubt use in their appeal. Would be good if it just got them both upgraded to reds (don't even know if the compliance officer looks at yellows whjch should've been red) and Lundstram's stood.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Keeps saying Celic
    Everyone knows it's celtc, don't think they ever omitted the T.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Agree. They were much worse than Lundstram's which unfortunately Rangers will no doubt use in their appeal. Would be good if it just got them both upgraded to reds (don't even know if the compliance officer looks at yellows whjch should've been red) and Lundstram's stood.
    I've always been under the impression that if a referee books a player, the matter is considered to be settled and that no further action can be taken unless it is a case of a mistaken identity.

Whilst we are on the subject of the compliance officer, will Colak's swan dive get a look at, could he possibly be banned for simulation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    I've always been under the impression that if a referee books a player, the matter is considered to be settled and that no further action can be taken unless it is a case of a mistaken identity.

Whilst we are on the subject of the compliance officer, will Colak's swan dive get a look at, could he possibly be banned for simulation?
    Yeah, I think you're right but I think in exceptional circumstances it might be possible to change yellows to reds, may need the ref to admit to him making an error. Both the Ross County ones were exceptional bad tackles. Callachan got a 2nd yellow later but a straight red might be and extra game ban.

I think we all know the answer to the Colak question. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by bringbackbenny View Post
    Another apologist talking keech. According to Foster Boyles heels had a wee clip and he shouldn't have made such a meal of it. 30 seconds before they froze frame on his knee getting banjoed
    There you ****ing go! So it’s now Boyles fault for running too fast and getting blootered from behind by an opponent.

If that had been Porteous they’d have him hung drawn and quartered!

Get this idiot tae ****!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocking comments from Foster. Its was that Martin Boyle and other hibs players that got Lundstram sent off....not the dirty hun who commited the foul. Their lack of awareness of anything outside the old firm is embarrassing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Had to laugh at the comments about Lundstram clipping his heels when the footage quite clearly shows a knee high tackle from behind, about 5 yards from the ball.

Clear a red as you’ll ever see.
    It was a yellow which is what you'd be saying if it was one of our players like JDH.

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    It was a yellow which is what you'd be saying if it was one of our players like JDH.
    Two very similar tackles, neither with any chance of getting the ball and both fully intent on bringing down the opponent before he could cross half way.

Both should be red but those are normally given as yellow.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Two very similar tackles, neither with any chance of getting the ball and both fully intent on bringing down the opponent before he could cross half way.

Both should be red but those are normally given as yellow.
    JDH had a chance of getting the ball was low with no studs showing not endangering his opponent. The other was high reckless no chance of getting the ball and did endanger bus opponent. High cards are absolutely spot on. Ive only seen the yellow from Callaghan’s challenge that should have been a red. Two reds if there was such a thing.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Foster is a smug wee prick, and a terrible pundit. An arrogant, condescending tone to everything he says. His comments about Boyle were absolutely shocking, and condemning the Hibs players for surrounding the referee when Rangers do that all the time is an absolute joke.

Thankfully, having just seen the end of Sportscene, they’ve just announced that that was his last appearance on the show.

Tbf, before the bitter Hun Foster starts his slavering, Jonathan Sutherland makes a good point about Collum's positioning for Lundstram's red (I think it's a good point as it's the same one I made 😆). He'd have seen Lundstram's studs in the back of Boyler's leg, and from that perspective it's a sending off. Sutherland suggested VAR may have given Collum the opportunity to change it to a yellow and I think that's likely (though it's one of those that's open to interpretation).

Foster completely ignored Sutherland's argument, in his anxiety to demonise Boyle and the Hibs players who reacted to the foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Foster is a smug wee prick, and a terrible pundit. An arrogant, condescending tone to everything he says. His comments about Boyle were absolutely shocking, and condemning the Hibs players for surrounding the referee when Rangers do that all the time is an absolute joke.

Thankfully, having just seen the end of Sportscene, they’ve just announced that that was his last appearance on the show.
    I think he is off to the states

If those comments don't make you understand that there is an agenda at play in the media then nothing will.

Hibs should be defending their player and calling this ***** out.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post

Probably understandable if you had to listen to Amy McDonald songs all day. Boyle is no more a diver than Kent Furahashi Jota Morelos or Boyce but difference is none of the others ever get called out for it. Easy target.

I've just watched the Richard Foster segment. Absolutely ridiculous. How he can point the finger at Boyle for play acting and our players for complaining about that tackle is beyond me. As said above, if you don't see there's an agenda at play in the media with these pundits you cant see anything.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    I think he is off to the states
    Can't be far enough away

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I've just watched the Richard Foster segment. Absolutely ridiculous. How he can point the finger at Boyle for play acting and our players for complaining about that tackle is beyond me. As said above, if you don't see there's an agenda at play in the media with these pundits you cant see anything.
    It’s crazy. If Porteous makes that challenge you can guarantee Foster would be talking about it differently.