hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They dropped 20 points to Celtic and Rangers last season, if they had picked up maximum points they would have finished one point ahead of Rangers but still 5 points behind Celtic.
    Well, if it is simply a question of whether we think hearts can close the gap in the old firm by taking many more points off them, then the easy answer is no chance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Am I being daft, but how is Dundee Utd's Harkes first yellow a booking? Completely out of both of the keepers hands and he then flicks the ball away?

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Am I being daft, but how is Dundee Utd's Harkes first yellow a booking? Completely out of both of the keepers hands and he then flicks the ball away?
    Section 2 of Law 12 states:

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
    holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
    bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air
    A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s).

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Noticed no in depth analysis of the tackles in the Hearts v Ross County all of which were worse than the tackles highlighted in the Hibs match. Nothing changes still not a balanced show.
    I watched a bit of the Livi v Rangers game at lunchtime and there were some pretty beefy tackles being dished out by Livi as you would expect. I don’t think any were shown in the highlights never mind scrutinised.
    Our games were gone over with a fine tooth comb last season on a weekly basis to try and find goals that should have been chalked off, and players that should have been booked or red carded and it looks like more of the same this season.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    Section 2 of Law 12 states:

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
    holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
    bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air
    A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s).
    But when Harke's touches the ball it's completely out of both hands and it's in the air, so surely the balls in play at that point? Anyway I'm obviously wrong but still think it's stupid!

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    But when Harke's touches the ball it's completely out of both hands and it's in the air, so surely the balls in play at that point? Anyway I'm obviously wrong but still think it's stupid!
    Here's some wording from earlier on in the same section:

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:

plays in a dangerous manner
    impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made
    is guilty of dissent, using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s) or other verbal offences
    prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it
    initiates a deliberate trick for the ball to be passed (including from a free kick or goal kick) to the goalkeeper with the head, chest, knee etc. to circumvent the Law, whether or not the goalkeeper touches the ball with the hands; the goalkeeper is penalised if responsible for initiating the deliberate trick
    commits any other offence, not mentioned in the Laws, for which play is stopped to caution or send off a player

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    Here's some wording from earlier on in the same section:

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:

plays in a dangerous manner
    impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made
    is guilty of dissent, using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s) or other verbal offences
    prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it
    initiates a deliberate trick for the ball to be passed (including from a free kick or goal kick) to the goalkeeper with the head, chest, knee etc. to circumvent the Law, whether or not the goalkeeper touches the ball with the hands; the goalkeeper is penalised if responsible for initiating the deliberate trick
    commits any other offence, not mentioned in the Laws, for which play is stopped to caution or send off a player
    Aye fair enough! Pretty sure Thierry Henry scored a goal for Arsenal doing the exact same thing back in the day, but by the rules the ref was spot on yesterday.

Sportscene 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    I watched a bit of the Livi v Rangers game at lunchtime and there were some pretty beefy tackles being dished out by Livi as you would expect. I don’t think any were shown in the highlights never mind scrutinised.
    Our games were gone over with a fine tooth comb last season on a weekly basis to try and find goals that should have been chalked off, and players that should have been booked or red carded and it looks like more of the same this season.
    Your last paragraph is spot on. Martin Boyle was highlighted every week so they could try and show he was diving.

They don’t even try and hide the bias shown towards us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    I’ve not watched it but listened to a bit of sport sound after the game for the first time in years and it was very negative towards hibs, they are somehow still talking about Jack ross, and the woman on the show was going on about how shocking it was hibs didn’t try to get mcinnes as manager.

I thought most folk on here just had sour grapes or something but having listened it is pretty weird.
    The woman on the show was Leanne Dempster !!!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aarsan View Post
    The woman on the show was Leanne Dempster !!!
    Leanne Crichton

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I didn’t see a huge amount wrong with it tbh, I thought Mikey Stewart was bang on with his analysis.

I think the analysis of the cards was spot on and that if the ref seems Davidsons red was legitimate then Cabraja should have been off, or they should both have been booked. They were clearly going for the “St Johnston are doomed” narrative and playing up the fact that we really should have been down to ten men.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I didn’t see a huge amount wrong with it tbh, I thought Mikey Stewart was bang on with his analysis.

I think the analysis of the cards was spot on and that if the ref seems Davidsons red was legitimate then Cabraja should have been off, or they should both have been booked. They were clearly going for the “St Johnston are doomed” narrative and playing up the fact that we really should have been down to ten men.
    From the highlights I seen it was either 2 yellows or 2 reds!
    How the ref can make 1 different from the other beggars belief?
    Just wait till VAR comes in, you will see a lot more of the same, especially against the Uglies!!!

I disagree that both tackles were the same. Refs have to assess any tackle on a range of factors so it's just so over-simplistic to say "you can't give a red for one and not the other". Having said that, in this case I'd say they were both reds

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Are sky not showing goals on Sunday and that anymore?

I quite enjoyed watching the goals and highlights from the championship and below

Who shows that now?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Are sky not showing goals on Sunday and that anymore?

I quite enjoyed watching the goals and highlights from the championship and below

Who shows that now?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    EFL highlights are on ITV.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Stop watching and listening. There are loads of other ways to see game highlights. I've not watched or listened in years and it's not something I miss.
    I don’t watch it, or listen, but it still seems to affect the work of the compliance officer and I still have to contribute money to produce it if I want to watch the telly legally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

There's no problem seeing it like that.

The question seems to be is why are similar and worse situations not being dissected the way they are in Hibs games.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    There's no problem seeing it like that.

The question seems to be is why are similar and worse situations not being dissected the way they are in Hibs games.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    That is the question why are and this is probably anecdotal primarily Rangers and Hearts incidents not analysed in the same way and highlighted apparently a very poor Hearts tackle ignored again yesterday. Rangers Hibs last season Lundstram ignored was also an Aribo tackle think against Hearts ignored. .

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    I have to say it’s been a number of years now since I last watched Sportscene….don’t see that changing anytime soon

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Just wait till VAR comes in, you will see a lot more of the same, especially against the Uglies!!!
    The tackle by Davidson was shin high, the tackle by Cabraja was on the ground. That is the only difference I can see.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    The tackle by Davidson was shin high, the tackle by Cabraja was on the ground. That is the only difference I can see.
    Also, one was against a Hibs hero and one was against a Hertz prick

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    I have to say it’s been a number of years now since I last watched Sportscene….don’t see that changing anytime soon

Likewise. I’ll watch the Hibs highlights on the BBC website, and all the highlights released by Hibs. Have little interest in watching any other games but if Hearts have had a comedy result I’ll certainly take a look at that.

I couldn’t sit through a whole episode of Sportscene.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    The only thing I can think of to make the difference in cards was that Davidson made absolutely no attempt to play the ball and was only interested in taking the man out the game. At east out boy tried to get to the ball.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Also, one was against a Hibs hero and one was against a Hertz prick
    This ends all debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Likewise. I’ll watch the Hibs highlights on the BBC website, and all the highlights released by Hibs. Have little interest in watching any other games but if Hearts have had a comedy result I’ll certainly take a look at that.

I couldn’t sit through a whole episode of Sportscene.
    I agree with every word of this. I also have to say I'm not interested in anything to do with Hearts really, so there's no need for me to listen to Sportsound at any time either.
    Last edited by ekhibee; 31-07-2022 at 10:02 PM.

Interesting editorial choice not to show the non foul that lead to Livingston’s second goal today.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    Interesting editorial choice not to show the non foul that lead to Livingston’s second goal today.
    Shock.

Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    It’s a disgrace l, if that was a Hibs free kick and goal it would have been picked to bits. Shocking. 😡

The Jack Ross love in continues from wee Mike Stewart and Co. Not a mention of the comedy defending against them today. If that had been us that display would have been ripped to shreds

Since Mikey bottled it for his Huns comments he’s been a bit of a joke, which is a real shame as he was the only real neutral we had on Hunscene.

Still, i must admit I’m loving watching Jack Ross imploding. Said it even when he was with us - he’s an imposter.